America is ‘flying blind’ to the coronavirus mutations

No point in making ridiculous partisan comments like “Slow Joe must be sleeping at the wheel” considering his team has been in power for just over a week.

But the issue is important and it goes to show the seriousness of fighting new viral epidemics and not waiting for “herd immunity” to naturally end them, as some here have preached.

Every month that passes, as the virus spreads more widely, allows for the possibility of new mutations, and in theory it is possible that a new strain could not just spread more quickly and be resistant to present vaccines, but it could also become more fatal. Imagine if a new Covid strain attacked young people as severely as it does old ones!

Anyway, things aren’t that serious now, and probably Covid-19 will never become such a threat. But we shouldn’t forget that all our soldiers & nuclear weapons couldn’t defend us from this new pathogen! We must work hard, and with the rest of the world, to increase our defenses against such threats!
Right! And since the new "vaccines" don't prevent infection or transmission, what in hell are we going to do?
If we werent behind the eightball we could be using the genetic sequencing to come up with vaccines that will stop the virus.
Well then it wouldn't really be a vaccine as people understand them, would it?

I'm pretty sure that's what the mrna "vaccines" are. They aren't really vaccines in a conventional sense
They still work like traditional vaccines. They just have the benefit of not having any of the real virus in them.

No they really don't

And the reason we don't have cold vaccines like we do flu vaccines is because historically they just end up getting much worse outcomes from animals when we test it on when they're exposed to the virus the second time.

So be careful people.
No point in making ridiculous partisan comments like “Slow Joe must be sleeping at the wheel” considering his team has been in power for just over a week.

But the issue is important and it goes to show the seriousness of fighting new viral epidemics and not waiting for “herd immunity” to naturally end them, as some here have preached.

Every month that passes, as the virus spreads more widely, allows for the possibility of new mutations, and in theory it is possible that a new strain could not just spread more quickly and be resistant to present vaccines, but it could also become more fatal. Imagine if a new Covid strain attacked young people as severely as it does old ones!

Anyway, things aren’t that serious now, and probably Covid-19 will never become such a threat. But we shouldn’t forget that all our soldiers & nuclear weapons couldn’t defend us from this new pathogen! We must work hard, and with the rest of the world, to increase our defenses against such threats!
Right! And since the new "vaccines" don't prevent infection or transmission, what in hell are we going to do?
If we werent behind the eightball we could be using the genetic sequencing to come up with vaccines that will stop the virus.

I'm pretty sure that's what the mrna "vaccines" are. They aren't really vaccines in a conventional sense
No, they're not . . .

What do you think they are? Because that's what they are

It's a genetically engineered "vaccine"

Is it a vaccine or isn't it?

in the conventional sense? no

what the fuck are you talking about? lol
Yes they do.

The new vaccines replicate the protein key of the virus which is used to unlock the door to your cells and allow the virus to penetrate and infect you. The traditional vaccines do almost the same thing except they use a dead piece of the real virus to trigger your body into building antigens.

The cold and flu mutates every season so they have to guess which way it will mutate. That guess seems to be pretty good with the flu but not so much with the cold. Thats why we have to keep getting a flu shot. If the cold was serious enough we would be getting a shot for that too.

There are all sorts of nuances there, we do not have a full understanding of how vaccines work and why some are easy to implement and others are not.

Otherwise we'd have all sorts of cold vaccines being sold to us every year

Even if they did work the same, like i said cold vaccines do not have a good history. So in this case pray it doesn't work the same.

I don't see how you could possibly imagine injecting yourself with ultra cold genetic sequencing is the same as a conventional vaccine but ok sure you do you. Also doesn't explain why the mrna claims to be more effective than the conventional astra zeneca from britain.
" So in this case pray it doesn't work the same. "

It works exactly the same. What we better pray is that Covid doesn't become more lethal as well as transmittable. That protein key may get better at unlocking the cells as it mutates.

They're COLDS DUDE. IT'S CONSTANTLY SHIFTING

HAVE YOU NOT REALIZED?

THIS WILL NEVER END AND HAS BEEN WITH US SINCE WE WERE BORN

god damn

Should be so clear with new strains and new variants. What you all reacted to was just a slightly worse cold than usual, that was all. Nothing will change from here on out. We go on about our fucking business.

only difference is now they're marking the specific strain of cold on medical charts as opposed to just writing "cold" or "viral pneumonia"
Yes I already said the cold constantly mutates. Covid-19 is more like the cold than the flu except it not only kills more people we dont know what it does to you long term. True this may never end but at least we can keep one step behind or best case scenario one step ahead. Right now we are about 20 steps behind because of Dumps fuckup.

We don't know what any of the colds do, any of the strains

It's always been that way

Very similar risk profiles.

Had we been PCR testing for all of them you would probably see similar numbers dying with teh virus. Because that's all the positive PCR test means.

