About 900 U S Military Bases In The World

Either they pay us to stay and "protect" them or we get the hell out. We shouldn't be paying them for us protecting them. That's just stupid. It's an old and outdated foreign policy. So they either pay up or we bring em all home.

So we should just sell our military to the highest bidder?

We're already doing that and have been doing that for many years. The only difference right now is that we're paying them to allow our troops there to supposedly "protect" them. Why are we paying them? Just seems ludicrous to me. A very outdated foreign policy for sure. You want our protection? Either pay up or allow us to stay for free. Personally,i would prefer we just bring em all home though. Just my opinion anyway.

The war is not over in Korea, it is still a cease fire.

At this point we are still there because their government ASKED us to remain there longer.

How much does their government pay us to be there?

$694 million in 2011. 41% of it is in cash. 18% is paid in logistics cost sharing. And 41% is in construction programs, which are a mix of cash payments and in-kind payments.

The Japanese government has budgeted about $2.7 billion for U.S. troops.

Last edited:
These nations should be able to protect themselves by now. We don't belong in these countries. Most of these nations' citizens would spit on a U.S. Soldier if they had the chance. This has happened in the past. Their citizens don't want us there. It's time for a big change in foreign policy. Bring em home.

These nations should be able to protect themselves by now. We don't belong in these countries. Most of these nations' citizens would spit on a U.S. Soldier if they had the chance. This has happened in the past. Their citizens don't want us there. It's time for a big change in foreign policy. Bring em home.

Since when do Liberals give a flying fuck about our servicemen and women?

These people ENLISTED to serve their country. They volunteered. If the Commander In Chump wants to send them into harm's way, it's his fucking fault/decision - not theirs.
I served 20+ years and did what I was told to do. I took an oath. If you don't like how the military is being "spread out" to cover the many missions in this world - dial 911 and ask to speak to Barry Obama. Perhaps he'll be back from a round of golf to take your lame-dick call.

These people ENLISTED to serve their country. They volunteered. If the Commander In Chump wants to send them into harm's way, it's his fucking fault/decision - not theirs.
I served 20+ years and did what I was told to do. I took an oath. If you don't like how the military is being "spread out" to cover the many missions in this world - dial 911 and ask to speak to Barry Obama. Perhaps he'll be back from a round of golf to take your lame-dick call.

I'm not slamming the Military. They don't make these decisions. I'm not a Liberal either. I was just pointing out that most of these nations' citizens don't want us there. And we shouldn't be paying anyone for the right to "protect" them. It should certainly be the other way around. I just want us to scale back. These nations can defend themselves. It's time to come home.

I'm not slamming the Military. They don't make these decisions. I'm not a Liberal either. I was just pointing out that most of these nations' citizens don't want us there. And we shouldn't be paying anyone for the right to "protect" them. It should certainly be the other way around. I just want us to scale back. These nations can defend themselves. It's time to come home.

Horseshit. I lived overseas. The MAJORITY of Japanese, for example, want the U.S. military there and are actively involved with the American community / vice-versa. There are a handful of "kooks" - just like we have in the U.S. - who feel the need to protest every time a U.S. Navy "nuke" pulls into port. Usually - the protest size is about 20 "kooks." They are an embarrassment to the pro-American Japanese nationals. Ditto in Korea. Ollie can address Germany. I never served there.

Most of these nations' citizens would spit on a U.S. Soldier if they had the chance. .

Proof? Got results of a poll in "most of these nations" on the spitting issue? You ignorant fools don't even realize how lucky you are to be irrelevant.

Never heard one German citizen yelling out for Yankee to go home, except for former member of Bader-Meinhof, and they are either dead or in prison........... Germans figured out how to deal with terrorists...... Of course we did go home, would you like to see what some of the bases look like today?
293683_2131810608762_1050912578_32466279_2699886_n.jpg

310323_2131817408932_1050912578_32466291_1689051_n.jpg

309268_2131834969371_1050912578_32466321_2948487_n.jpg

25326_1210545154355_1550536691_30480322_5785194_n.jpg

25326_1210545114354_1550536691_30480321_7788972_n.jpg

More than likely no more than 600 of them overseas. The second world war has been over for 66 years but we have hundreds of bases in Germany and Japan.

The war in Korea has been over for 58 years but we have 75,000 troops there.

WE should get our asses out of the middle eastern oil countries where we have maintained a presence all of my life...'course I'm just 77.

How would you feel if there were foreign troops in Texas and California? Probably like blowing something up.

This should all be common sense, and then we could use that common sense against our 2 beloved parties who encourage this stuff and make it worse every year.

Sadly, it's not common sense.

If America withdrew from world leadership there would be a massive world war within 20 years, many millions of deaths including in America, and a world economy in shambles except for commerce in weaponry.

Here's one example of how well their fearmongering has worked.

More than likely no more than 600 of them overseas. The second world war has been over for 66 years but we have hundreds of bases in Germany and Japan.

The war in Korea has been over for 58 years but we have 75,000 troops there.

WE should get our asses out of the middle eastern oil countries where we have maintained a presence all of my life...'course I'm just 77.

