Amazon's home security company is turning everyone into cops

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Neighbors is not just a social media app: it’s a service that’s meant to be used with Ring security cameras, a Wi-Fi-powered home security company that was acquired by Amazon last February in a $1 billion deal. Neighbors was launched in May 2018, three months after the acquisition. If you have Ring security cameras, you can upload video content straight from your security camera to Neighbors. And if you download Neighbors and invite a friend to join the app, both you and your friend get $10 off Ring security products—which include doorbell video cameras, floodlight video cameras, and in-home security cameras.

Beyond creating a "new neighborhood watch," Amazon and Ring are normalizing the use of video surveillance and pitting neighbors against each other. Chris Gilliard, a professor of English at Macomb Community College who studies institutional tech policy, told Motherboard in a phone call that such a “crime and safety” focused platforms can actively reinforces racism.

READ MORE...

Amazon’s Home Security Company Is Turning Everyone Into Cops

---------------------------------------------------------

It's so subliminal the sheep never know it how their indoctrination works, took place, and or occurs.

Neighborhood watch has been nothing but a " snitch on your neighbor indoctrination program". That's not to say don't call someone if you see a break in next store etc. But, leftist esp. get off on peeking out that window spying across the street ready to call the cops any second they love gawking.

Oh and by the way you won't ever catch me being some snitch azz loser.

• Banned
upload_2019-2-7_23-2-20.png

Turning Americans into Snitches for the Police State: ‘See Something, Say Something’ and Community P

Sooooo...... My doorbell is putting me against my neighbors?

Lemme guess, Alex Jones again?

Forum List

Back