A surprising request from Justice Scalia

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
He supported Kagan for the court

"Let me put a finer point on it," the justice said, in a lower, purposeful tone of voice, his eyes fixed on mine. "I hope he sends us Elena Kagan."

I was surprised that a member of the court would so bluntly propose a nominee, and intrigued that it was Kagan, the former Harvard Law School dean who was appointed solicitor general by Obama to represent the government before the Supreme Court. Though she had worked on policy in the Clinton administration and had a reputation for pragmatism, Kagan plainly would be a liberal in the context of the court.

J

Later, I learned that Scalia and Kagan were friends, though I suspect she would have been as surprised as I was at the brazenness of Scalia's suggestion.

So much so that a conservative lion would lobby the President's adviser for his liberal friend. Thank you, Justice Scalia, for your service to our country.

David Axelrod: A surprise request from Justice Scalia - CNN.com

Last edited:
friends with mortal enemies , i don't know how it is possible . ------------- another example , the 'bushes' supposedly like the obamas and clintons .

"Let me put a finer point on it," the justice said, in a lower, purposeful tone of voice, his eyes fixed on mine. "I hope he sends us Elena Kagan."

I was surprised that a member of the court would so bluntly propose a nominee, and intrigued that it was Kagan, the former Harvard Law School dean who was appointed solicitor general by Obama to represent the government before the Supreme Court. Though she had worked on policy in the Clinton administration and had a reputation for pragmatism, Kagan plainly would be a liberal in the context of the court.

J

Later, I learned that Scalia and Kagan were friends, though I suspect she would have been as surprised as I was at the brazenness of Scalia's suggestion.

So much so that a conservative lion would lobby the President's adviser for his liberal friend. Thank you, Justice Scalia, for your service to our country.

Six Roman Catholics and three Jewish members on the Supreme Court with nary a Protestant as representation....seems like the court is stacked to me....and 5 of those Justices are Jesuit trained...coincidence? I think not.

"Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia has been remembered by his ideological opponent Ruth Bader Ginsburg today in a touching statement, a day after he died from an apparent heart attack in Texas.

The late Justice Scalia, a renowned conservative, and his liberal best friend on the Supreme Court, Ginsburg, put ideology aside to strike up one of Washington's most memorable friendships.

In a statement released today Ginsburg called the late justice her 'treasured friend.'

'From our years together at the D.C. Circuit, we were best buddies,' she wrote.

'He was a jurist of captivating brilliance and wit, with a rare talent to make even the most sober judge laugh,' she noted.

'The press referred to his "energetic fervor," "astringent intellect," "peppery prose," "acumen," and "affability," all apt descriptions,' Ginsburg continued. 'He was eminently quotable, his pungent opinions so clearly stated that his words never slipped from the reader's grasp.'

Read more: Antonin Scalia and Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Supreme Court besties
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"

Just part of it. The odd couple. Too cool.

3133DE4B00000578-0-image-a-4_1455471161211.jpg

Also in 1994, Antonin Scalia and Ruth Bader Ginsburg visited India and rode an elephant. Scalia poked fun at Ginsburg's feminist friends for remarking on the fact that she had to sit behind him on the elephant. She suggested 'it was a matter of distribution of weight'

"Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia has been remembered by his ideological opponent Ruth Bader Ginsburg today in a touching statement, a day after he died from an apparent heart attack in Texas.

The late Justice Scalia, a renowned conservative, and his liberal best friend on the Supreme Court, Ginsburg, put ideology aside to strike up one of Washington's most memorable friendships.

In a statement released today Ginsburg called the late justice her 'treasured friend.'

'He was a jurist of captivating brilliance and wit, with a rare talent to make even the most sober judge laugh,' she noted.

'The press referred to his "energetic fervor," "astringent intellect," "peppery prose," "acumen," and "affability," all apt descriptions,' Ginsburg continued. 'He was eminently quotable, his pungent opinions so clearly stated that his words never slipped from the reader's grasp.'

Also in 1994, Antonin Scalia and Ruth Bader Ginsburg visited India and rode an elephant. Scalia poked fun at Ginsburg's feminist friends for remarking on the fact that she had to sit behind him on the elephant. She suggested 'it was a matter of distribution of weight'

The U.S Supreme Court is just a corporate entity of USA.INC and they always rule on behalf of their corporate bosses which are the majority shareholders in USA.INC...all goes back to the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of 1933 when the banking oligarchs finally got full control over this nation. Nothing that we have been taught about history as it pertains to this nation has any truth to it....and sadly, that is a fact.

