After Failures to Curb Sexual Assault, a Move Toward a Major Shift in Military Law with bipartisan legislation by Gillibrand (D-NY) & Ernst (R-IA)

Commanders will fight against this change to the UCMJ with tooth and nail. The JAG officers, the Legal NCOs, and the criminal investigators hope the commanders lose.

Commanders will fight against this change to the UCMJ with tooth and nail. The JAG officers, the Legal NCOs, and the criminal investigators hope the commanders lose.

After 22 years (started as a 11B/ Viet Nam) then transferring to 31B (CID) I figured that the entire UCMJ was full of nonsense - but it was/is what it is......would I cage it as it is? Nope. It is a hot mess, but it seems to have worked for many years.

Yes, the UCMJ, imo, has worked fairly well, EXCEPT when it comes to fairness to the needs of female personnel in the Armed Forces. A friend told me of a case where a SP4 female was discharged for fooling around with her company executive offier. He got the boot as well. They were both single.

Forum List

Back