Added cost of $215.4 billion = 57 cents per gallon more above gas pump price hmmmmm

Street legal carts can cost 2500 - 4000 on the low end. They are quiet and batteries can last up to 8 years.

Go out for dinner,on a date,run errands = new excitement
And since I must use a Highway to get to and from work, not to mention friends and relatives... these are useful to me how?

And how would that bad boy have helped me moved 300 miles? SOME people, it's a good idea. Everyone? Not so much. A montana rancher may be a little less interested in some toy like this.

Save money for a diminished lifestyle. No thank you.

The lions share of the USA population lives in cities and small towns. This is one of the perfect solutions.

Just when we thought you could not get any dumber

And since I must use a Highway to get to and from work, not to mention friends and relatives... these are useful to me how?

And how would that bad boy have helped me moved 300 miles? SOME people, it's a good idea. Everyone? Not so much. A montana rancher may be a little less interested in some toy like this.

Save money for a diminished lifestyle. No thank you.

The lions share of the USA population lives in cities and small towns. This is one of the perfect solutions.

No way to deny gas guzzlers create and support inflation across the board.

And golf carts as a solution (just imaging the liberal safety nazis with that on their plate, what would happen) is probably the dumbest thing said in this board this month... and with whackos like rdummy and Mr. Shameful on here, that is quite an accomplishment

Number one US export is gasoline. Oops, thought there was a shortage?

Shortage eh? can we say manipulating consumers into believing such crap while the industry empties our wallets.

That's your problem. You think.
And according to you, whatever you think becomes fact.

We are a net oil exporter now. This thread is bogus.
You mean net exporter of refined products. NOT OIL.
Come on you know better than that.

Shortage eh? can we say manipulating consumers into believing such crap while the industry empties our wallets.

And you- you're a fucking idiot.

That 'item' smells like poo. I think you pulled something out of your ass, wiped it off and tried to pass it off as fact.

I assume you can back that 'fact' up? Even with a logical progression?

That 'item' smells like poo. I think you pulled something out of your ass, wiped it off and tried to pass it off as fact.

Certainly...

The more gas that is burned at no matter the price tells the market it is okay. That high priced fuel is then kept on the market which in turn is burned by all transportation sources which in turn adds to the cost of just about everything on the market.

Now we have inflation...

Certainly...

The more gas that is burned at no matter the price tells the market it is okay. That high priced fuel is then kept on the market which in turn is burned by all transportation sources which in turn adds to the cost of just about everything on the market.

Now we have inflation...
Ah, I see. You were not clear in defining 'inflation' to mean something other than it's common vulgate usage of 'MONETARY inflation', but rather standard market economic 'push/pull cost variation'.

If you ARE meaning 'monetary inflation' I say you are sadly mistaken it's power on the effective cost of money versus a product. The price of oil, versus the price of gold has not changed much in the last 80 years. But since the dollar devalues over time with our policies, and has accelerated even more in the last 3 years due to the fed printing money like crazy to Weimar Republic levels, has little to do with gas's consumption.

If, you calculate the cost of crude and it's production cost into gas, you will find that the price of gas today, is very close to what we paid for it in 2000 which at least in my neck of the woods was about 1.50-1.60 a gallon. Since that time, inflation has gone a long way to increase costs by about 75% of the price it is now, the rest has come from increased global consumption and difficulty transporting it due to geo-political issues. This of course was most evident shortly after the market adjusted oil bubble was popped by W when he threatened to open up drilling in the US and prices plummetted back to it's actual market value, not the speculator enhanced 4.20 a gallon at that time.

Monetary devaluation... aka inflation is far bigger and less influenced by one market product than you may think.

There is an additional hidden cost to our gasoline –
something that isn’t included in the price at the pump.

The added cost is the $215.4 billion each year that the
U.S. military spends of our tax dollars to secure access
to imported energy.

$215.4 billion represents nearly 30% of the federal defense
budget just to gain access to foreign energy. This is one
year’s worth of troops, weaponry, and most of the Iraq
war funded by taxpayer dollars.

Gasoline plays a serious role supporting inflation. Consumers play a serious role in supporting inflation.

to imported energy.

Gasoline plays a serious role supporting inflation. Consumers play a serious role in supporting inflation.
Again, devaluation of currency is inflation. What you are talking about is not inflation, but increased costs. Please know the difference.

Inflation cannot be caused by consumers. Prices increase and decrease for a variety of reasons, mostly centered on production, logistics, marketing and demand in the broadest sense. Military costs create a tax burden, not an increased price. There is a difference to what they are, and it is mostly represented in how they are accrued and applied to the populace. Both have a MINOR effect on the cost of gas.

The cost of the military to defend our business interests elsewhere is often a far better value than what eco-fascists claim green energy will provide in an ideal setting.

That said, if we controlled our own energy sources, it would change many things, but price is still set by the global market dealing with supply and what the market is willing to pay.

Your theory is very flawed.

to imported energy.

Why are you so fucking petrophobic?
You are an anti-carbonite.

Why don't you go piss up the leg of the farmer?

Why am I paying $3.50 a gallon for milk and $1.50 for a loaf of bread.
BREAD. Simple Jesus bread.

