Amy Barrett Can Be in SCOTUS Next Month if Republicans Have the Balls

There is a secondary reason for ramming this through immediately, and it is a very important reason. Nominating a conservative, and then confirming them prior to election, will drive stake through heart of fascist base, who will collectively give up the evil fight they have waged.... many of them will not even vote.
I actually think it’s going to help Trump not hurt him

Especially if the joe biden rioters tick up the batshit crazy like they did during the Kavanaugh hearings.......Conservatives and normal people were outraged by what they did to that man, but the effect of that rage was diminished because 1) he did get confirmed and 2) the election was too far away from the bat shit crazy behavior of the democrats......

Neither case it true here.........the nomination will be close, the joe biden voters will be insane, and the election is right here, not months away.....
What Mitch did to Garland was wrong and to rush this pick through doubles down on the wrong, he should be removed from office if that’s what he does. That said Trump has the right to nominate as did Obama. The classy move would be to wait, but Trump isn’t classy. If the Dems were smart they would acknowledge Trumps right to make the pick, cry foul at the hypocrisy of McConnell, but get the process done as quickly as possible because if they drag it out it will re-elect Trump.
If Dems controlled the Senate lame duck Obama would have had his Justice.

Like Trump will have his.

A community organizer once said: Elections have consequences.
That’s even more bullshit partisan gamesmanship. The precedent being set is a SCOTUS nominee can only be voted on if The president and senate are controlled by the same party. Total bullshit

There is a secondary reason for ramming this through immediately, and it is a very important reason. Nominating a conservative, and then confirming them prior to election, will drive stake through heart of fascist base, who will collectively give up the evil fight they have waged.... many of them will not even vote.

Especially if the joe biden rioters tick up the batshit crazy like they did during the Kavanaugh hearings.......Conservatives and normal people were outraged by what they did to that man, but the effect of that rage was diminished because 1) he did get confirmed and 2) the election was too far away from the bat shit crazy behavior of the democrats......

Neither case it true here.........the nomination will be close, the joe biden voters will be insane, and the election is right here, not months away.....
What Mitch did to Garland was wrong and to rush this pick through doubles down on the wrong, he should be removed from office if that’s what he does. That said Trump has the right to nominate as did Obama. The classy move would be to wait, but Trump isn’t classy. If the Dems were smart they would acknowledge Trumps right to make the pick, cry foul at the hypocrisy of McConnell, but get the process done as quickly as possible because if they drag it out it will re-elect Trump.
We drink your tears of anguish like a fine wine.
What tears of anguish? You’re in fantasyland again

You fascists continually misrepresent what took place with Garland, which was this, Obama possessed 38% approval rating 9 months out from election, and the republicans controlled both senate and house of reps. No opposition party president absent his own party controlling the senate, had achieved a scotus nomination/confirmation since the 1880's, and Obama was what? Oh a democrat! ! Last I checked, Trump is president at least until January 20th, and the senate(body that confirms scotus nominees)is republican, same as the president! :wink:
Yes Obama was 9 months out and Trump is 2 months out which is another factor that makes this situation all that much more absurd

Another point. Look at this from the Trump camp.

If he pushed it through, he'd alienate a bunch of dem voters who hate him anyway and wouldn't vote for him.

If he waits, he alienates a bunch of republicans that WOULD vote for him thus it could cost him the election to wait.

Gotta take care of business now.
Yes of course Trump is going to push it through. No doubt

Thanks to Reid, no filibuster.
53-47 party line vote.
50-50 minus Romney, Collins, Murkowski.
Pence comes in, 51-50.

Now can Trump crack the whip hard enough.
What about "the American people deserve a choice"?

Or are you saying that republicans are just lying, hypocritical, shit-bags?
Joe said it’s fine to add a Justice in an election year.
View attachment 390601
Do you agree with what Joe is saying?

That’s even more bullshit partisan gamesmanship. The precedent being set is a SCOTUS nominee can only be voted on if The president and senate are controlled by the same party. Total bullshit
Is it, well get used to it, because its about to be rammed right on down your fucking fascist throat! :fu:

Of cou
Look at that! Biden says election year SCOTUS picks are totally fine!

