After Preaching About Rising Oceans, Bill Gates Buys $43M Mansion on the Beach

Yes, those villagers of Tuvalu are far more enlightened and sophisticated than the residents of coastal communities around the world, where property values continue to..... rise, unlike the sea level.
Barack Obama buys a mansion, his third residence, by the way, on the coast at Martha's Vineyard, after preaching doom and gloom to the rest of the world. Oh and Al Gore did the same thing. He flies hundreds of thousands of miles around the world annually, preaching to everyone else NOT to burn that evil fossil fuel.

You may have missed the point: Tuvalu is increasing in size despite a rise in sea level. The prophets of doom for Tuvalu were/are wrong - this is why we stayed and engaged in construction at Tuvalu.

So, while sea level is variable - do you think we are wrong in stating the mean/average sea level is rising

Here's proof that Tuvalu is getting bigger:

Of course, the doomsayers always ignore good news such as this. To them, everything is always getting worse, and nothing is ever getting better.

Doesn't a liquid like water rise the same amount everywhere?

Is there something that my science teachers did not tell me about the properties of liquids?

The Bay of Fundy has tidal surges of 40 to 50 feet.
So no, water doesn't rise the same amount everywhere.
Here's a nifty one. Your science teacher told you water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
Sorry but that's merely defined as its freezing point, where the phase transition takes place.
If you put a glass of water and a glass of ice in a refrigerator at exactly 32 F and 760 Torr, does the water freeze while the ice melts?

Look up water's triple point for the answer.

Yes, those villagers of Tuvalu are far more enlightened and sophisticated than the residents of coastal communities around the world, where property values continue to..... rise, unlike the sea level.
Barack Obama buys a mansion, his third residence, by the way, on the coast at Martha's Vineyard, after preaching doom and gloom to the rest of the world. Oh and Al Gore did the same thing. He flies hundreds of thousands of miles around the world annually, preaching to everyone else NOT to burn that evil fossil fuel.

And on a related note, Bernie Sanders stopped criticizing "millionaires and billionaires" after the New York Times reported that he was one of them.

Source:

I have zero problem with Obama or Sanders having so much money.

What I do have a problem with is their hypocrisy.

Doesn't a liquid like water rise the same amount everywhere?

Is there something that my science teachers did not tell me about the properties of liquids?

The Bay of Fundy has tidal surges of 40 to 50 feet.
So no, water doesn't rise the same amount everywhere.
Here's a nifty one. Your science teacher told you water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
Sorry but that's merely defined as its freezing point, where the phase transition takes place.
If you put a glass of water and a glass of ice in a refrigerator at exactly 32 F and 760 Torr, does the water freeze while the ice melts?

Look up water's triple point for the answer.

OK. That is an excellent point about the tides.

I should clarity I was rerfering to the long term trend of sea level rise over decades and centuries, and not to the daily tides related to the rotation of the earth and the gravity from the moon.

If there is a long term trend of sea level rise over decades and centuries, shoudn't this long term trend be happening equally everywhere?

DropDeadFred:

If there is a long term trend of sea level rise over decades and centuries, shouldn't this long term trend be happening equally everywhere?

Probably, but don't worry about it. The Climate Zealots want to strike fear into the hearts of everyone for power and money. Don't buy it. There will be no impact on your life or mine and people have been dealing with wars and catastrophes for millennia. They'll deal with whatever happens until the Big Guy comes. Might not be that far off either.

Bill and Obama sit on their patios on the beach while preaching to you that you must make sacrifices to stop the rising oceans (that are not rising and they know it).

When those claiming it’s a crisis start acting like it’s a crisis, then MAYBE I’ll listen.

I'm sure he bought it with the idea of how many illegal aliens he could give shelter to..

Oh, wait.. Just 6 or 8 - his maids and gardeners. And shelter only while working and then get the hell out.

"So little time, so little to do." - Oscar Levant, a wry wit if ever there weren't one

Forum List

Back