A Soap Maker Cracks the Code to ‘Made in America’

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
NEW ALBANY, Ohio— A $7.95 bottle of Bath & Body Works foaming hand soap used to take three months to put together. The pieces had to travel more than 13,000 miles from China, Canada and Virginia to the company’s Ohio distribution center.

Bath & Body Works decided it needed to get new products to market more quickly. The result was a production initiative with little parallel in corporate America.

Now every step of production occurs at plants just feet from each other on the company’s dedicated “beauty park” on the outskirts of Columbus. One factory makes the foaming pump and mechanism. Another makes the bottle itself, a third makes the label, a fourth makes the soap, fills the bottle, attaches the label and screws on the top. A fifth packages it. Getting a bottle to distribution is down to 21 days and a few miles. A majority of Bath & Body Works products, which are sold in its own stores, are made on site.

The Biden administration is spending hundreds of billions of dollars aimed at boosting the domestic presence of industries deemed strategic, including electric cars, batteries and semiconductors.

The government money, along with roaring consumer demand and persistent supply-chain issues, are leading to a factory building boom, with spending at its highest level in at least 20 years. Over the next decade, public and private investment will amount to $3.5 trillion, the government estimates.

Other politicians talk about bringing jobs home and yet still manufacture their political promotional items in China. Biden not only talks the talk but walks the walk. Good to see that even WSJ is giving Biden credit where credit is due.

don't worry. ceos still believe in globalization and "just in time" inv.entory

Biden is throwing money at a small percentage of the car market that isnt reasonable for much of the country? Imagine that.
Biden is also promoting the semiconductor industry which is worth upwards of 500 billion worldwide. Learn to read. :itsok:

Biden is also promoting the semiconductor industry which is worth upwards of 500 billion worldwide. Learn to read. :itsok:
I did read that, dumbass. I just didnt bother to comment on it.
Biden not only talks the talk but walks the walk
I read that too, but didnt comment that biden can literally barely walk.
You low standards having dumbfuck :itsok:

NEW ALBANY, Ohio— A $7.95 bottle of Bath & Body Works foaming hand soap used to take three months to put together. The pieces had to travel more than 13,000 miles from China, Canada and Virginia to the company’s Ohio distribution center.

Bath & Body Works decided it needed to get new products to market more quickly. The result was a production initiative with little parallel in corporate America.

Now every step of production occurs at plants just feet from each other on the company’s dedicated “beauty park” on the outskirts of Columbus. One factory makes the foaming pump and mechanism. Another makes the bottle itself, a third makes the label, a fourth makes the soap, fills the bottle, attaches the label and screws on the top. A fifth packages it. Getting a bottle to distribution is down to 21 days and a few miles. A majority of Bath & Body Works products, which are sold in its own stores, are made on site.

The Biden administration is spending hundreds of billions of dollars aimed at boosting the domestic presence of industries deemed strategic, including electric cars, batteries and semiconductors.

The government money, along with roaring consumer demand and persistent supply-chain issues, are leading to a factory building boom, with spending at its highest level in at least 20 years. Over the next decade, public and private investment will amount to $3.5 trillion, the government estimates.

Other politicians talk about bringing jobs home and yet still manufacture their political promotional items in China. Biden not only talks the talk but walks the walk. Good to see that even WSJ is giving Biden credit where credit is due.

Um, how long did it take BBW to figure this out? And Biden's been in government for over 50 years, so it's a little late for him to try and take credit for solving a problem he was a part of creating.

Sounds like an assembly line that has been around 150 years or so.

I did read that, dumbass. I just didnt bother to comment on it.

I read that too, but didnt comment that biden can literally barely walk.
You low standards having dumbfuck :itsok:
Sure, you did. Next time, learn to read before commenting. Will help you look less of a fool. Good luck. :itsok:

Um, how long did it take BBW to figure this out? And Biden's been in government for over 50 years, so it's a little late for him to try and take credit for solving a problem he was a part of creating.
Another day, another retard. :sleeping-smiley-015:

Thanks for your contribution.

You are grasping for air a bit too hard bro. Good grief.
Well, I did grasp that you are a retard who blundered into a thread without knowing how to read and is now trying to cover it up.

How am I doing?

Wait…you read it and still got it wrong? I was right, you really are a retard. :itsok:

First you say, i ignored parts of the OP, now i got it wrong? Which is it, you desperate dumbfuck?
I understand you being upset over your failed OP, though. :itsok:

First you say, i ignored parts of the OP, now i got it wrong? Which is it, you desperate dumbfuck?
I understand you being upset over your failed OP, though. :itsok:
I gave you the benefit of the doubt thinking you missed it but you claimed you read it and still got it wrong.

That’s the reason why you are a retard. Let me know if you are still confused. :itsok:

Forum List

Back