After less than a month, CNN+ is dead

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Texas Hill Country
LOL!

To the diehards on this board who signed up (and I know you did), so sorry.

CNN+, the network's overhyped online streaming service, is shuttering a month after it launched as a result of beyond disappointing subscription numbers and daily viewers. The service will officially end on April 30 after starting on March 29.

First reported by Variety, the decision to shut down CNN+ came from Warner Bros. Discovery since CEO David Zaslav was upset at how Jason Kilar, the former CEO of WarnerMedia when it was owned by AT&T, launched CNN+ weeks before Discovery was set to take over operations.

CNN confirmed the shuttering of CNN+ shortly after Variety's story was published:

"David Zaslav, the chief executive of Warner Bros. Discovery, has said that he wants to house all of the company's brands under one streaming service. Some CNN+ programming may eventually live on through that service. Hundreds of CNN+ staffers were notified of the decision in a meeting on Thursday afternoon.
"Earlier in the day, incoming CNN CEO Chris Licht held a meeting with Andrew Morse, the executive vice president overseeing CNN+, and his top lieutenants, a person familiar with the matter said. Morse, who championed the streaming service, will depart the company after a transition period.
"CNN had poured hundreds of millions of dollars into the new streaming app and lured top talent from other networks for it, including Kasie Hunt from NBC and Chris Wallace from Fox News."
Despite pouring "hundreds of millions of dollars" into CNN+, the network was only able to net around 150,000 subscribers after launch, according to Axios, with 10,000 people watching on a daily basis.

LOL!

CNN+, the network's overhyped online streaming service, is shuttering a month after it launched as a result of beyond disappointing subscription numbers and daily viewers. The service will officially end on April 30 after starting on March 29.

First reported by Variety, the decision to shut down CNN+ came from Warner Bros. Discovery since CEO David Zaslav was upset at how Jason Kilar, the former CEO of WarnerMedia when it was owned by AT&T, launched CNN+ weeks before Discovery was set to take over operations.

CNN confirmed the shuttering of CNN+ shortly after Variety's story was published:

Despite pouring "hundreds of millions of dollars" into CNN+, the network was only able to net around 150,000 subscribers after launch, according to Axios, with 10,000 people watching on a daily basis.
And that dumbass Chris Wallace jumped ship into this disaster, burning his bridges to Fox behind him.

Oh well. Any word on when trump's truth social might be up and running again? That thing has been down more than it's been up.

Name something that lasted longer than CNN+

i don't usually sign up to stuff like this, so i didn't sign up...CNN SUCKS!

I didn't give that fat orange fool any money.

Yes you did:

1650561116416.png

Things that are better value than CNN+:

-A ticket to Fyre Fest
-shares in Theranos
-A Vegas gambling slip betting on Biden lasting 8 years

LOL!

Makes you wonder why such a bad decision. CNN itself will be lucky to make it to the end of the year they lost so many viewers. Then to start this hair brain idea when Biden and Congress numbers are so in the tank. WTF were these people thinking? They can't even sell their channel for free yet alone start a pay channel.

Forum List

Back