CDZ "Allahu Akbar", a gun and a synagogue

I

Indofred

CLEAN DEBATE ZONE
My understanding of forum rules is this area is for serious discussion only, designed as an area where you can ask searching questions and get serious replies, not just abuse and rubbish from either side of this highly charged debate.

A man dressed in Arabic clothes and armed with a rifle shouts, "Allahu akbar" as he walks into a Paris synagogue that happened to be defended by armed troops.
The troops did nothing, but were, according to reports, tense.

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...lks-into-synagogue-in-terrorist-costume-20054

A Parisian Jewish man tempted fate on Thursday by going into a synagogue dressed as a Muslim terrorist for Purim, shouting "Allahu Akbar" and carrying a rifle.

You'll notice from the story the other people in the place recognized their acquaintance, but that was "A short time later", not immediately.

There are many stories of false flag operations designed to blame Muslims for terrorist attacks, but these are commonly dismissed as 'tin foil hat' jobs.

However, one has to ask why an armed man with apparently obvious intent was allowed to enter the place so soon after a serious of terrorist attacks instead of being shot on sight as you would expect.

I suppose the soldiers could have been new recruits who were inexperienced and/or rubbish at their jobs, or was this a failed attempt at a false flag, possibly supported by the French government or other highly placed political forces who ordered the soldiers to allow him through?

One other question. This story has hit the press in Israel, but why nothing anywhere else?

CLEAN DEBATE ZONE

How can you debate a news story. If it happened, it happened.

What do you claim this story means? What is it you wish to debate? As far as the level of coverage goes, what level of coverage do you expect for the story of a lone nutjob doing something stupid?

It seems to have happened, but why wasn't the man shot as soon as he turned up?

Arabic looking
Shouting Arabic phrases
Armed with a rifle
A lot of recent terrorist attacks

What would you have done if you were one of the soldiers?

Arabic looking
Shouting Arabic phrases
Armed with a rifle

Hopefully I would have diffused the situation non-violently, which is apparently what happened.

Arabic looking
Shouting Arabic phrases
Armed with a rifle

Hopefully I would have diffused the situation non-violently, which is apparently what happened.

"Hopefully", with an armed man walking into what would make a lovely target for any terrorist.

Something isn't being told in the story, but what is missing?

A guy dressed in an inappropriate costume for Purim. So what?

I don't know all that much about the types of costume, so I took a look.

purim costume - Penelusuran Google

It seems to be pretty free choice, but lots of party stuff and religious bits and bobs, not a single terrorist 'uniform' to be seen.
That in mind, we can consider his mode of dress to be unusual and unlikely.

Since the soldiers are looking for terrorists, why didn't they do anything about a man shouting "God is great" whilst carrying a rifle towards a Jewish party?

The city is shit scared of terrorist attacks, but an armed man dressed as a terrorist walks down the street free of any action from the soldiers.

A guy dressed in an inappropriate costume for Purim. So what?

I don't know all that much about the types of costume, so I took a look.

purim costume - Penelusuran Google

It seems to be pretty free choice, but lots of party stuff and religious bits and bobs, not a single terrorist 'uniform' to be seen.
That in mind, we can consider his mode of dress to be unusual and unlikely.

Since the soldiers are looking for terrorists, why didn't they do anything about a man shouting "God is great" whilst carrying a rifle towards a Jewish party?

The city is shit scared of terrorist attacks, but an armed man dressed as a terrorist walks down the street free of any action from the soldiers.

As I said before, Purim is like Jewish Halloween. There's no specific or special costumes to wear, you can wear whatever you want. The holiday is also very associated with drinking.

Nor was the man in question "armed" - he was holding a toy rifle, not a real one.

I really don't see what point you're trying to make here, nor what your issue is.

Arabic looking
Shouting Arabic phrases
Armed with a rifle

Well I think you missed the fact it was Purim. Or you don't get the significance?

Purim to Jews, is like Halloween. And unlike Americans, Jews celebrate their festivals at the Synagogue.

So what would I do if I was a soldier?

Um... well remember that the entire day hundreds of Jews are walking into the Synagogue dressed up. Further, the man in question was likely walking in with friends who were also dressed up, but not as a terrorist. Moreover, as guards you were likely told by the people of the Synagogue that it was the festival of Purim, and that people would come in wearing costumes.

This is a picture of a festival of Purim:
purim.jpg

Now granted this is a much bigger festival, because this is in Israel.

So it wouldn't be quite that large. Nevertheless... Can you now get a grasp of why the man was not shot? I would know people are dressed crazy, and this guy was obviously not a terrorist.