How would you feel if there were foreign troops in Texas and California? Probably like blowing something up.

The war is not over in Korea, it is still a cease fire.

At this point we are still there because their government ASKED us to remain there longer.
As is the case in most of the countries we have bases in. When I was in the USAF I wish I would have went over seas, but never got orders.

Oh Boo Fucking Hoo.

I am so sick and tired of you assholes bitching about our military.

It's too big, we're in too many countries, we have too many bases.

Fuck you and go learn the second language of your choice. You will need it.

Facts are that the military presence in Europe has been cut by over 50% since the 1980's. There is not one US military base left that I was stationed at in Europe and i served 14 years based over there.

The US Military is smaller than it has been since the Korean cease fire started.

Can we and should we close more of our bases overseas? Yes and we are, but when you listen to all these crybabies it seems they just want us to rely on the Boys scouts instead of our military.

I tell you to just STFU and go thank a veteran.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Never heard one German citizen yelling out for Yankee to go home, except for former member of Bader-Meinhof, and they are either dead or in prison........... Germans figured out how to deal with terrorists...... Of course we did go home, would you like to see what some of the bases look like today?
293683_2131810608762_1050912578_32466279_2699886_n.jpg

310323_2131817408932_1050912578_32466291_1689051_n.jpg

309268_2131834969371_1050912578_32466321_2948487_n.jpg

25326_1210545154355_1550536691_30480322_5785194_n.jpg

25326_1210545114354_1550536691_30480321_7788972_n.jpg

What a great use of taxpayer dollars done there................................

Oh Boo Fucking Hoo.

Facts are that the military presence in Europe has been cut by over 50% since the 1980's. There is not one US military base left that I was stationed at in Europe and i served 14 years based over there.

The US Military is smaller than it has been since the Korean cease fire started.

Can we and should we close more of our bases overseas? Yes and we are, but when you listen to all these crybabies it seems they just want us to rely on the Boys scouts instead of our military.

I respect the passion but that's not what people are saying.

It's not the military who decides where to warmonger, where to build bases, where to be sent, what size budgets to make, it's bureacrats and politicians.

That's who we're speaking out about.

Thats not necessarily true, alot of the people in those countries are actually glad we are there because their businesses make alot of money from US Service members.

Oh Boo Fucking Hoo.

It's not the military who decides where to warmonger, where to build bases, where to be sent, what size budgets to make, it's bureacrats and politicians.

So what size would you like our Military to be? Which other bases should we close? Most of what we have left in Europe is basically a forward operating base and one of the biggest units left is actually Landstuhl Hospital complex and their support units. Maybe we should close them down, there would be another thousand or so dead troops from the middle east that way......... But then you don't think we should be in Afghanistan or Iraq do you. If we have what some are advocating then you'd better start brushing up on your Farsi and studying the Qur'an. You may just need it.

In a perfect world we would need no military for there would never be a war. But we live in a far from perfect world, and for the past 200+ years the US Military has kept your freedoms for you. They are doing a fine job without being cut any further. Fact is they have already been cut further than I feel comfortable with. And the apathy I see from so many today makes that even worse......

I have doubts that my Great Grandchildren will know our freedoms......

Oh Boo Fucking Hoo.

So what size would you like our Military to be? Which other bases should we close? Most of what we have left in Europe is basically a forward operating base and one of the biggest units left is actually Landstuhl Hospital complex and their support units. Maybe we should close them down, there would be another thousand or so dead troops from the middle east that way......... But then you don't think we should be in Afghanistan or Iraq do you. If we have what some are advocating then you'd better start brushing up on your Farsi and studying the Qur'an. You may just need it.

In a perfect world we would need no military for there would never be a war. But we live in a far from perfect world, and for the past 200+ years the US Military has kept your freedoms for you. They are doing a fine job without being cut any further. Fact is they have already been cut further than I feel comfortable with. And the apathy I see from so many today makes that even worse......

I have doubts that my Great Grandchildren will know our freedoms......

The whole argument is to close the bases AND bring the troops home so they aren't being killed by middle easterners.

No I don't think we should be in either.

No I don't need to read the Q'uran to know what it takes to defend the U.S. Us blowing up Iraq and us nation building in Afghanistan has nothing to do with the Q'uran.

I have no issue with the troops and they do protect this country, I repeat my issue is with bureacrats and politicians. I agree with you, our bureacrats and politicians will keep taking freedoms away and things will be worse for your great grandchildren than they were for you.

If all is so well,why are we paying all these countries to be there and "protect" them? If they loved and needed us so much,why are they charging us an arm and a leg to be in their country? Why aren't they paying us or just not charging us at all? These are fair questions in my opinion. I'm not insulting our Military asking these questions. Lets simply leave those nations who are charging us to be there. That would be a nice start for me.

Being that theres a war currently going on our borders with the "drug gangs"...I'd like to see a few more bases opened up there with maybe 20-30 thousand troops stationed there. Afghanistan isn't worth one more dead US service member..Not when just across our border theres a blood bath going on(15,000 a year in 2010). Lets take care of business that concerns us.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back