A Vulture Fund Has Bought My Mortgage

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
No payment has ever been missed on the home loan.

This week the vulture fund’s agent wrote to me and my wife Emer demanding that we get a garda to certify who we are and provide it with two utility bills to prove our identities.

Yet, the letter demanding this is not signed by any individual.

It merely ends with “Yours sincerely, Pepper Financial Services”.

Charlie Weston: The day the vulture funds came for me - Independent.ie

Vulture funds are hot topic in Ireland, they buy mortgages and business loans, at massive discounts. Under special tax rules in they don't pay tax. Unlike banks, vulture funds aren't regulated in Ireland. Some vulture funds have a ruthless reputation, liquidating assets of profitable businesses to make a quick buck.

Vulture funds are hot topic in Ireland, they buy mortgages and business loans, at massive discounts. Under special tax rules in they don't pay tax. Unlike banks, vulture funds aren't regulated in Ireland. Some vulture funds have a ruthless reputation, liquidating assets of profitable businesses to make a quick buck.
I would have a lawyer investigate it before you do anything. Or call your reg mortgage and make sure it’s legit.

What makes you think they are a vulture fund? My mortgages have been sold many times over the years, we just pay the bill and our principle goes down every month.

Forum List

Back