Afghanistan/wars/reality/etc

freyasman.......they did the same in Vietnam--went into the villages and took people to prisons/interrogation/etc
A lot of the guys we grabbed weren't bad guys; they just had similar names.

We did get one guy though, we snatched him up because he got all squirrely right when we found a cache of weapons, turned out to have a son in federal custody in NY. We had thrown him on a re-supply helicopter to take him back to the PUC facility on Bagram and we stayed out for another week or 2 clearing villages and sweeping valleys.
They were waiting for us when we got back to BAF, an FBI agent and a couple officers were waiting for our bird on the airfield. She wanted to talk to us about the guy we had grabbed. Took us down to the facility and interrogated us for a couple of hours, wanted to know everything we could remember, which wasn't much really. He was just one of about a dozen guys we had grabbed that time out.

It was what we did.

AZrailwhale
1. we had a reason to ''destroy'' them--we didn't have a reason to destroy NVietnam or Afghanistan
2. the Germans and Japanese are different
3. again, Japan and Germany were industrious countries---Afghanistan and Vietnam were/are no where close to that --you can't wipe them out

..as with other issues in the US today, you people are thinking in movie/unrealistic terms

It wouldn't accomplish anything anyway. Members of the same tribes located across the Pakistani border would just move into the empty villages and go on as before. You can't force external change on a tribal society without wiping out the tribe. We don't and shouldn't have the will to wipe out entire tribes
Not too many people move INTO a nuclear wasteland. Regardless of what relationship they had with the prior residents.

I’m not looking for change. I’m talking about EXTINCTION.

Victory is about taking real estate and punishing the enemy. The problem is that democrat administrations haven't been able to grasp that fact since Harry Truman bungled Korea so badly that victory in a year turned into a 3 year stalemate at the cost of anywhere from 35,000 to a staggering 50,000 Americans KIA and an embarrassing truce right back where we started. LBJ set the rules in Vietnam so that we could win every battle and still lose the freaking war and the media managed to blame Nixon. The 1st Gulf War was an example of how it should be done and democrats and the media hated it. Bill Clinton bombed a defenseless country in Europe on an executive order when he was caught with his pants down and the media called it a victory. Nobody wanted to win in Afghanistan but 8 years if Obama proved that it didn't matter. Trump wanted to withdraw Troops from foreign entanglements but democrats tied his administration down with faked charges and impeachment.

Anathema hahhahahahhahah-----
1.just like North Vietnam, we are not going to do it--and--AND--it would be even MORE worthless than wiping out NVietnam----it is not an industrious country ....
2. so we ''wipe it out''' [ hahahah '] then what ??? it changes NOTHING
Render the entire area an uninhabitable wasteland for a millennium. Destroy all infrastructure, poison all water sources, sterilize all arable land.

..like I just said in another thread, you people don't know much about wars/conflicts etc
..we bombed the shit out of Germany ----it did not cause a surrender....we bombed the shit out of Japan--so much so, that we ''ran out of'' targets/incendiaries/etc---and no surrender...even after 2 ATOMIC bombs, the vote to surrender was TIED 3-3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....and after the Emperor broke the tie, some still tried to stop the surrender ......no, '''wiping them out''' will no nothing
That wasn't wiping them out. For the right way, think Carthage.

Jarlaxle wiping out--idiocy ....yes, they put the full weight of the Air Forces on the Axis......like I said, the ''ran out of targets'''

Jarlaxle there are not enough resources [ aircraft, etc ] to do that
Bullshit. The load of one missile submarine would do most of it.
no, you don't understand how the military works or what it can accomplish
If you do not think that every man, woman, and child in Afghanistan could have been wiped out in a few months, you're deluding yourself. A couple cobalt-jacketed nukes and a few billion cubic feet of nerve gas would have done most of the job.
you people think it's a board game--it's not
What in the name of Jesus Christ and a pair of fuzzy dice are you babbling about?

Jarlaxle yes-I thought you would mention nukes and I KNEW it is a very ridiculous response--hey PAL---there's a HUGE problem with that--that would affect nearby countries !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullshit. The load of one missile submarine would do most of it.

If you do not think that every man, woman, and child in Afghanistan could have been wiped out in a few months, you're deluding yourself. A couple cobalt-jacketed nukes and a few billion cubic feet of nerve gas would have done most of the job.

What in the name of Jesus Christ and a pair of fuzzy dice are you babbling about?
....even on military forums, there's a lot of people, like you, that do not think in realistic/etc terms--you think it's like a board game--which is UNrealistic

Jarlaxle yes-I thought you would mention nukes and I KNEW it is a very ridiculous response--hey PAL---there's a HUGE problem with that--that would affect nearby countries !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would prefer nerve gas, but sometimes, low-yield nukes are simply the right tool for the job.

Forum List

Back