Americans are close to losing everything our ancestors fought & died for

See, Sparky, that's what I like about you- I'd enjoy sharing a few cups of coffee chatting- over a period of time as the topics would flow like a river.

Any reply to the above would be speculation- however, since Jefferson was anti federalist I suspect his knowledge added to his insight as to where the country was headed. I would imagine even he would say it was speculation based on those traits. He was not only very knowledgeable he comes across as being very insightful.

The founders who agreed with his insights would probably be very disappointed in today's MIC infected/enriched world, but, more than likely would say "I told you so"- Jefferson would probably add the same thing about Banks.

As for our collective identity I'd go with Great Britain- especially considering our global colonization with military bases financed by our quasi-keynesian monetary policy- or actually, any European aristocratic nation- we have a collective arrogance unequaled in the past represented in the immoral double standards and lies told to justify our lies- the British were, if I'm correct, known for their haughtiness based on class though their pretense by allowing a *congress* or whatever they call their governing body does exist- and we have both in the District of Criminals who "class" citizens (think stinky tourist Harry Reid) and all politicians use of voters into 2 categories, (a) tools or (b) enemies and "class" with Income Tax Brackets, which that alone, I suspect, would cause seizures to the founders, the federalist as well as the anti-federalist-

As for the soldiers and mental problems- it's a topic I despise for what is happening. It could be said, though, they were not up for the battles to begin with and the killing exacerbated their personal situations. That brings to mind my displeasure at the "one size fits all" approach to everything gov't does. There are those who don't suffer- are they the norm or the exception? It pisses me off how those who do suffer are allegedly treated- I have very little first hand knowledge, the rest mostly hearsay, but, the gov't does absolutely nothing to encourage me to trust it in any arena- and in reflection over at least 50 cognizant years never has.

So here we are 2020 Gdjjr, with a federal government that's grown so large it's generally expected to collapse under it's own debt , along with these shutdowns where we're held hostage to their whim.

makes me wonder.....

We've seen states threatening to secede the union , rather sane states at that.

Maybe they see it all going toward a bad end?

~S~

Maybe they see it all going toward a bad end?
I don't know bud. It doesn't look good for sure. Then I consider "good" is subjective. And I am comparing my time here vs younger peoples time not here.

Young people adapt a lot easier than old folks- of course what they're adapting to is what I see vs what I've seen- they can see neither- thankfully because I hate to think where I'd be if I knew than what I know now- likely incarcerated or dead- I don't deal well with authoritarians and the older I get the less patience I have with stupid and authoritarians and they are an interchangeable entity. A buddy once said, years ago, "youth is wasted on the young"- maybe, maybe not- it all depends on perspective- and age- LOL

I tell people younger than I am to live your life the way you want to- enjoy yourself and beat the cock suckers at their own game.
There are so many distractions in the world that it's hard to pick or choose an event that might prove catastrophic. Historians will decide that. They may even be alive today- but not yet wisened.
I used to have a neighbor who said something once that really struck a chord: This country seems to keep working in spite of itself. How true is that? Absolutely, up til now at least, 100%.

However, the ME is ripe as a trigger- the empty suit cowards in DC better tell Israel and Saudi to pound sand- and try to start all over- it pains my heart that my sons have to live in this shit, but, it is what it is- they're pretty tough and pretty sharp and fairly well prepared- and every once in a blue moon I'll run across a younger person who validates my faith in humans-

I'm glad I'm 72-

I used to have a neighbor who said something once that really struck a chord: This country seems to keep working in spite of itself. How true is that? Absolutely, up til now at least, 100%.

well he was right Gdjjr

When i was a lad i had the hippies on one ear, and all the 'older brothers' returning on the other...... the women's libbers .....the anti-this or that groups....the civil rights groups....the protest this or that folks.....it seemed everyone had a cause, a direction, a motive ...and that tricky dicky....i can still remember him going off on his chopper....seemed there was this big sigh of relief sea to shining sea....

So here we are, and history seems <kinda> repeating itself ...... the world's on fire yet again.....and everyone's out to tell me what to believe in , or what not to believe

can we simply tell the kids it's just another socio-political spat for us to get over?.... do we drag out the constitution for a pop quiz? .....go full prepper for the big crash?

i hope they don't hate us when they realize what we're handing off to them....

~S~

fk u YOGA PAD

26730999_520860988279082_8537931890166542238_n.jpg
Voting for Trump.....turns you orange

go full prepper for the big crash?
Prepare for the worse hope for the best- enjoy your life the best you know how and work to leave your space a little better than you found it- pass your knowledge on without being dogmatic- set an example which is the best teacher- don't expect instant results as they hardly ever end well- ingrain in yourself that which you purport to believe so that it becomes who you show to the public-

It's said, so I've heard, that there is nothing we can do to change things- perhaps that's true, but, you can influence your sphere of friends and family- I get a bit testy when people ask or say "we"- it's not "we's" decision- it is the decision of the Individual what he can do- "we" can make Individual choices, it's not against the rules to think for ourselves- if "we" feel compelled to become a part of a group felt to offer whatever, by all means go for it- just remember to not be disappointed when things that felt become things different-

As for the constitution- it's a tool and a good one at that but, it is just a set of rules and rules don't make the man- it's a good reference and shouldn't be ignored but if a full grown man (or woman) decides to not abide by the rules what are you gonna do? People still run stop signs and red lights, drive drunk, listen to empty suit political speeches and 30 second sound bites by talking heads and alleged know it alls-
Respect the rights of others is the key- begets begets. It's simple but not spelled easy- or instant ROI-

It's how I try to live and "I" will survive- x2 at least and maybe, at this point, x5 with 3 grandkids.

I’m going to make a move in the city I’m in to save it.. I can’t live like this
So, you're a terrorist now?
Are you scared of liberty? Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
Every generation does that anyway- one constant in life is change- best, better etc are perceived and subjective- kids adapt better than older people and since they don't (and can't) see what older people do they will learn their way- they may or may not be wistful about a past- they will judge by their past and their present- men have never been truly free- there have always been rules- it's the draconian and mind reading rules that deter freedom the most and those will exist as long as society allows them and based on what's happening now most people approve of them- very few respect "rights" of the Individual and nearly all people are disrespectful- laws won't change that, only example will- the example most common today, by authoritarians is; comply or die- that is hardly freedom, or respectful

Are you scared of liberty? Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
Lol, no.

You said you would "make a move".

What are you gonna attack? Tell us all about it.

(We know you won't really do it, lol)

What exactly did our ancestors fight and die for?

we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
Every generation does that anyway- one constant in life is change- best, better etc are perceived and subjective- kids adapt better than older people and since they don't (and can't) see what older people do they will learn their way- they may or may not be wistful about a past- they will judge by their past and their present- men have never been truly free- there have always been rules- it's the draconian and mind reading rules that deter freedom the most and those will exist as long as society allows them and based on what's happening now most people approve of them- very few respect "rights" of the Individual and nearly all people are disrespectful- laws won't change that, only example will- the example most common today, by authoritarians is; comply or die- that is hardly freedom, or respectful
Any examples of change you are taking about?

Lol, no.

You said you would "make a move".

What are you gonna attack? Tell us all about it.

(We know you won't really do it, lol)
I’m going to attack polices destroying my city

Any examples of change you are taking about?
It's kind of like riding a Harley- if an explanation is needed you wouldn't understand- when YOU are complaining about the changes you don't like I don't see how you can ask for examples-

Forum List

Back