Absolutely shameful behavior from Chipotle - closing shop where workers are unionizing

The entire problem with unions is they promote division. Management and workers should be partners who work together. Unions violate that trust.
I'm with Chipotle on this one.

That was pretty much my experience with the one union job I ever had. I loved the company as a whole, and my job there, but the union created an environment in which we workers and our managers were adversaries, rather than partners. Every other job that I have ever had, my managers, my colleagues, and myself, were all on the same side.

The entire problem with unions is they promote division. Management and workers should be partners who work together. Unions violate that trust.
I'm with Chipotle on this one.
But they aren't partners, and will never be as long as management makes every decision. I don't think you understand the concept of partnership.

Unions are OK in certain circumstances where ownership is grossly exploiting the workers.
Otherwise, it's more often a cancer that results in higher prices but less productivity & quality.
Plus, they always morph into a political action org that will use union dues to promote marxist ideology.
If they stuck strictly to collective bargaining & didn't constantly sacrifice the long term health of an industry for short term benefits, they would be much more popular here, like they used to be.

Unions are largely responsible for much of our manufacturing base fleeing overseas where they can still make a profit.

But they aren't partners, and will never be as long as management makes every decision. I don't think you understand the concept of partnership.
So the management (ownership) should let the workers make the decisions?
That's sounds like a great business plan, sure to result in more productivity & profits :rolleyes:

A business exists to make money for the owner, not the other way around

No. They aren’t partners. They are employees. They don’t get to co-opt someone else’s successful business just because the agreed to exchange their own time, and labor for the companies money. Fuck those employees.

Standing in solidarity with these workers.

Do you think the union organizers told workers there that unionizing might lead to the store being so unprofitable that owners might close the location? I'm guessing that wasn't part of their pitch to the employees? I'm also guessing that vote to unionize might go a different way now that they're all about to be out of a job?

THIS JUST IN..... GOT A COPY OF WORKER DEMANDS!!!!!!!!!.....

1) Remove transphobic "Man" and "Woman" symbol on bathrooms.
2) 5 minute social media expression breaks every 15 minutes.
3) Team members feel disrespected by calling customer requests as "orders". This is a violent word that is stressful and demeaning.
4) If customers are white, African American team members should not be forced to clean their tables. This is a violent reminder of their oppression caused by white privilege.

Forum List

Back