Ad Giants threaten to pull advertising from "digital swamp"

Yes it is..but it is the way news breaks for millions at work that don't have the time to sit in front of the tv..

Best thing someone can do in that case is triple check the story
Why do you need news at work?

Do your job.

Gramps are you becoming a old crabby stick in the mud..? You are too young for that.

It takes a few minutes to do a search on Twitter..or put that # in front of what you want to search and everything pops up instead of weeding through everything..

Social Media has always had trolls, but most people are good people..

Stick in the mud? I flip out when I see my guys on their phones while they are on my dime. Lost productivity adds up dear.
If you are at work get the fuck off the phone.

You consider that grumpy I consider it appropriate.

Also of note I believe as a society we have become obsessed with being "connected" to everything except the things that matter.

On their lunch break? Of course not while working.

If I saw anyone including medical people constantly on the phone I would be the first to complain, and ask for someone who is paying attention.
... I stop next to dumb asses texting in their car while driving and give them a Not OK sign..

Now.. people only have a minute or 2 to do a search so the # comes in handy...

I think you are a nice person being led around by social hate

I stick up for Trump too, I just did yesterday on here...Nah I mostly like to get witty and not think about things for a while..

Yes it is..but it is the way news breaks for millions at work that don't have the time to sit in front of the tv..

Best thing someone can do in that case is triple check the story

Do your job.

Gramps are you becoming a old crabby stick in the mud..? You are too young for that.

It takes a few minutes to do a search on Twitter..or put that # in front of what you want to search and everything pops up instead of weeding through everything..

Stick in the mud? I flip out when I see my guys on their phones while they are on my dime. Lost productivity adds up dear.

Also of note I believe as a society we have become obsessed with being "connected" to everything except the things that matter.

If I saw anyone including medical people constantly on the phone I would be the first to complain, and ask for someone who is paying attention.
... I stop next to dumb asses texting in their car while driving and give them a Not OK sign..

Where did you go..?

Do your job.

Where did you go..?
Picking up my daughter with car trouble.

I'm curious as to the criteria for what qualifies as fake news, who will decide, and how long it will take before partisan ideals influence decisions ?

So a meme with Jesus arm wrestling Hillary or the devil is “interference” in an election?

Of course there weren’t many anti-Trump memes on Facebook now was there?

:cuckoo:

While most breaking stories break on Twitter.. ads like these ones circulated FB by the thousands

fake_news.jpg

Yea, so what?

A rabid liberal in-law of mine believed in a fake News story that a fake Melania was appearing at press conferences with President Trump. She commented on the fake meme absolutely believing she was a fake.

The left are kings of propaganda, they just can’t stand it when the right use their own tactics.

Hey Hawk..

Nunes is busted for making a website full of Fake News website for the right..Did you hear about that?
Here is the fake twitter account Self Promoting himself.. I can not stand this punk

upload_2018-2-12_13-6-36-png.176247

Post the fake news, all I read in another thread was an example of an "opinion" it was fake news.

That's like saying "creationism" is fake news.

I am sure it will be coming out Bear.. Fake News Propaganda I guess it is called..but he is in big trouble for>>>>

Dear Mr. Mueller, as I am sure you are probably aware, Devin Nunes illegally used campaign funds to pay a propaganda website. Thought you would like to look into this as well.

Nunes is a sleeve...

So a meme with Jesus arm wrestling Hillary or the devil is “interference” in an election?

Of course there weren’t many anti-Trump memes on Facebook now was there?

:cuckoo:

While most breaking stories break on Twitter.. ads like these ones circulated FB by the thousands

fake_news.jpg

Yea, so what?

A rabid liberal in-law of mine believed in a fake News story that a fake Melania was appearing at press conferences with President Trump. She commented on the fake meme absolutely believing she was a fake.

The left are kings of propaganda, they just can’t stand it when the right use their own tactics.

Hey Hawk..

