After searching and searching since 2002, I finally will have this 1974 lost sitcom on DVD, "CHICO AND THE MAN"

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
This show was never on cable, digital TV, DVD or TV streaming and came across someone online who has the entire series on DVD. This is the only 70's sitcom I never had a chance to watch because it's never in syndication.

Should be arriving by next weekend

SPOILER

I can tell you how it ends.

Chico realizes he's been a victim of systemic racism all this time, so that night he and his long-time friend stab the old man, and steal his car. The are caught en route to mexico but he claims trauma as a victim of white privilege and it's plea bargained down to the equivalent of jaywalking (in NY, not LA) and he spends a few weekends smoking pot in a park he's supposed to clean up. Today, he is a trans advocate in West Hollywood where he lives with his long-time partner.

This show was never on cable, digital TV, DVD or TV streaming and came across someone online who has the entire series on DVD. This is the only 70's sitcom I never had a chance to watch because it's never in syndication.

It has been available on DVD for around 15 years, here it is at Amazon you can buy the entire series:

Chico and the Man

SPOILER

Chico realizes he's been a victim of systemic racism all this time, so that night he and his long-time friend stab the old man, and steal his car. The are caught en route to mexico but he claims trauma as a victim of white privilege and it's plea bargained down to the equivalent of jaywalking (in NY, not LA) and he spends a few weekends smoking pot in a park he's supposed to clean up. Today, he is a trans advocate in West Hollywood where he lives with his long-time partner.

Cant wait to see it

It has been available on DVD for around 15 years, here it is at Amazon you can buy the entire series:

Chico and the Man

You can not buy the entire series on DVD. That only has 4 eps

Chico and the Man

Actually 6, but I get your point.

:cool:

Chico and the Man

Actually 6, but I get your point.

:cool:

Im getting all 88

SPOILER

Cant wait to see it
Make sure you have plenty of lube on hand.

I remember that as a kid around 9 or 10 years old. I found some DVDs at a garage sale last year of that old 70s TV program "Midnight Special" that has live performances from bands and comedians. In one episode it had Freddie Prinze do his routine. There were a lot of racist and drug related jokes from those comedians back then, crazy when you watch the stuff now.

SPOILER

Dayum, you took the fun right out of that. Jesus...

SPOILER

Cant wait to see it
I watched a lot of it when I was a teenager during the 70s. You'll enjoy it. Hey Jose Feliciano does the theme, it's gotta be good.

SPOILER

Dayum, you took the fun right out of that. Jesus...
You know, I put "spoiler" in all caps at the head of the post. A man can only do so much.

I am halfway through season 3 and the show is just not all that funny. It took too long for the Ed Brown character to open up and be human. Pretty the entire 1st season he just walked around mad and just made the show boring. Atleast fred sanford was grumpy and funny. Its good that this show is ineligible for syndication since it only has 88 episodes.

It's a show I used to hear referenced a lot in other shows; but I never really was motivated to look into it. Maybe I'll see if it's on IMDB. That's the kind of show they'd have.

It's a show I used to hear referenced a lot in other shows; but I never really was motivated to look into it. Maybe I'll see if it's on IMDB. That's the kind of show they'd have.

I heard it referenced on a show from 1992 but didnt know what it was

Forum List

Back