Alvin Bragg's End Run Around the Constitution

This clown and Dems will get laughed out of court. Already they screwed the pooch, Trump will blast this blatant abuse of power 24/7 during the campaign.
Don't be so sure. The way everything is bassackwards in this country today, nothing should surprise us.

21 Mar 2023 ~~ By Don Brown

Another Soros-funded Democrat prosecutor takes aim at President Donald Trump.
Fearing they cannot legitimately beat him at the ballot box, they resort to open, politically motivated lawfare to keep him out of office.
We’ve endured four years of Mueller's failed "Russia Gate" hoax, two failed, politically driven impeachment trials from radical House Democrats in Congress driven by Nancy Pelosi, not to mention the highly-partisan “January 6” Committee that failed to call a single witness adverse to their pre-cooked “it-was-an-insurrection” narrative, and a host of other Trump-related political prosecutions.
But now, this weekend's announcement from President Trump that he expects to be indicted on Tuesday in Manhattan forecasts the most radical tactic yet that the Democrats will use to block Trump's return to power: lawfare with unfounded charges in the criminal courts.
Let’s be clear. The feds have already declined to prosecute anything surrounding Trump's civil settlement with Stormy Daniels. Perhaps that is because confidentiality clauses are part of millions of civil settlements in lawsuits around the country every day. I’ve seen hundreds in my own career as a civil litigator.
In other words, nothing to see here.
~Snip~
Said Dershowitz, “When I was coming of age in the 1950s Southern prosecutors would target civil rights workers and search for any possible violation of the law, no matter how technical. If they discovered or invented a violation, they would indict, prosecute, convict and sentence the target… That, precisely, is what we are now seeing with the Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg, targeting the former president and current candidate, Donald Trump.”
Georgetown constitutional law professor Jonathan Turley, also a Democrat and also a political opponent of the president, says that Bragg is “outside of his lane,” for trying to concoct a federal crime against Pres. Trump that the feds already declined to prosecute.
Professors Dershowitz and Turley are both dead on.
~Snip~
Constitutionally, not even a Bragg-manufactured “felony conviction” can stop Trump from serving again. But that won’t stop the Left from fighting to keep Trump off the ballots in these states. Why should the Constitution stand in their way?
Thus, if Bragg’s felony conviction scheme succeeds, a likelihood considering no Republican, and especially not Trump, can get a fair trial in New Woke City, the Trump campaign should sue in federal court in each of these states, for declaratory judgment. Trump should argue that no state law, and no federal law, if one existed, can block him from seeking the presidency, or appearing on the ballot, regardless of Democrat Bragg’s lawfare strategy currently underway in the criminal courts in Manhattan.
State legislatures must rein in out-of-control political prostitute prosecutors like Alvin Bragg, who abuse their offices to advance a political end-game. In the meantime, rest assured that the Constitution will not allow him to succeed in the scheme.

Commentary:
According to Johnathan Turley, in NYC what Trump did is a misdemeanor and has a two year statue of limitation with it. Bragg is trying to use a federal law which has a seven year limitation on it but he cannot prosecute a federal law in NYC. He is trying to make his NYC crime somehow part of a federal crime. The feds looked at this crime and threw it out because they knew it wasn't a good suit. There is no precedent for this and it most likely will be thrown out by an honest judge.
The goal of Maoist Democrats is to never allow this man to be in a position of power again, not even a crossing guard. Their lies and attempts to convict Trump of something, anything has failed miserably.
So, no arrest warrant issued yet, Frustrating Maoist DSA Democrats:

Fp1UenkXgAQMEbu.jpg

Trump is the biggest threat to establishment politics than there has ever been. That is why they are trying so hard to destroy him. The swamp is bigger than even Trump himself ever imagined. It has the power of a black hole.

You must be young.
Holder said his job was to cover up for Obama and prosecute Republicans.
No he didn’t.

That’s what you interpreted him as saying, but you’re a biased partisan, so not all that credible.

No he didn’t.
That’s what you interpreted him as saying, but you’re a biased partisan, so not all that credible.
"Then-Attorney General Eric Holder acted as President Barack Obama’s “wingman,” creating a highly politicized Justice Department that would steer investigations away from Democratic allies, including Hillary Clinton, and onto GOP foes such as President Trump, according to a successor."

"Then-Attorney General Eric Holder acted as President Barack Obama’s “wingman,” creating a highly politicized Justice Department that would steer investigations away from Democratic allies, including Hillary Clinton, and onto GOP foes such as President Trump, according to a successor."
Matthew Whittaker? You couldn’t have picked a worse person to criticize politicization of justice.

Whittaker was barely a “successor” especially given how he was most likely unconstitutionally serving as acting AG who was catapulted to that position specifically because he defended Trump in the media.