Nunes is busted for making a website full of Fake News website for the right..Did you hear about that?
Here is the fake twitter account Self Promoting himself.. I can not stand this punk

Post the fake news, all I read in another thread was an example of an "opinion" it was fake news.

I am sure it will be coming out Bear.. Fake News Propaganda I guess it is called..but he is in big trouble for>>>>

Dear Mr. Mueller, as I am sure you are probably aware, Devin Nunes illegally used campaign funds to pay a propaganda website. Thought you would like to look into this as well.

You mean this alternative facts web site?

Devin Nunes creates his own alternative news site

fake_news.jpg

Yea, so what?

Hey Hawk..

Post where he was wrong and be specific please

From your link...

Headlines include “CNN busted for peddling fake news AGAIN!,” “California’s budget future isn’t as good as it looks” and “Billions of dollars later, Democrats and the LA Times start to see the light on high-speed rail.”

In a jab at fellow California Rep. Ted Lieu — an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump — the site titled one blurb, “Dem CA Rep roasted on CNN, proceeds to make a fool of himself.”

Yea, so what?

Hey Hawk..

From your link...

Headlines include “CNN busted for peddling fake news AGAIN!,” “California’s budget future isn’t as good as it looks” and “Billions of dollars later, Democrats and the LA Times start to see the light on high-speed rail.”

In a jab at fellow California Rep. Ted Lieu — an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump — the site titled one blurb, “Dem CA Rep roasted on CNN, proceeds to make a fool of himself.”

I don't know if this is illegal or not but he used money from his campaign to run the website.

Hey Hawk..

From your link...

I don't know if this is illegal or not but he used money from his campaign to run the website.

If not illegal...it is unethical. But that doesn't mean much with the immoral Republican Party.

From your link...

If not illegal...it is unethical. But that doesn't mean much with the immoral Republican Party.

So rigging a DNC nomination with tax payer money is ethical and moral?

And on and on and on....

From your link...

So rigging a DNC nomination with tax payer money is ethical and moral?

And on and on and on....

Nope not ok...this is why the DNC is having to start over because it was unethical..

Unilever to Facebook and Google: Clean up digital 'swamp' or we'll pull ads

Gee....it takes a private company to have Fake News addressed...while the Liar in Chief plays stupid.

You better think again.. Places that value Free Speech over censorship like USMB will become virtually non-existent if you get your wish.. You REALLY WANT to get into vetting sources FOR folks? You believe they are TOO STUPID to do that for themselves?

Shame on you...

You'll be left with small low overhead backwater message boards without the resources or critical mass to offer enough content to draw folks in...

Gee....it takes a private company to have Fake News addressed...while the Liar in Chief plays stupid.

You better think again.. Places that value Free Speech over censorship like USMB will become virtually non-existent if you get your wish.. You REALLY WANT to get into vetting sources FOR folks? You believe they are TOO STUPID to do that for themselves?

Shame on you...

You'll be left with small low overhead backwater message boards without the resources or critical mass to offer enough content to draw folks in...

That's what they want.

Shame on you...

That's what they want.

See.. but that's the problem. They'll only want it on Boards and Media that THEY don't control. And they hold the "moral high ground" because the MEDIA belongs to them.

So ---- if USMB didn't get blacklisted because we ALLOW folks to confront haters and political radicals, we'd get it in the neck for being biased against the Left or some other silly accusations..

Shame on you...

That's what they want.

See.. but that's the problem. They'll only want it on Boards and Media that THEY don't control. And they hold the "moral high ground" because the MEDIA belongs to them.

So ---- if USMB didn't get blacklisted because we ALLOW folks to confront haters and political radicals, we'd get it in the neck for being biased against the Left or some other silly accusations..

Exactly, like every time I see a lefty post an article about fake news from some righty..

I look in the articles I don't see fake news , I see some ones opinion saying something is fake news.

Forum List

Back