I think that I am finally starting to understand what an Oligarchy is . --------- Also , friends with the enemy just just make any sense to me !!

J

Six Roman Catholics and three Jewish members on the Supreme Court with nary a Protestant as representation....seems like the court is stacked to me....and 5 of those Justices are Jesuit trained...coincidence? I think not.
With some luck, they'll keep preventing yours and others magical beliefs from sullying our constitution :thup:

J

With some luck, they'll keep preventing yours and others magical beliefs from sullying our constitution :thup:

I guess you have no education about what the Jesuits believe........eh?

J

Here I'll go put on my tinfoil hat and read whatever link about the Jesuits you want to give me.

J

Here I'll go put on my tinfoil hat and read whatever link about the Jesuits you want to give me.

I know more than you...FACT. I am so far ahead of what you perceive to be "truth" that it would be akin to me trying to explain Boolean algebra to an autistic 5 year old......continue to live in your little bubble. I have to say that there is a tiny sorry side of me that is going to take a certain amount of satisfaction when the SHTF because you don't have the faintest clue as to what is in store for you...I do and have prepared accordingly for me and mine......you are on your own.

The U.S Supreme Court is just a corporate entity of USA.INC and they always rule on behalf of their corporate bosses which are the majority shareholders in USA.INC...all goes back to the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of 1933 when the banking oligarchs finally got full control over this nation. Nothing that we have been taught about history as it pertains to this nation has any truth to it....and sadly, that is a fact.
"Nothing that we have been taught about history as it pertains to this nation has any truth to it....and sadly, that is a fact."

You really are a crackpot. NOTHING? I suppose all the television footage was produced in Hollywood Studios.

LMAO!

J

I need to wear one, too. This guy is a tinfoiler and about as bad as they come.

"Nothing that we have been taught about history as it pertains to this nation has any truth to it....and sadly, that is a fact."

You really are a crackpot. NOTHING? I suppose all the television footage was produced in Hollywood Studios.

LMAO!
I am infinitely more informed and better read than you are. You really aren't very bright if you can't see what has taken place even since Kennedy died. Do some research about how USA.INC filed bankruptcy in 1933 and then made everyone born there after as surety on the debt. Learn, grow, evolve.

Proof that adults in the Real World can agree to disagree and still maintain a friendship on the basis of the things they do agree on.

Or, IOW, message boards are not a reflection of reality.

J

Holy shit, Dale....*another* batshit conspiracy theory?

LMAO!
I am infinitely more informed and better read than you are. You really aren't very bright if you can't see what has taken place even since Kennedy died. Do some research about how USA.INC filed bankruptcy in 1933 and then made everyone born there after as surety on the debt. Learn, grow, evolve.

Laughing.....really? Then why so much of you conspiracy horseshit collapsed over in the conspiracy board when we subjected it to the facts?

Remember those 'missile batteries around the pentagon' that your vast research convinced you existed?

Remember how the Airfones on Flight 77 were 'all turned off' per your 'evolution'?

Remember how the hapless conspiracy horseshit you gobbled convinced you that the Pentagon was 'some of the most secure airspace in the US'....despite being 3000 FEET from a major airport runway?

Remember the 2.3 trillion dollars that you believe was 'missing' and the motivation of 911? How'd that work out again?

Dale, you're just another silly conspiracy theorist who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. And is just repeating what he was told to think.

J

You stupid little cocksucker!
Here's what Scalia said to Mike Wallace about who Scalia would want to replace him: Scalia answered, “Well of course. I would not like to be replaced by someone who immediately sets about undoing what I’ve tried to do for 25–26 years. I mean, I shouldn’t have to tell you that, unless you think I’m a fool.” Oh ya asshole. It's on video tape. Not just something someone 'claims' they heard but have zero proof.

Read more: Scalia 2012: I Would Not Like To Be Replaced By Someone Who Would Undo Everything I Did [VIDEO]
Maybe some day you'll be so embarrassed from making a total fool of yourself habitually you'll fucking do us all a favor.

Yes Guno. Unlike you retarded liberals....we can think independently from partisan politics at times.

Forum List

Back