America’s Forgotten WWII Internment Camps --- History Forgotten

In hindsight...

We shouldn’t have had slavery
We should have treated Native Americans as equals
We should have given women equal rights
We should have treated gays better.

We shouldn’t have interred Japanese

Republicans would have a great case, if some Japanese citizens created sabotage on the West Coast airplane factories. Imagine the outcry by Republican because FDR did not protect those factories, and the Republicans would have a great case.
Instead some Japanese joined the American army and were seen as one of the best army units. But the big question is: how did Japanese-Americans vote for president even after the internment camps, Republican or Democratic?

The main reason they decided on internment was the fanatic patriotism Japanese in America expressed for the Japanese conquests in Asia in the preceding decades, the aid given a downed Japanese pilot in the attack on Hawaii, and the fact that for years the Imperial Japanese intelligence services had been trying to recruit American Japanese as spies and saboteurs for years before they attacked Pearl, and almost no one in the Japanese communities ever reported these attempts. Japanese communities in the U.S. had regular drives to collect money and goods to send to Japanese soldiers in Asia, same as our Red Cross did for our troops in wartime.

They were treated with kid gloves compared to any other peoples' treatments of similar populations in other countries, which is why we can safely assume only idiots and commies would spread the sort of nonsense about a handful of internment facilities here. They were also being attacked by other Asians, especially Philippino Americans, so their personal safety was also a factor.

What a complete load of bullshit.
yes--your replies are that--no question about it

And, despite all the lies to the contrary, they were given reparations soon after the war, some $37 million, for property not worth much at all.

Unkotare's ancestors blew theirs in Vegas, which is why he's whining for more now.

In hindsight...

Build a time machine and go back then and do some Social Justice Warrior Stuff when it mattered. It doesn't now, and we did treat Native Americans appropriately, better than the North treated southerners during the Reconstruction scam and up to today. We should have quarantined homosexual fetishists the first sign of AIDS then, and we should be doing that now as well, and taxing both homosexuals and anybody who supports Gay Rights hoaxes for the costs of that, including the infections they're till at the top of the list of spreaders.

..... their personal safety was also a factor.

The very first time you are awakened by soldiers banging on your door with the butt of their rifles and you are thrown into a concentration camp "for your personal safety," you'll realize how fucking stupid that comment was.

The main reason they decided on internment was the fanatic patriotism Japanese in America expressed for the Japanese conquests in Asia .....

Japanese Americans PROVED themselves to be among the bravest, most loyal and courageous Americans.

Democrat FDR allowed the internment camps.

They were wrong..94+% wrong, but some were spies.

I do not approve of the way that was handled.

....., the aid given a downed Japanese pilot in the attack on Hawaii.....

Weakest of your weak justifications. One isolated incident on one little island, which was ultimately thwarted by - wait for it - Japanese Americans. You are shameless.

In hindsight...

Also we shouldn't have allowed rightwingers.

They were wrong..94% wrong, but some were spies.

"Allowed"? They were HIS concentration camps. Not one Japanese American was ever convicted of espionage or sabotage during the war (in contrast with German and Italian Americans).

They were wrong..94% wrong, but some were spies.

"Allowed"? They were HIS concentration camps. Not one Japanese American was ever convicted of espionage or sabotage during the war (in contrast with German and Italian Americans).

What do you want me to say? Me and mine had not a damn thing to do with it.

None of us..going back to forever, k?

It was wrong, and I'm saying it was wrong, you're wrong about the "no spies" though, because a few were caught.

Up to 1/2 a dozen.

Yeah, that damn sure doesn't justify the way it went down.

Nisei got abused.

Good thing the Japanese-Americans aren't like some American blacks.

The way the government did it was atrocious. I would not have bought their (The Nisei's) places the government forced them out of. Who did? That's an interesting question.

That's just bad juju waiting to happen.

May not be "The best of doing business", but I like to sleep at night with no problems.

We just don't roll like that in my family.

There's other things I can do.

Yeah they did change, we know 1000 times more about history than they did when you went to school, and again 1000 times more today than when I went to school. People write their dissertations often on one event in history, it can take decades to study certain eras, some people have dedicated their lives to studying WW II alone. I knew about the all internment camps because I studied WWII for at least a decade on my own (not full time mind you).
You talk about age, in elementary and HS I was taught about a myriad of subjects we now know to be false or at least highly questionable in both science and history. The use of modern technology and modern methods has vastly expanded our knowledge and wiped away some long cherished ideas/explanations.
If you get into a detailed study of WW II then yes you will learn about all the internment camps not just the Japanese ones. Was there some racism involved? Of course there was, was it the reason for tossing people in internment camps? Yes and no. Is it not taught in general HS and college courses because of the "Democrat's racism"? You're grasping at partisan straws to build a strawman. Good luck with that.
racism was a reason for internment camps? please explain and prove

Concentration camps.
we are talking about internment camps

That’s not what fdr called them. He called them what they were.
you haven't explained the racism part--why not?

The scumbag fdr explained it through his frequent comments that Asians and Jews shouldn't be allowed to mix with whites. He explained it when he ignored his own intelligence officers and their conclusions in the Ringle Report. He explained it when his west coast buddies made a killing buying up the agricultural land essentially stolen from Japanese Americans by the scumbag fdr's concentration camp real estate program.

And, despite all the lies to the contrary, they were given reparations soon after the war, some $37 million, for property not worth much at all......

Property worth a great deal through many years of hard work. And what "lies to the contrary"?

Last year I was able to have a survivor from fdr's concentration camps come in and speak to my History classes.

Forum List

Back