After Eliminating Navigators and Flight Engineers from Cockpits, Now Airline Moves to Eliminate Copilot

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Not a good idea. Airliners are marvels relative to redundant systems and at the very least you better have a redundant system for piloting.

What could possibly go wrong?

There's a downside to this? All I see it doing is SAVING LIVES.

When the plane goes down in a flaming crash, it'll save the lives of the co-pilot, navigator and flight engineer that used to be there! That's THREE lives! The more planes crashed, the more lives saved.

And it'll save a lot of jet fuel previously used to lug that pilot support crew around.

If the pilot needs to pee, let him just do it in his diaper. After all, it's good enough for Joe.

Now, I think we should eliminate the pilot, too. Damn, overpaid union workers! Make the flight like a driverless Uber taxi. Let the computer do the flying.

Then we can eliminate all the passengers, too. Just PRETEND you're already at where you need to be.

Look at all the savings! No more four hour long waits in line for the TSA. Brilliant. :smoke: Color me "on-board." :71:

Last edited:
toobfreak Some people will take you seriously and think that all sounds really good. Heck, if the modern day aristocrats get their way they will only have a few peeps left to deal with around the globe.

Some people will take you seriously and think that all sounds really good.

GEE, I SURE HOPE SO. Maybe they will open the new era of just piloting your own plane, to go along with Kramer's make your own pizza.

Just think of the savings for the airline if they no longer have to carry liability insurance because the passengers can no longer sue because it was THEY who flew, and crashed, the plane all by themselves!

Forum List

Back