So that's it, unanimous consent, lets do it!
Of course it is totally fine... what isn't fine is what McConnell did to Obama and Garland, and this just highlights that. What a piece of shit that guy is

You fascists continually misrepresent what took place with Garland, which was this, Obama possessed 38% approval rating 9 months out from election, and the republicans controlled both senate and house of reps. No opposition party president absent his own party controlling the senate, had achieved a scotus nomination/confirmation since the 1880's, and Obama was what? Oh a democrat! ! Last I checked, Trump is president at least until January 20th, and the senate(body that confirms scotus nominees)is republican, same as the president! :wink:
Obama did his job by nominating a judge. The Senate did their job by advising not to take it up. Two separate branches of government, something the idiotic left can't understand.
Where does it say that it is Congresses job to advise to not take it up? Can you show me?

Donald and McTurtle won't get 53 votes and especially on a loon like Barrett. Too many close races dude .. I can count 4 or 5 Rs right now who would't dare confirm ANYONE. Two have already said NO WAY.

Wrong. Story this morning. 52 GOP votes already lined up. Dims lose again. Sad...:(

And btw....Barrett was confirmed in 2017 for the Court of Appeals 55-45.

Wow she was 55-45?! That’s not very good for a lower court. Might be tougher for SCOTUS. Sounds like she s got some areas of contention. I’ll have to read up on her

It's called resist, have you not heard of it?

Yes I have heard of it. Were all the judge nominations 55-45?

Obama did his job by nominating a judge. The Senate did their job by advising not to take it up. Two separate branches of government, something the idiotic left can't understand.
Where does it say that it is Congresses job to advise to not take it up? Can you show me?
Show me where the Constitution says the Senate must immediately conduct a hearing on the nominee.

Any Barrett is my choice. She has outstanding credentials. I wonder how many fake people the Dims will try to trot out and try to destroy her?
What about her credentials do you like?
Any Barrett is my choice. She has outstanding credentials. I wonder how many fake people the Dims will try to trot out and try to destroy her?
She is brilliant. She graduated magna cum laude undergrad and first in Law School class. She is considered one of the best legal minds in the Country.
Ive been reading up on her. She does sound smart and I haven’t seen glaring objectionable Areas. She does however seem very light in experience. I’m not seeing the credentials you speak of. Good education, clerked for Scalia, taught law in college, served as judge in the appellate court since 2017. That’s not a very long time and feels like a pretty light resume for SCOTUS. You don’t think so?

A much better resume than Kagan who never got passed academia after clerking.

She was White House counsel and Solicitor General of the USA and also dean of Harvard law school. You don’t think that’s noteworthy?

Is it, well get used to it, because its about to be rammed right on down your fucking fascist throat! :fu:
What’s wrong with you? Why are you so angry?

Show me where the Constitution says the Senate must immediately conduct a hearing on the nominee.
I didn’t claim it said that. But you claimed it was congresses job to advise and not take it up. Are you admitting to being wrong about that?

Donald and McTurtle won't get 53 votes and especially on a loon like Barrett. Too many close races dude .. I can count 4 or 5 Rs right now who would't dare confirm ANYONE. Two have already said NO WAY.

Wrong. Story this morning. 52 GOP votes already lined up. Dims lose again. Sad...:(

And btw....Barrett was confirmed in 2017 for the Court of Appeals 55-45.

Wow she was 55-45?! That’s not very good for a lower court. Might be tougher for SCOTUS. Sounds like she s got some areas of contention. I’ll have to read up on her

It's called resist, have you not heard of it?

Yes I have heard of it. Were all the judge nominations 55-45?

Doubt it, but I'm not going to check almost 300 appointments.

She is brilliant. She graduated magna cum laude undergrad and first in Law School class. She is considered one of the best legal minds in the Country.
Ive been reading up on her. She does sound smart and I haven’t seen glaring objectionable Areas. She does however seem very light in experience. I’m not seeing the credentials you speak of. Good education, clerked for Scalia, taught law in college, served as judge in the appellate court since 2017. That’s not a very long time and feels like a pretty light resume for SCOTUS. You don’t think so?

She was White House counsel and Solicitor General of the USA and also dean of Harvard law school. You don’t think that’s noteworthy?

Zero experience as a judge, you don't think that's noteworthy?

Yes it is. Just be complete. You didn’t paint her accurately

Yes it is. Just be complete. You didn’t paint her accurately

Really, why don't you present all of Kagan's accomplishments in any of her positions, well other than eliminating Con-law to get a Harvard law degree.

Barrett completely destroys the Democrats' primary tactic of marching out a host of women claiming to have been the sexual crime victim of whatever man is nominated...

Forum List

Back