And the talk of heart problems is all anecdotal and correlation. Nothing substantive there.

A minuscule % of the population dying is bad, doubling is bad. But it's still minuscule.

To continue on like this is absurd. Just paying big pharma for nothing.
I've had colds before and they are nothing compared to Covid. I think I caught it back in Nov of 2019. Luckily I keep to myself when I get sick so I didnt visit anyone. I'm normally in excellent health. I still run double court with 20 year olds. This put me on my ass. I couldnt walk 10 steps without getting winded. Lasted for 2 weeks and then was gone like it never happened. I would hate to think what it would do to someone that wasnt in top physical condition. I said all that to say this isnt just a bad cold. You dont overrun hospitals with bad colds.

Colds escalate, there is no "this one is worse based on my personal experience"

There si only "this one was worse for me"

If you didn't have pneumonia it wasn't that bad. All colds can cause pneumonia.

Tens of thousands die to it every year. But generally those again are the immuno compromised, babies , and the elderly.

It's much more just spreading quickly than it is particularly deadly.
" If you didn't have pneumonia it wasn't that bad. All colds can cause pneumonia. "

This was nothing like a cold. I couldnt get enough oxygen. Nothing was clogging up. No mucus. Just felt like I had run two marathons for every step i took.

Yea that's pneumonia

lol

very normal escalation of a cold, very unlikely to die without medical malpractice if you're middle aged and vaguely healthy otherwise. Literal fluid in your lungs.

For whatever reason you just didn't have sinus reactions.

If waht you're describing is just lethargy...Well who cares quit whining
You keep saying escalation of a cold. I never had a cold. It came one day and persisted for about 2 weeks and was gone. Never had any cold symptoms the entire time. I was just winded. Literally the day after it stopped i was out playing basketball again.

Covid 19 is a cold. So if you had covid you had a cold

All corona viruses are labeled "cold" on medical charts. Or if your symptoms are really bad pneumonia

There is no magical covid lethargy that's bullshit lol

More like quarantine lethargy. lack of sun lethargy

They still work like traditional vaccines. They just have the benefit of not having any of the real virus in them.

No they really don't

And the reason we don't have cold vaccines like we do flu vaccines is because historically they just end up getting much worse outcomes from animals when we test it on when they're exposed to the virus the second time.

So be careful people.

No, they're not . . .

Yes they do.

The new vaccines replicate the protein key of the virus which is used to unlock the door to your cells and allow the virus to penetrate and infect you. The traditional vaccines do almost the same thing except they use a dead piece of the real virus to trigger your body into building antigens.

The cold and flu mutates every season so they have to guess which way it will mutate. That guess seems to be pretty good with the flu but not so much with the cold. Thats why we have to keep getting a flu shot. If the cold was serious enough we would be getting a shot for that too.

There are all sorts of nuances there, we do not have a full understanding of how vaccines work and why some are easy to implement and others are not.

Even if they did work the same, like i said cold vaccines do not have a good history. So in this case pray it doesn't work the same.

I don't see how you could possibly imagine injecting yourself with ultra cold genetic sequencing is the same as a conventional vaccine but ok sure you do you. Also doesn't explain why the mrna claims to be more effective than the conventional astra zeneca from britain.

It works exactly the same. What we better pray is that Covid doesn't become more lethal as well as transmittable. That protein key may get better at unlocking the cells as it mutates.

HAVE YOU NOT REALIZED?

god damn

Should be so clear with new strains and new variants. What you all reacted to was just a slightly worse cold than usual, that was all. Nothing will change from here on out. We go on about our fucking business.

only difference is now they're marking the specific strain of cold on medical charts as opposed to just writing "cold" or "viral pneumonia"
Yes I already said the cold constantly mutates. Covid-19 is more like the cold than the flu except it not only kills more people we dont know what it does to you long term. True this may never end but at least we can keep one step behind or best case scenario one step ahead. Right now we are about 20 steps behind because of Dumps fuckup.

Had we been PCR testing for all of them you would probably see similar numbers dying with teh virus. Because that's all the positive PCR test means.

And the talk of heart problems is all anecdotal and correlation. Nothing substantive there.

A minuscule % of the population dying is bad, doubling is bad. But it's still minuscule.

I've had colds before and they are nothing compared to Covid. I think I caught it back in Nov of 2019. Luckily I keep to myself when I get sick so I didnt visit anyone. I'm normally in excellent health. I still run double court with 20 year olds. This put me on my ass. I couldnt walk 10 steps without getting winded. Lasted for 2 weeks and then was gone like it never happened. I would hate to think what it would do to someone that wasnt in top physical condition. I said all that to say this isnt just a bad cold. You dont overrun hospitals with bad colds.
The millions of idiots across America, like those on these message boards will never be convinced until the lay dying from COVID. Even then, it's 50/50 whether the idiots will believe the disease exists.

