AL MVP Back Home To California

$40 million a year for 9 years

Will the Yanks beat it ?
Like I said, it's not confirmed. He may go to the Boston Red Sox!
Check out this story...

"Aaron Judge was a passionate Giants fan while growing up in Linden, Calif. As a senior at Linden High School, Judge made a prediction to his then-girlfriend, now-wife Samantha Bracksieck about his future playing baseball in the Bay Area"

“I said, in 10 years, I’ll be married to Sam and playing for the San Francisco Giants,” Judge recalled to Sean Gregory of TIME Magazine. "I was like, 'That’d better not get out.' "

"Twelve years later, Judge is married to Bracksieck. He's also a free agent for the first time in his MLB career, with the New York Yankees and Giants reportedly the frontrunners to sign the slugger to a lucrative deal expected to be at least nine years in length"

I can't imagine the wealthiest team in baseball let's him walk. Yes, you will be overpaying him for his last couple of years, but that's the way contracts work nowadays for the guys who bring behinds to seats.

The return on jersey sales and other merchandise will make up for it. If he remains a star his jerseys will sell for years after his retirement. Yankees have never been an organization afraid of overpaying for nostalgia.

I can't imagine the wealthiest team in baseball let's him walk. Yes, you will be overpaying him for his last couple of years, but that's the way contracts work nowadays for the guys who bring behinds to seats.

The return on jersey sales and other merchandise will make up for it. If he remains a star his jerseys will sell for years after his retirement. Yankees have never been an organization afraid of overpaying for nostalgia.
Judge is in the middle of his prime. He's got plenty of ball in him.

MLB has best labor union where there’s no salary cap and no cap on lengths of contracts

Judge is in the middle of his prime. He's got plenty of ball in him.

i don't know if this is his prime and I'd be floored if he ever hit 62 HRs again. He seemed to be exposed in the playoffs again. He has a relaxed disposition but can't seem to lift his game in the post season.

That said, especially in baseball, if he can help you get to the post season he is worth his weight in gold.

Judge is not worth anywhere close to that kind of money. I mean...

Screenshot_20221004-231919_Opera.jpg

He's going to be 31 in April. These are the mediocre stats he posted in his 20s. Last year was an outlier, an aberration.

Judge is not worth anywhere close to that kind of money. I mean...

View attachment 735664

He's going to be 31 in April. These are the mediocre stats he posted in his 20s. Last year was an outlier, an aberration.

It's star power, that's what drives fans to the stadium, what sells corporate boxes who do business with wealthy out of town/out of country executives. He is also a gentle giant who hits the long ball, that can sell as an unusual figure in the sport, doesn't get into trouble etc. He's marketable.

It's star power, that's what drives fans to the stadium, what sells corporate boxes who do business with wealthy out of town/out of country executives. He is also a gentle giant who hits the long ball, that can sell as an unusual figure in the sport, doesn't get into trouble etc. He's marketable.
And that's all fine as long as he's producing at an elite level. I just don't see him being able to continue doing that.

And that's all fine as long as he's producing at an elite level. I just don't see him being able to continue doing that.

If he can remain healthy and consistently hit 35-40 HRs, the Yanks will get their moneys worth. That's the reality of the game. Look how much they paid Donaldson? As a Jay he was dominant, that was 7 years ago though. I knew they bought a lemon in 2021.

I would let him go. 9 years is way too long in pro sports
It seems every time a team hands out an 8 or 10 year deal it always ends up biting them in the end. Just too many variables (never mind injury possibilities) to go much over 5 years at a time.

If he can remain healthy and consistently hit 35-40 HRs, the Yanks will get their moneys worth. That's the reality of the game. Look how much they paid Donaldson? As a Jay he was dominant, that was 7 years ago though. I knew they bought a lemon in 2021.
Josh was still great as the Braves 3B and then with the Twins. Still one of the top 3 third baseman in the game, defensively. He just had an off-year. I have no worries about Josh Donaldson. But NY may not be the best fit for him.

Forum List

Back