About to lose our old girl....

Gosh, this is always hard, no matter how old they are, no matter how much we reason they've had wonderful care and a great life. My heart goes out to you and your family. Give that male cat an extra hug from me!

Goto a pet store and buy a white mouse and set it loose in front of her. Least it will do is cheer her up a bit.

She is surrounded by toys that she used to play with. Right now they make comfortable pillows! I think she will pass soon though. She left her bed of the last few days and gave each of us a rub and strolled off to a dark part of the house. She's there now and so far no pain that we can determine.

Goto a pet store and buy a white mouse and set it loose in front of her. Least it will do is cheer her up a bit.

She is surrounded by toys that she used to play with. Right now they make comfortable pillows! I think she will pass soon though. She left her bed of the last few days and gave each of us a rub and strolled off to a dark part of the house. She's there now and so far no pain that we can determine.

I hope she passes in her dreams. RIP dear kitten.

So sorry Westie. Only those who have loved and been loved by a special cat knows what you are feeling. Like the others, I hope her passing is peaceful and non traumatic for her and you. Send you and your family a virtual hug.

We've talked about that long and hard. She doesn't seem to be in any pain. If she were I would help her over but so far she exhibits no symptoms of pain at all. She sits in her favourite window in her bed and watches the world.

Keep a close eye on her. If she stops eating and drinking..it's probably a good time to say goodbye.

She stopped eating a few days ago but still drinks water. And yes, she is allways with someone.

Have you tried chicken baby food and or AD prespction food?

Keep a close eye on her. If she stops eating and drinking..it's probably a good time to say goodbye.

She stopped eating a few days ago but still drinks water. And yes, she is allways with someone.

Yes, we tried everything in the house. I even got some mackerel which she enjoyed for awhile but for the last three days she turns away when we offer her anything. She's curled up sleeping now.

So sorry to hear about your kitty. I lost one last year at age 15. She died naturally. It's so sad to lose a loved one like this.

I mourned for over a year, and recently we have acquired four kittens.

Yes, we tried everything in the house. I even got some mackerel which she enjoyed for awhile but for the last three days she turns away when we offer her anything. She's curled up sleeping now.

no really..... gurbers chicken baby food and prescription highly palatable food from the vet.... not just food from around the house.

She passed in her sleep this morning. Momma is very sad, her lap cat is gone:( but she had a long and happy life. Thanks to all who responded in this sad time.

She passed in her sleep this morning. Momma is very sad, her lap cat is gone:( but she had a long and happy life. Thanks to all who responded in this sad time.

(((hugs)))

i am so so very sorry

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jos

My sadness for you, westwall, and kindess for kitty, who no longer suffers. Losing life pets disturb our lives terribly yet bless th em even more. You have the memories, and now I will go turn the pages in my albums and crack up and smile and get a tear in the eye as I look at more than 50 years of pets.

How blessed you have been and so are the memories.

Last edited:
Thank you, dearest Lord, for all of the little friends You let us have in our families over the decades and decades, thank You so much for them and our memories.

Last edited:

Look at the good side of things. It is new kitten time!

babyninja_201.jpg

Sorry to hear about the sad passing of your old girl. I'm happy she died peacefully and that she lived in such a loving home all of her life.

Thinking of you,

Sky

So sorry ((((((((((((((((((((((Westwall)))))))))))))))))))))
But wow, 22 years is a very long time......pets are very much a part of one's family. It's hard losing one....I hope you can have comfort in knowing the love you shared, the memories you have and maybe...a new kitten will be in the future (??)

But wow, 22 years is a very long time......pets are very much a part of one's family. It's hard losing one....I hope you can have comfort in knowing the love you shared, the memories you have and maybe...a new kitten will be in the future (??)

Thank you Dabs, we actually got litter mates about 5 months ago to give the old girl some company after our other old cat passed away (he made it to 21!) so we have some new little rat catchers allready. They are a joy to watch as they beat each other up:lol:

Thank you Dabs, we actually got litter mates about 5 months ago to give the old girl some company after our other old cat passed away (he made it to 21!) so we have some new little rat catchers allready. They are a joy to watch as they beat each other up:lol:

pics or it doesn't count!

Forum List

Back