I saw something on the news that validates that point. There was a nurse that was talking about how Dump supporters would be on their last breath and about to die and still claiming it was all a hoax.
There, again, the total effectiveness of the "Big Lie", but that's another thread.

No they really don't

So be careful people.

No, they're not . . .

Yes they do.

HAVE YOU NOT REALIZED?

god damn

The millions of idiots across America, like those on these message boards will never be convinced until the lay dying from COVID. Even then, it's 50/50 whether the idiots will believe the disease exists.

I saw something on the news that validates that point. There was a nurse that was talking about how Dump supporters would be on their last breath and about to die and still claiming it was all a hoax.
There, again, the total effectiveness of the "Big Lie", but that's another thread.

You took gen eds for a reason

A PCR test can be positive just from some one literally farting on it with covid if you cycle it enough. lol

The irony of people saying "trust the science" who have never engaged with or been good at science in their lives.

They are marking people down who died asymptomatic as covid deaths. What the fuck is wrong with you? Combine that with the ridiculous ~35 cycles we're doing on these PCR tests. Those numbers are worthless.

First you suggest we all get a vaccine you yourself recognize is too dangerous for you to get. And then you try to imply with your no doubt pitiable education that you know better than me?

lol

Only number that counts is the pneumonia deaths. Those are a true reflection of the death toll....Or a pretty close approximation relative to teh other numbers the CDC provides. Doctors haven't gone so insane as to start calling pneumonia "covid water lung" or something.

No they really don't

So be careful people.

No, they're not . . .

Yes they do.

HAVE YOU NOT REALIZED?

god damn

Tens of thousands die to it every year. But generally those again are the immuno compromised, babies , and the elderly.

" If you didn't have pneumonia it wasn't that bad. All colds can cause pneumonia. "

This was nothing like a cold. I couldnt get enough oxygen. Nothing was clogging up. No mucus. Just felt like I had run two marathons for every step i took.

Yea that's pneumonia

lol

very normal escalation of a cold, very unlikely to die without medical malpractice if you're middle aged and vaguely healthy otherwise. Literal fluid in your lungs.

You keep saying escalation of a cold. I never had a cold. It came one day and persisted for about 2 weeks and was gone. Never had any cold symptoms the entire time. I was just winded. Literally the day after it stopped i was out playing basketball again.

All corona viruses are labeled "cold" on medical charts. Or if your symptoms are really bad pneumonia

This was no lethargy. This was about a month before the news broke about Covid 19 so there was no quarantine. Like I said, I am very grateful I keep to myself when I get sick which is very rare. This actually scared me because I felt at times I was going to die. I've never had pneumonia but I'm betting this was worse than that.

No they really don't

So be careful people.

No, they're not . . .

Yes they do.

HAVE YOU NOT REALIZED?

god damn

Yea that's pneumonia

lol

This was no lethargy. This was about a month before the news broke about Covid 19 so there was no quarantine. Like I said, I am very grateful I keep to myself when I get sick which is very rare. This actually scared me because I felt at times I was going to die. I've never had pneumonia but I'm betting this was worse than that.

Then you're just bullshitting and you have no idea what it was

If you're not a woman you need to get a grip on yourself lol

That is some becky shit right there

No they really don't

So be careful people.

No, they're not . . .

Yes they do.

HAVE YOU NOT REALIZED?

god damn

Yea that's pneumonia

lol

It's unfortunate all idiots like you cannot contract this current "cold". Then, upon your quick and complete recovery, show the people of the world that have suffered with the disease that their permanently damaged organs, other life-long effects, and deaths are just hypochondria.

No they really don't

So be careful people.

No, they're not . . .

Yes they do.

HAVE YOU NOT REALIZED?

god damn

Yea that's pneumonia

lol

It's unfortunate all idiots like you cannot contract this current "cold". Then, upon your quick and complete recovery, show the people of the world that have suffered with the disease that their permanently damaged organs, other life-long effects, and deaths are just hypochondria.

Yea colds kill tens of thousands of AMericans a year

Every year

Get over it, welcome to being a part of humanity. We die a lot

Ever so slightly more death to a random low mortality rate virus is not a concern.

If you don't feel safe now you shouldn't have felt safe before nor should you feel safe in teh future. Risk profile has barely changed at all

Like i said i have asthma. I have had pneumonia 4 times. I was aware this was a possibility before 2020. And am aware it will be a possibility in 2030 assuming i'm still around

All you fucking plebs so shocked by something so banal....

No they really don't

So be careful people.

No, they're not . . .

Yes they do.

HAVE YOU NOT REALIZED?

god damn

Yea that's pneumonia

lol

Thats why I said I believe I had it. initially I thought something was wrong with my heart. A cold or pneumonia never occurred to me. Zero mucus. My heart was fine though. Right at 50 per minute as usual. So if it wasnt Covid I dont know what it was but it definitely wasnt a cold or pneumonia. I've seen people with pneumonia and I didnt have the same symptoms.

