Afghanistan, the graveyard of empires

They have an opportunity to prove they don't want us there...
Whatever for? They DO want us to leave. At least that large segment of that backwards population who support or cower-to the Taliban.

...Leave us alone...
A rather difficult plea to make when one is a foreign power occupying land not their own, isn't it?

...If they take this opportunity to attack us instead of letting us leave then maybe we should stay...
Whatever for? To what end? What would be the end-goal? Is the end-goal achievable and realistic? Nahhhh... phukk 'em... time to leave.

...If they really want us gone they would disappear and wait for us to leave before doing anything...
[
The Taliban are just taunting us on our way out the door... hanging-around now accomplishes nothing worth another American life or dollar.

...And then they would insure that their fighting does not reach our shores again.
Their in-fighting never reached our shores in the first place.

The Taliban hosted and enabled Al Qaeda militant Islamists affiliated with the Saudi Arabian -based Wahabbi sect of that miserable violent religion.

It was the Wahabbists who hit us in retaliation for maintaining bases in Saudi Arabia and other perceived (and bull$hit) offenses.

We should have plastered the Taliban and Al Qaeda then just walked away... leaving them staggering-about in the smoking ruins.

But... stupidly... we did not do that... and squandered a great deal of blood and treasure for little appreciable gain or advantage.

When the history of this period is written some years from now, the end-game for Afghanistan will be routinely compared to that of Vietnam...

A long, dragged-out, pointless conflict in which we won the Battles but lost the Peace.

Give it a year or so and we'll be seeing this all over again... this time on the embassy rooftop in Kabul...

539w.jpg

"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Last edited:
If they take this opportunity to attack us instead of letting us leave then maybe we should stay.
IF they attack us- how the hell are they going to get here? IF they attack us, then obliterate them. We invaded their homeland for crying out loud- Saudis were the ones in the planes that crashed here- not Afghani's- good lord!
But, we didn't attack Saudi did we? Bin Laden was a Saudi!

There are some really strange people on this forum.

I thought you were an anti American from Iran , guess I was wrong . Your a anti American from Afghanistan . My bad.

The real threats are America itself. The biggest threat to global security since the end of the Cold War.

I beg to differ- the MIC has made tons of money and the CIA has become the most powerful drug running cartel in the world- and they have the full support of congress-

What is "the MIC?" Is it a personal acronym no one else knows the meaning to?

If they take this opportunity to attack us instead of letting us leave then maybe we should stay.
IF they attack us- how the hell are they going to get here? IF they attack us, then obliterate them. We invaded their homeland for crying out loud- Saudis were the ones in the planes that crashed here- not Afghani's- good lord!
But, we didn't attack Saudi did we? Bin Laden was a Saudi!
You failed the iq test. The fact that they used Saudi Passports doesn't mean they weren't being trained and harbored in Afghanistan, which they were.
If they want us to leave they should lay low and not get into combat with our soldiers over there.
If they want us to stay away they should leave their violent attitudes on their own. It's a shame we aren't powerful enough to protect all the weak from their likes but we're not.

There are some really strange people on this forum.

I thought you were an anti American from Iran , guess I was wrong . Your a anti American from Afghanistan . My bad.

The real threats are America itself. The biggest threat to global security since the end of the Cold War.

I beg to differ- the MIC has made tons of money and the CIA has become the most powerful drug running cartel in the world- and they have the full support of congress-

What is "the MIC?" Is it a personal acronym no one else knows the meaning to?
Look it up . I wouldn't throw you a rope if you were drowning.

You failed the iq test. The fact that they used Saudi Passports doesn't mean they weren't being trained and harbored in Afghanistan, which they were.
Perhaps- but everything I've read said they were Saudi nationalist-

Forum List

Back