Al Gore to Rick Perry: Climate scientists aren't motivated by money

You mean give a small African country money just so I can produce a product because they aren't?

Pay someone to not be productive?

Sounds like typical liberal logic to me....

"it's not fair they have no money so make the productive give them money- global communism my fellow Marxists - a vision for the future."

Actually, my understanding of Cap and Trade is that it is the modern, read that Pope Al Gore, idea of indulgences sold by the Catholic Church 600 years ago. Quite a scam if you can get it pushed through Congress.

Immie

What the fuck does the pope 600 years ago have to do with modern society and modern asshats?

- I'm Nick

Do you know what indulgences were?

Do you know what Cap and Trade is today?

They are basically one in the same.

Six hundred years ago, the Catholic Church was selling indulgences that people bought as forgiveness of their sins. This was one of the major reasons we had the Reformation. People paid the church coin for a slip of paper that promised them removal of their sins.

Cap and Trade from the horses mouth:

Cap and Trade 101
The goal: To steadily reduce carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions economy-wide in a cost-effective manner.

The cap: Each large-scale emitter, or company, will have a limit on the amount of greenhouse gas that it can emit. The firm must have an “emissions permit” for every ton of carbon dioxide it releases into the atmosphere. These permits set an enforceable limit, or cap, on the amount of greenhouse gas pollution that the company is allowed to emit.

The trade: It will be relatively cheaper or easier for some companies to reduce their emissions below their required limit than others. These more efficient companies, who emit less than their allowance, can sell their extra permits to companies that are not able to make reductions as easily.

The profits: If the federal government auctions the emissions permits to the companies required to reduce their emissions, it would create a large and dependable revenue stream. These financial resources could be used to achieve critical public policy objectives related to climate change mitigation and economic development.

Sounds like a new set of "indulgences" to me.

Immie

Last edited:
You mean give a small African country money just so I can produce a product because they aren't?

Pay someone to not be productive?

Sounds like typical liberal logic to me....

"it's not fair they have no money so make the productive give them money- global communism my fellow Marxists - a vision for the future."

Actually, my understanding of Cap and Trade is that it is the modern, read that Pope Al Gore, idea of indulgences sold by the Catholic Church 600 years ago. Quite a scam if you can get it pushed through Congress.

Immie

Your understanding is very stupid then.

And you are a partisan asshat... move along.

Immie

Immie

And you are a partisan asshat... move along.

Immie
Sorry I just don't think you've read much outside of right wing blogs and FOX News.

Immie

No it doesn't. You don't know what words mean.

CO2 cap and trade is much closer to the sulfur dioxide and NOx cap and trade system that has been in place for a couple decades now.

You get nothing of financial value in return for an indulgence. When you own a C&T credit, you own the right to discharge a certain gas or gases into the atmosphere in certain levels.

Immie

CO2 cap and trade is much closer to the sulfur dioxide and NOx cap and trade system that has been in place for a couple decades now.

You get nothing of financial value in return for an indulgence. When you own a C&T credit, you own the right to discharge a certain gas or gases into the atmosphere in certain levels.

Didn't you know "Salvation Credits" are much more valuable than all the money in the world?

Immie

Immie

Didn't you know "Salvation Credits" are much more valuable than all the money in the world?

Immie

Only to nutters.

I don't read any blogs or have cable TV,

And your posts show your lack of knowledge.

Immie
There's no useful science knowledge to be gained from blogs or cable TV.

Have you ever posted anything that shows you have any knowledge of anything at all?

The only posts I have ever seen from you say exactly nothing at all.

You post stupid shit like:

Life wouldn't exist without ozone, either, why don' you go huff on some of that stuff for a while and get back to us.

Your child like understanding of science is cute.

Sorry I just don't think you've read much outside of right wing blogs and FOX News.

You have 911 posts and yet have shown nothing of substance. Clearly, you cannot think for yourself.

Please get back to me when you have something of substance to say. I'm looking forward to that day.

Immie

Your child like understanding of science is cute.

On the contrary, I've been studying it for 20 years.

What's your PhD in ?

No PhD, bachelors in geology/geohydrology, masters in hydrology/remote sensing/GIS.

**Without CO2 , the planet would be much colder, unable to trap the sun's heat.