Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill admits affair, won’t run for U.S. Senate: ‘There’s no excuse’

Are Republicans in the 21st Century the most corrupt and morally degenerate in U.S. history?

Didn't they cover Democrats seceding over slavery in the schools you went to?
You mean the South seceding over slavery, right?
That's correct. The Democrats who owned the South at that time decided to engage in a little nullification of Federal law only at that time Lincoln (Republican) sent in the troops. The South and other parts of the nation may well repeat the move to nullify Federal edicts - or laws - on 2A. Let the Tan Messiah struggle with THAT choice. If he tries to send troops the military will begin to crumble.

Are Republicans in the 21st Century the most corrupt and morally degenerate in U.S. history?
Another one bites the dust.

Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill admits affair, won’t run for U.S. Senate: ‘There’s no excuse’

After initially denying reports of an affair, Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill on Wednesday afternoon told AL.com that he had “an inappropriate relationship” with a 44-year-old woman and will not make an anticipated run for the U.S. Senate.

“I will obviously not be a candidate for the United States Senate nor will I be seeking any other elected position in 2022, because I think it’s important to me to make sure that I become the man that I have been before and that I am working to put myself in the position to be the leader that I have been before, as a husband, as a father, as a friend and as an elected official,” Merrill said.

Merrill, elected Alabama’s secretary of state in 2014 and re-elected in 2018, and was term limited from seeking a third term in 2022.

“With the end of my term coming up in January of 2023, I have been presented with a variety of options for where my path in public service could lead,” a statement from his office read. “I have decided that I will not be a candidate for any office in 2022.”

In an interview with AL.com on Wednesday morning, Merrill denied having had an affair and accused Cesaire McPherson of “stalking” and “harassing” him.

McPherson declined to answer questions on the record Wednesday, instead providing a recording and a short statement.

“I don’t want to say anything other than here’s the proof that John Merrill is a liar,” she said. “Here’s the true John Merrill.”

Compare the Alabama SOC manning up and admitting it to Democrats who let an intern die in New England waters and a Democrat President who let an intern suck his willie. You people are full of shit.

Didn't they cover Democrats seceding over slavery in the schools you went to?
You mean the South seceding over slavery, right?
Yes, he meant the conservatives who wanted to keep their Black people as slaves and tried to break away from the Liberals who saw Blacks as people with free will.

Rewriting history again?

Another GOPerv bites the dust? Good, Baby Gaetz is next! :)
You should not cheer at things like this. Bad style, Doctor. Gaetz may be a different matter. They got an E2 convicted for taking a minor across state lines to screw, last week. He got 12 years. Gaetz may be looking at some jail time. Than Mann - Act is some serious sh#t. Even if the age of consent is 16 in the state you are in or even in the state you go to. 18 is the required age under the statute. If Gaetz's honey pot was 17, the screwing he got ain't gonne be worth the screwing he gets. I guess that is why he wanted a "blanket" pardon from Donny, but even Donny said "no way".

Anyone can stray, regardless of sex, race, or political party. What makes a situation such as this one so hilarious is that the republicans have spent decades lecturing the rest of us boorishly about "morality" and how much more holy they are than the rest of us. But when a white, heterosexual, male republican gets caught, the republicans fail to condemn him with the same vigor as they condemn others for the same conduct. What ever happened with trump, whom frankie graham so loves? Now the republicans also have to deal with the Florida State Virgin Gaetz. :rolleyes:

Anyone can stray, regardless of sex, race, or political party. What makes a situation such as this one so hilarious is that the republicans have spent decades lecturing the rest of us boorishly about "morality" and how much more holy they are than the rest of us. But when a white, heterosexual, male republican gets caught, the republicans fail to condemn him with the same vigor as they condemn others for the same conduct. What ever happened with trump, whom frankie graham so loves? Now the republicans also have to deal with the Florida State Virgin Gaetz. :rolleyes:

haha.... And Democrats say they respect women yet act otherwise. They still pay men more than they do women and they still know how to cop an an unwanted feel in the hallway.

Another GOPerv bites the dust? Good, Baby Gaetz is next! :)
You should not cheer at things like this. Bad style, Doctor. Gaetz may be a different matter. They got an E2 convicted for taking a minor across state lines to screw, last week. He got 12 years. Gaetz may be looking at some jail time. Than Mann - Act is some serious sh#t. Even if the age of consent is 16 in the state you are in or even in the state you go to. 18 is the required age under the statute. If Gaetz's honey pot was 17, the screwing he got ain't gonne be worth the screwing he gets. I guess that is why he wanted a "blanket" pardon from Donny, but even Donny said "no way".

You’re right - Mea culpa.
I had an affair back in the day technically at least - (we were on the outs but still ;-)
Gonna be a happy day when Baby Gaetz gets cuffed!
I'll not shed a tear.

haha.... And Democrats say they respect women yet act otherwise. They still pay men more than they do women and they still know how to cop an an unwanted feel in the hallway.

Here's the difference, Democrats aren't trying to strip women of their rights, including health care and abortion. They voted in FAVOUR of the Equal Rights Amendment, equal pay for women, universal health care, and in favour of laws protect women from sexual harassment - All of the things Republicans voted against. Republicans REFUSED to extend the Violence Against Women Act.

Just a crazy guess but since the article never mentioned republican this is a democrat right?

Here's the difference, Democrats aren't trying to strip women of their rights, including health care and abortion. They voted in FAVOUR of the Equal Rights Amendment, equal pay for women, universal health care, and in favour of laws protect women from sexual harassment - All of the things Republicans voted against. Republicans REFUSED to extend the Violence Against Women Act.

Go look at salaries of Democrat Congressional staffs. In most cases, you will see pay disparity with men getting paid more. Where are Republicans stripping women of their healthcare? Most are against abortion but I have yet to see where a woman who wants an abortion can’t get one in this country.

Another one bites the dust.

After initially denying reports of an affair, Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill on Wednesday afternoon told AL.com that he had “an inappropriate relationship” with a 44-year-old woman and will not make an anticipated run for the U.S. Senate.

“I will obviously not be a candidate for the United States Senate nor will I be seeking any other elected position in 2022, because I think it’s important to me to make sure that I become the man that I have been before and that I am working to put myself in the position to be the leader that I have been before, as a husband, as a father, as a friend and as an elected official,” Merrill said.

Merrill, elected Alabama’s secretary of state in 2014 and re-elected in 2018, and was term limited from seeking a third term in 2022.

“With the end of my term coming up in January of 2023, I have been presented with a variety of options for where my path in public service could lead,” a statement from his office read. “I have decided that I will not be a candidate for any office in 2022.”

In an interview with AL.com on Wednesday morning, Merrill denied having had an affair and accused Cesaire McPherson of “stalking” and “harassing” him.

McPherson declined to answer questions on the record Wednesday, instead providing a recording and a short statement.

“I don’t want to say anything other than here’s the proof that John Merrill is a liar,” she said. “Here’s the true John Merrill.”

Forum List

Back