Americans Quit Their Jobs at Record Pace for 2nd Month

Just wait until these mandates kick in for companies with over 100 employees.

Lesh
That's because its true. All you needed to do was look it up. I did.

Plus its pretty much common sense. Lower paying job. Or higher paying job. Guess which one I'd pick.

Oooh if he worked here he would be busted for a pee test then. How does he make his sales goals when nothing can be delivered currently?
LOL, the company is Logical Positions, and it is all about internet marketing. I don't know what you mean about nothing being delivered, between my son and my wife there is something being delivered here every single day.

LOL, the company is Logical Positions, and it is all about internet marketing. I don't know what you mean about nothing being delivered, between my son and my wife there is something being delivered here every single day.
Wow lucky people....we are weeks behind in deliveries of raw materials and products needed to produce our products and fill orders...you know, the Poopeyman created shortage of goods. But maybe Amazon does a better job getting stuff delivered?

ColonelAngus
Looks like they are quitting jobs and going after higher paying jobs. Since everyone is hiring and paying higher wages it looks like a good idea. Quit one job and take another with better pay.
I support this also if in fact it is happening. But it appears people are quitting and the open jobs remain extremely high, of all kinds.

The answer is right there in your own link, dumbass.

The figures point to a historic level of turmoil in the job market as newly-empowered workers quit jobs to take higher pay that is being dangled by increasingly-desperate employers in need of help.

My own company is doing the same thing. We are hiring people away from other companies for more pay.
Actually, the workforce participation rate is still behind what it was this time in 2019 [63.1% in 2019 to current 61.6%]. So no, they aren't all quitting because they got a better job - they are just leaving the workforce.

Just wait until these mandates kick in for companies with over 100 employees.

I think it's doubtful a higher court will reverse the most recent ruling that has it on ice for now. The anti-mandate governors will likely fight it all the way to the Supreme Court if that's what it takes.

I just talked to a FB friend before I signed on now and he's losing his job next week over his companies mandate. Of course it's not the governments mandate, but he said they're following through anyway. His choice is get the shot or he has to pay $100.00 a month for testing. He said there are too many other jobs around for him to even consider it. So it seems during this labor shortage, the mandate companies will be losing good workers to the non-mandate companies, and I say good for them.

Obviously it’s NOT because of government subsidies or extended unemployment. Those ended months ago

Maybe people just aren’t willing to work for shit wages

I don't know about you but you need some sort of money coming in. How do you eat with no money unless you are on SNAP's? You have to make your mortgage, stay warm this winter.

When you have no money coming in, shit money looks pretty good. Now if you have the option to work or not, it must mean you live in your parents basement or have a spouse that makes really great money to support the both of you.

Actually, the workforce participation rate is still behind what it was this time in 2019 [63.1% in 2019 to current 61.6%]. So no, they aren't all quitting because they got a better job - they are just leaving the workforce.

but it is the same as it was the last two months so clearly his record number of people quitting are not all just sitting home

Forum List

Back