Amazon - is your local hardware store

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I am beyond tired of having to order what you need from Amazon, because you can't get it anywhere else.
I go to Lowes for some sump pump hose as a back up for what I have now. (I can explain why, but no need... I just need the hose)
They are out. No date on when they will get any. ... Sigh.
Okay so, I will get from friggin Walmart then... oh wait... they don't have any either. WTF??
Get back home... Amazon... they have plenty...20 choices where to buy from even.

Jesus Christ.
Idiocracy is once again coming true.

Yes.

I was in retail for many years after high school, and I learned lots of their subterfuges, tricks, and evil schemes.

One of which, is to buy out the suppliers' so no other businesses can get stock from them.
Another is to have the supplier sign a 5-10 year exclusive contract where they only provide to you and no other business that sell the same wares you do.
Another is to bribe politicians to "restrict" certain overseas shippers so they can only supply your competition with limited amounts of stock, while you get the bulk of it.

There are many more underhanded, corrupt, and unethical schemes like this.........but you get the gist of whats going on.

I find it funny that Amazon has gotten to the point where it can out scheme HellMart!!!

I stopped shopping HellMart when Sam Walton died. It is rare I go there anymore......only to get something I cannot find anywhere else.

Same thing with Amazon. I don't shop on there, unless I can't find it anywhere else.

I'd rather pay twice the price at a mom and pop shop, than to have to get it from HellMart or Amazon.

Luckily, working in the retail industry for so long, and learning a LOT of their "secrets", has given me the ability to become one super-muthafreeking super shopper!!! I get a lot of stuff for half the price my friends pay for the same thing. Because I've learned HOW to shop.

But sometimes, when an emergency comes along..........you have to deal with the Devil. Fortunately for me, it is extremely rare!!!!

I have been saying for at least 15 years modern corporatism and investor-driven markets are the enemy.
The central banks/investor firms and $billionaire investors are gradually eroding everything we know to enrich themselves.
And all we do is throw rocks at each other about Democrats vs. Republicans.
Meanwhile- they just keep taking over everything with no regard to borders and no loyalty to anything except their bank accounts.

I have been saying for at least 15 years modern corporatism and investor-driven markets are the enemy.
The central banks/investor firms and $billionaire investors are gradually eroding everything we know to enrich themselves.
And all we do is throw rocks at each other about Democrats vs. Republicans.
Meanwhile- they just keep taking over everything with no regard to borders and no loyalty to anything except their bank accounts.

And thats what I've been preaching since the 1980's, and I get laughed at every single time.

Yes.

I was in retail for many years after high school, and I learned lots of their subterfuges, tricks, and evil schemes.

One of which, is to buy out the suppliers' so no other businesses can get stock from them.
Another is to have the supplier sign a 5-10 year exclusive contract where they only provide to you and no other business that sell the same wares you do.
Another is to bribe politicians to "restrict" certain overseas shippers so they can only supply your competition with limited amounts of stock, while you get the bulk of it.

There are many more underhanded, corrupt, and unethical schemes like this.........but you get the gist of whats going on.

I find it funny that Amazon has gotten to the point where it can out scheme HellMart!!!

I stopped shopping HellMart when Sam Walton died. It is rare I go there anymore......only to get something I cannot find anywhere else.

Same thing with Amazon. I don't shop on there, unless I can't find it anywhere else.

I'd rather pay twice the price at a mom and pop shop, than to have to get it from HellMart or Amazon.

Luckily, working in the retail industry for so long, and learning a LOT of their "secrets", has given me the ability to become one super-muthafreeking super shopper!!! I get a lot of stuff for half the price my friends pay for the same thing. Because I've learned HOW to shop.

But sometimes, when an emergency comes along..........you have to deal with the Devil. Fortunately for me, it is extremely rare!!!!

You should write a book!

You should write a book!

I started one in 2019, then COVID HIT.
It's not specifically geared towards this kind of thing, but it does deal with corporate management and corporate scams/schemes.

COVID shifted a lot of things I was writing about, so now I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate that, without having to rewrite half the book.

I started one in 2019, then COVID HIT.
It's not specifically geared towards this kind of thing, but it does deal with corporate management and corporate scams/schemes.

COVID shifted a lot of things I was writing about, so now I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate that, without having to rewrite half the book.
Covid sped it up.
The eventual goal is to shift as much "non investable" property into investable property as possible.
A locally owned business is not investable. Almost all of the profits and revenue stays within a few miles of it's location.
The investor class can't sift any money from it. So their goal is to end local ownership and replace it with centrally owned, investable properties.
Of course they are succeeding rapidly.
Take the paper industry.
Since 1995 - over 65,000 full time jobs in milling paper disappeared in America. Not because people use less paper, but almost everyone of them were locally owned and were bought up, some merged together, others were closed and sold the assets to make way for Chinese mills that can produce it cheaper. The investor class has no loyalties. They couldn't give a rats ass about the 65,000 jobs gone. They only care about making money off of the market. However they can. And that always means... manufacturing it as cheaply as possible. China is now the largest paper manufacturer in the world. America is second. We use to totally dominate this market.

Forum List

Back