American Delta Force Raided ISIS Prison After Word Leaked That Executions Were Imminent

blackhawk2415

Rookie
Jun 18, 2015
The operation marked the first known instance of American service members battling ISIS fighters on the ground in Iraq under President Obama's new mission to "train and advise" local forces against the terror group.

To summarize the article real quick, in short the US got intel that ISIS was planning to execute some hostages in a nearby prison. So in coordination with some Kurdish commandos, they raided the prison and rescued said hostages, suffering 1 US casualty.

It appears that more similar missions like this one will be under way in the future. Personally, I'm not a big fan of putting our troops in harms way. There's another interesting article about how ISIS gets most of their funding from selling crude oil from captured oil fields (Here: How Isis makes its money)

I think it will be much more effect to re-capture some of these fields (which are poorly guarded by ISIS) and disabling some of its core components to prevent them from working. No money = No ISIS.

Props on the rescue and sincere condolences to Master Sgt. Joshua Wheeler, who died in the line of combat, for his sacrifice.

[Source] [Where I Get My Articles]

They didn't know for sure who they were trying to rescue. Turns out some of the rescued were ISIS members deemed traitors by ISIS. Clusterf'd military controlled by a deranged Democrap administration.

Forum List

Back