(edited after I sobered up :D)

Last edited:
Benefits of a 20 Percent by 2020
National Renewable Electricity Standard

Job Creation - 355,000 new jobs—nearly twice as many as generating electricity from fossil fuels

Economic Development - $72.6 billion in new capital investment, $16.2 billion in income to farmers, ranchers, and rural landowners, and $5.0 billion in new local tax revenues

Consumer Savings - $49 billion in lower electricity and natural gas bills

Healthier Environment - Reductions of global warming pollution equal to taking nearly 71 million cars off the road, plus less haze, smog, acid rain, mercury contamination, and water use

Renewing America's Economy (2004) | Union of Concerned Scientists

Cleaner transportation for errands

Golf cart owners today want batteries to last longer before they have to replace them. They want them to last longer on a charge. Golf cart owners today don’t just need carts that last 18 holes on the golf course. They are shoppers and commuters who use golf carts for errands, visiting and just plain getting around town. They want to go the distance and back.

Stretching Your Golf Cart Battery Dollar « Battery Life Saver

Benefits of a 20 Percent by 2020
National Renewable Electricity Standard

Job Creation - 355,000 new jobs—nearly twice as many as generating electricity from fossil fuels

Economic Development - $72.6 billion in new capital investment, $16.2 billion in income to farmers, ranchers, and rural landowners, and $5.0 billion in new local tax revenues

Consumer Savings - $49 billion in lower electricity and natural gas bills

Healthier Environment - Reductions of global warming pollution equal to taking nearly 71 million cars off the road, plus less haze, smog, acid rain, mercury contamination, and water use

Renewing America's Economy (2004) | Union of Concerned Scientists
Predictions don't feed the bulldog today, you know and the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Two old homilies that always seem to come true and bite pie in the sky liberals on the ass when their snake oil goes bad.

Cleaner transportation for errands

Golf cart owners today want batteries to last longer before they have to replace them. They want them to last longer on a charge. Golf cart owners today don’t just need carts that last 18 holes on the golf course. They are shoppers and commuters who use golf carts for errands, visiting and just plain getting around town. They want to go the distance and back.

Stretching Your Golf Cart Battery Dollar « Battery Life Saver
you've GOT to be shitting me!

Still peddling that palaver? Nobody's willingly going to go to golfcarts except in idyllic circumstances. To force people to use them is fascistic. You use one if you think it's such a good fucking idea.

I'm sure you'd have loved one here today. 25 degrees (wind chill in the low teens) 15mph winds, 5-7 inches of snow over the next 2 days. How's your golf cart do driving 10 miles each way in that, then sitting for 3 hours in-between the 4 times you have to do it?

Now pick up 2 kids, get groceries and get to and from work with one.

Good choice? Over 1.4 million people in my area need that in an area the size of Rhode Island. About 40% of them live in towns under 10k that cannot meet all their needs AND have to commute 15 miles or more one way in the country. Good fucking luck.

Last edited:
Granny checkin' her Exxon stocks...
:eusa_eh:
IMF warns over risk of Iran oil price shock
25 January 2012 - Iran has threatened to blockade the Straits of Hormuz, through which 40% of all oil exports pass
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned of a 20-30% oil price spike if Iranian exports are disrupted. The IMF warned that if the West imposed financial sanctions on Iran, it would be tantamount to an oil blockade, and the shock to the market could be as bad as from Libya's revolution last year. Iran produces 5% of global oil output. Moreover, if Iran goes ahead with a threat to blockade oil exports via the Straits of Hormuz in the Gulf, the IMF said the shock could be even greater.

About a quarter of all oil produced globally, and some 40% of all oil exports - including those from Iraq, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia - are shipped through the Straits each year. "A blockade of the Strait of Hormuz would constitute, and be perceived by markets to presage, sharply heightened global geopolitical tension involving a much larger and unprecedented disruption," the Fund said in a regular note to the Group of 20 leading industrialised countries.

The market is already pricing in a small risk of an escalation of tensions between Iran on the one hand, and the US, Europe and Israel on the other, according to the IMF's estimates. Western countries have been threatening sanctions if Iran does not halt its nuclear programme, which they maintain is being used to develop weapons. The fund warned that the impact on oil prices of either scenario would be accentuated by the current tightness of oil supplies.

The oil stockpiles of major oil consuming countries are lower than usual, while the big oil exporting countries have limited short-term ability to increase supply, the IMF said. Iran is the world's fifth-largest oil producer, extracting 3.5 million barrels a day. Other members of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (Opec) have some 3.8 million barrels in spare capacity that could eventually be made available. However, in the case of an oil blockade by Iran, access to oil supplies from other major Opec countries - including crucially Saudi Arabia - would also be cut off.

BBC News - IMF warns over risk of Iran oil price shock

What's the answer:

1. move closer to employment

2. drive 5 speeed high mpg vehicles

3. buy hybrids and electric cars = more new jobs

4. Yes invest in great USA made running/walking shoes !!!!

5. Buy bicycles or get old ones tuned up

6. Think public transportation - demand it in your area!

7. Buy push carts for shopping on foot:
Burley - Products

8. Get Smart and release yourself from the manipulation of
the oil industry and the gas hog industry. Save big bucks!!!

What's the answer:

1. move closer to employment

2. drive 5 speeed high mpg vehicles

3. buy hybrids and electric cars = more new jobs

4. Yes invest in great USA made running/walking shoes !!!!

5. Buy bicycles or get old ones tuned up

6. Think public transportation - demand it in your area!

7. Buy push carts for shopping on foot:
Burley - Products

8. Get Smart and release yourself from the manipulation of
the oil industry and the gas hog industry. Save big bucks!!!

Bump for the cleaner USA ..... YES!

Forum List

Back