No they really don't

So be careful people.

No, they're not . . .

Yes they do.

HAVE YOU NOT REALIZED?

god damn

Yea that's pneumonia

lol

Thats why I said I believe I had it. initially I thought something was wrong with my heart. A cold or pneumonia never occurred to me. Zero mucus. My heart was fine though. Right at 50 per minute as usual. So if it wasnt Covid I dont know what it was but it definitely wasnt a cold or pneumonia. I've seen people with pneumonia and I didnt have the same symptoms.

yea that's not the rona bud

you should go to your doctor if you feel you have a heart problem, because it sounds more likely than the rona

heart problems can be intermittent, and are much more likely to end you.

There is no real evidence there is any correlation between rona and heart problems. Do not buy that hype

No they really don't

So be careful people.

No, they're not . . .

Yes they do.

HAVE YOU NOT REALIZED?

god damn

Yea that's pneumonia

lol

It's impossible to explain to these right-wing, self-proclaimed experts of everything, any facts, that contradict their superior knowledge of everything.

This thread is a perfect example.

Good night.

No they really don't

So be careful people.

No, they're not . . .

Yes they do.

HAVE YOU NOT REALIZED?

god damn

Yea that's pneumonia

lol

It's impossible to explain to these right-wing, self-proclaimed experts of everything, any facts, that contradict their superior knowledge of everything.

This thread is a perfect example.

Good night.

I told you i'm an independent

also i'm half south asian you're just some uneducated white pleb

standpoint theory says you should just the fuck up and grovel before me anyway. As a good lefty. Granted you are probably a low born one so you probably don't even know how to respect your melinated* betters.

hahaha

white liberals talking big to me always makes me giddy. you would never dare in person

No they really don't

So be careful people.

No, they're not . . .

Yes they do.

HAVE YOU NOT REALIZED?

god damn

Yea that's pneumonia

lol

you should go to your doctor if you feel you have a heart problem, because it sounds more likely than the rona

There is no real evidence there is any correlation between rona and heart problems. Do not buy that hype
How do you know thats not the Rona?
It wasnt my heart like I just said. My heart is consistently 50 bps and that never changed. Had a checkup last March and I have the heart of a 20 year old. Whatever it was interfered with my ability to extract oxygen which made me really tired for 2 weeks. Sounds exactly like the Rona to me.

No they really don't

So be careful people.

No, they're not . . .

Yes they do.

HAVE YOU NOT REALIZED?

god damn

Yea that's pneumonia

lol

It wasnt my heart like I just said. My heart is consistently 50 bps and that never changed. Had a checkup last March and I have the heart of a 20 year old. Whatever it was interfered with my ability to extract oxygen which made me really tired for 2 weeks. Sounds exactly like the Rona to me.

Because the only symptom you have is a fucking heart problem

Lethargy is just part of life welcome to getting old

If you really can't breathe then you do have cold symptoms. Pick one

You can't just magically lose the ability to oxygenate, it requires a physical reaction in your lungs. Almost always pneumonia. Anything else is....Circulation and your heart

No they really don't

So be careful people.

No, they're not . . .

Yes they do.

HAVE YOU NOT REALIZED?

god damn

Yea that's pneumonia

lol

Just told you it wasnt my heart. It was my lungs.
I didnt say I couldnt breath. I said I couldnt get oxygen from the air I was breathing. I wasnt stuffed up or something. I could breath like normal but it was like very little oxygen was being exchanged.

The technical term is dyspnea which is a hallmark symptom of the Rona.

No they really don't

So be careful people.

No, they're not . . .

Yes they do.

HAVE YOU NOT REALIZED?

god damn

Yea that's pneumonia

lol

Just told you it wasnt my heart. It was my lungs.
I didnt say I couldnt breath. I said I couldnt get oxygen from the air I was breathing. I wasnt stuffed up or something. I could breath like normal but it was like very little oxygen was being exchanged.

The technical term is dyspnea which is a hallmark symptom of the Rona.

STop saying you know, you don't know

You jsut felt some shit and are now relaying it online like some becky

You're 20 move more

"it was the rona oh my god let me relay my probably not rona story"

It's been a year time to drop that shit. Next time you believe your lungs aren't oxygenating (you can't feel that if there are no problems with your lungs) go to the hospital so they can tell you what's wrong with you. Retroactively diagnosing rona is absurd

This is all Biden's fault now, it's just how shit works and Demonicrats set that tone.

Perhaps when PROGS developed this with Chinese assistance they didn't account for mutations. Then again they may just desire a reduction in population is all, so it doesn't matter. That said, does anyone die of "the flu" anymore?

Forum List

Back