Almost 102

WillPower

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2018
I woke up Saturday morning feeling sweaty with a headache and aching muscles in my shoulders....oh oh. So I grabbed my thermometer and stuck it under my tongue for about 10 minutes....almost 102. DAMN! Now what? So I slammed two 500mg Tylenol and pondered my demise. Since I'm in the target age group the China Virus enjoys killing, I called my banker at home and told him my final wishes should I kick the bucket. He suggested I go to the nearest ER but I figured if there was a place I'd most likely contract the killer, an ER would be it. Two more temp checks and the mercury didn't move. I left the device on the bathroom sink and later in the day picked it up again...still almost 102. WAIT A MINUTE! The Tylenol had worn off. I keep my home a comfortable 75 degrees so how could my bathroom be almost 30 degrees hotter? And then it dawned on me.....I never shook the damn thing to get the mercury to return to it's baseline. It had been sitting at 102 for almost 2 years....the last time I had the flu. So I gave it a hard shake. And then another. After 4 or 5 hard shakes it was back under 96. Stuck it under my tongue for ten minutes and....

99. Boy was my face red. :oops8:

• Banned
Well something must be going on if you woke up achy and sweaty.....unless you were having one heckuva dream.

I have to use a 6" thick foam pad instead of a mattress due to old injuries....it's pretty much shot. If I sleep more than 5 hours my back and shoulders feel like I just wrestled Jesse Ventura. The place I got new ones every few years went out of business. So that explains the aches....and yeah, I may have had an encounter with a young Claudia Cardinale in my dream. :lol:

e3693826e5e0eff0b691a2c3448c309e.jpg

I woke up Saturday morning feeling sweaty with a headache and aching muscles in my shoulders....oh oh. So I grabbed my thermometer and stuck it under my tongue for about 10 minutes....almost 102. DAMN! Now what? So I slammed two 500mg Tylenol and pondered my demise. Since I'm in the target age group the China Virus enjoys killing, I called my banker at home and told him my final wishes should I kick the bucket. He suggested I go to the nearest ER but I figured if there was a place I'd most likely contract the killer, an ER would be it. Two more temp checks and the mercury didn't move. I left the device on the bathroom sink and later in the day picked it up again...still almost 102. WAIT A MINUTE! The Tylenol had worn off. I keep my home a comfortable 75 degrees so how could my bathroom be almost 30 degrees hotter? And then it dawned on me.....I never shook the damn thing to get the mercury to return to it's baseline. It had been sitting at 102 for almost 2 years....the last time I had the flu. So I gave it a hard shake. And then another. After 4 or 5 hard shakes it was back under 96. Stuck it under my tongue for ten minutes and....

Whew! Glad it wasn't the plague! Oak pollin has overwhelmed ER's here.

• Banned
E]

Whew! Glad it wasn't the plague! Oak pollin has overwhelmed ER's here.

Oleanders and ragweed here in Phoenix....pretty much average but we've had a lot of rain so it's sticking around....Bermuda grass is my nemesis...that shit is toxic to me.

Hot flashes? male menopause

Well something must be going on if you woke up achy and sweaty.....unless you were having one heckuva dream.

I have to use a 6" thick foam pad instead of a mattress due to old injuries....it's pretty much shot. If I sleep more than 5 hours my back and shoulders feel like I just wrestled Jesse Ventura. The place I got new ones every few years went out of business. So that explains the aches....and yeah, I may have had an encounter with a young Claudia Cardinale in my dream. :lol:

e3693826e5e0eff0b691a2c3448c309e.jpg

Hoochie Mama!!!

Coronadementia

I wonder if the old dotard remembered to pull the thermometer out of his ass when he was done (or maybe he didn’t want to...).

Forum List

Back