However, I do think it was bad form, and I wager the people there informed the man of such. I betchya if he did this before, or after the festival, things would have gone very badly for him.

Nor was the man in question "armed" - he was holding a toy rifle, not a real one.

I really don't see what point you're trying to make here, nor what your issue is.

We can see the choice was an especially bad one, but what stopped him getting shot?

Paris attacks, now the attacks in Belgium, but armed security let him get close enough to find out he wasn't a terrorist.

"Excuse me, sir, but are you a real terrorist or just a man with really bad taste?"

What's wrong with this picture?

Um... well remember that the entire day hundreds of Jews are walking into the Synagogue dressed up. Further, the man in question was likely walking in with friends who were also dressed up, but not as a terrorist

You'll notice from the story the other people in the place recognized their acquaintance, but that was "A short time later", not immediately.

So much for your theory.

Um... well remember that the entire day hundreds of Jews are walking into the Synagogue dressed up. Further, the man in question was likely walking in with friends who were also dressed up, but not as a terrorist

So much for your theory.

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't limit myself to merely the link you posted. I never look at information from one single source. I suppose I should have posted some of the other links, or at least one of them.

I suppose this will do.

In the spirit of Purim: French Jew dresses up as a jihadist

Jewish man walks into Paris synagogue dressed as a jihadist for Purim. Congregants took it with a smile - but not the police.

The source told AFP that the man arrived wearing long North African robes, carrying a fake Kalashnikov and crying "Allahu akbar", Arabic for "God is greatest".

"It created a certain emotion among the soldiers," the source said.

The costume, of course, was in honor of the holiday of Purim and, according to AFP, the initial shock passed quickly when members of the synagogue realized they knew the man, and that it was only a joke.
He was nonetheless ordered to present himself at his local police station on Friday.​

"short time" in your article, was "the initial shock passed quickly when" they knew him.

In other words, after the "GASP", they looked "oh it's Bob dressed up for Purim".

Which is what I was saying before.

Now like I said, I'm sure the guards around the area that didn't see him come in, likely would be a bit bent, and it is bad form. So I'm not surprised they are requiring him to come to the police station.

The source told AFP that the man arrived wearing long North African robes, carrying a fake Kalashnikov and crying "Allahu akbar", Arabic for "God is greatest".

On his own, carrying what appeared to be an automatic weapon, shouting "Allahu akbar", and no one knew who he was at first.

So why didn't the troops do something about him other than looked shocked?
An area that has suffered attacks, a man who looks a lot like a terrorist, but nothing happened.

Can you get a photo of the actual costume? That would explain a lot.

So your beef is that a man who was obviously not a terrorist and carrying a toy gun involved in a bad joke was not shot?

I am glad you are not one of the guards - apparently you want them to kill people indiscriminately. What is interesting is that you are here wanting to discuss how this went 'wrong' when it went the absolute best that it could have.

As to why it has not received any coverage - I have to ask why you think there would be any coverage of someone performing a bad joke? Where is the coverage for the millions of jokes that happened on that day all over the world? Oh, no one cares...

CLEAN DEBATE ZONE
My understanding of forum rules is this area is for serious discussion only, designed as an area where you can ask searching questions and get serious replies, not just abuse and rubbish from either side of this highly charged debate.

A man dressed in Arabic clothes and armed with a rifle shouts, "Allahu akbar" as he walks into a Paris synagogue that happened to be defended by armed troops.
The troops did nothing, but were, according to reports, tense.

Paris: Jewish man walks into synagogue in terrorist costume | JerusalemOnline.com

A Parisian Jewish man tempted fate on Thursday by going into a synagogue dressed as a Muslim terrorist for Purim, shouting "Allahu Akbar" and carrying a rifle.

There are many stories of false flag operations designed to blame Muslims for terrorist attacks, but these are commonly dismissed as 'tin foil hat' jobs.

However, one has to ask why an armed man with apparently obvious intent was allowed to enter the place so soon after a serious of terrorist attacks instead of being shot on sight as you would expect.

I suppose the soldiers could have been new recruits who were inexperienced and/or rubbish at their jobs, or was this a failed attempt at a false flag, possibly supported by the French government or other highly placed political forces who ordered the soldiers to allow him through?

One other question. This story has hit the press in Israel, but why nothing anywhere else?

CLEAN DEBATE ZONE

Do you know the meaning of a "false flag"?

The man didn't pretend to ACTUALLY be a Muslim terrorist, he tried on a bad-tasted prank on the worshipers during Purim.

Jeez.

Forum List

Back