Fearing they cannot legitimately beat him at the ballot box, they resort to open, politically motivated lawfare to keep him out of office.
We’ve endured four years of Mueller's failed "Russia Gate" hoax, two failed, politically driven impeachment trials from radical House Democrats in Congress driven by Nancy Pelosi, not to mention the highly-partisan “January 6” Committee that failed to call a single witness adverse to their pre-cooked “it-was-an-insurrection” narrative, and a host of other Trump-related political prosecutions.
But now, this weekend's announcement from President Trump that he expects to be indicted on Tuesday in Manhattan forecasts the most radical tactic yet that the Democrats will use to block Trump's return to power: lawfare with unfounded charges in the criminal courts.
Let’s be clear. The feds have already declined to prosecute anything surrounding Trump's civil settlement with Stormy Daniels. Perhaps that is because confidentiality clauses are part of millions of civil settlements in lawsuits around the country every day. I’ve seen hundreds in my own career as a civil litigator.
~Snip~
Said Dershowitz, “When I was coming of age in the 1950s Southern prosecutors would target civil rights workers and search for any possible violation of the law, no matter how technical. If they discovered or invented a violation, they would indict, prosecute, convict and sentence the target… That, precisely, is what we are now seeing with the Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg, targeting the former president and current candidate, Donald Trump.”
Georgetown constitutional law professor Jonathan Turley, also a Democrat and also a political opponent of the president, says that Bragg is “outside of his lane,” for trying to concoct a federal crime against Pres. Trump that the feds already declined to prosecute.
~Snip~
Constitutionally, not even a Bragg-manufactured “felony conviction” can stop Trump from serving again. But that won’t stop the Left from fighting to keep Trump off the ballots in these states. Why should the Constitution stand in their way?
Thus, if Bragg’s felony conviction scheme succeeds, a likelihood considering no Republican, and especially not Trump, can get a fair trial in New Woke City, the Trump campaign should sue in federal court in each of these states, for declaratory judgment. Trump should argue that no state law, and no federal law, if one existed, can block him from seeking the presidency, or appearing on the ballot, regardless of Democrat Bragg’s lawfare strategy currently underway in the criminal courts in Manhattan.
State legislatures must rein in out-of-control political prostitute prosecutors like Alvin Bragg, who abuse their offices to advance a political end-game. In the meantime, rest assured that the Constitution will not allow him to succeed in the scheme.

Commentary:
According to Johnathan Turley, in NYC what Trump did is a misdemeanor and has a two year statue of limitation with it. Bragg is trying to use a federal law which has a seven year limitation on it but he cannot prosecute a federal law in NYC. He is trying to make his NYC crime somehow part of a federal crime. The feds looked at this crime and threw it out because they knew it wasn't a good suit. There is no precedent for this and it most likely will be thrown out by an honest judge.
The goal of Maoist Democrats is to never allow this man to be in a position of power again, not even a crossing guard. Their lies and attempts to convict Trump of something, anything has failed miserably.

Fp1UenkXgAQMEbu.jpg

Well this is an interesting take. People are routinely tried in Federal and State Court for the same criminal activity. A President can’t pardon a State Prisoner. He has no authority over State Prisoners. A part of our separation of powers.

But now the premise is that if One has looked at it, then no one else may.

To make sure I understand your point. Let’s say that a mob forms outside Mar A Lago. They break in and murder Trump. Federal Prosecutors decline to charge the mob. Does that mean that Florida can’t prosecute the mob?

I love the extreme right. They come up with novel legal theories. Unique interpretation of laws that actual participants in the field say is wrong. We saw this time and again in the McMichaels trial, the Chauvin Trial. And I love it when the RW swears there is evidence. They never manage to produce the evidence.

Now. That being said. I don’t see anything but a hung jury as an outcome for any of the crimes that Trump is alleged to have committed.

My reason is people. I honestly don’t think you can put together twelve people without one of them being a die hard Trump Sycophant. That individual would not convict if they had video and audio evidence of Trump doing everything he was accused of. By the same token, one of the Jurors will be a Trump hater. And they won’t acquit if God Himself wrote Not Guilty on the wall.

My reasons don’t have anything to do with if Trump did it or not. I don’t know. Nobody outside of a few people do. Nobody posting on this message board knows.

I’ve said this before. I voted for Trump in 16. I sat out the election in 20. I refused to pretend that one of the steaming piles of shit was in anyway superior to the other steaming pile of shit. And don’t go pretending your guy is better than the other. Your guy, whichever one it is, is a steaming pile of shit. Both of them are roughly as popular as Jock Itch. A majority of Americans want any other two candidates in the next election.

Link? Never heard him say that, ever???
~~~~~~
Really?
**********​

~Snip~
~Snip~

Commentary:

Fp1UenkXgAQMEbu.jpg

The thread premise is a lie.

~Snip~
~Snip~

Commentary:

Fp1UenkXgAQMEbu.jpg

TL;DR. Snowflake!

Lol! Bragg has not had an end run around anything.
The OP presented legal opinions from legal experts with a lengthy exposure to the law. You just made a blanket declaration with no backing whatsoever. Does your legal acumen exceed that of the lawyers cited in the OP?

lol. sure. I will get right on it. as soon as you present something worthy, cuckold.
Your beef is with the lawyers, not me. I just drew everyone's attention to the fact that you're complaining about the source that quoted them, which is totally irrelevant.

Oh, and I almost forgot, that was so adorably infantile to try to make it about me. It's almost as if you don't have any substance to your argument, and knowing that, attempted to divert into something totally irrelevant.

Forum List

Back