Zone1 A Simple Experiment That Can Demonstrate WHY You Don't See Racism While Others Do

As IM2 pointed out, purchasing slaves was often a mechanism used to rescue family members

What a crock of shit.

If blacks were buying family members...why didn't they free them the minute after they bought them?

Here's a little educational material...

The fact is large numbers of free Negroes owned black slaves; in fact, in numbers disproportionate to their representation in society at large. In 1860 only a small minority of whites owned slaves.

The census also determined that there were fewer than 385,000 individuals who owned slaves (1). Even if all slaveholders had been white, that would amount to only 1.4 percent of whites in the country

Duke University professor John Hope Franklin, records that in New Orleans over 3,000 free Negroes owned slaves, or 28 percent of the free Negroes in that city

In Charleston, South Carolina in 1860 125 free Negroes owned slaves; six of them owning 10 or more.

LOTS more at link!

NOTES

1. The American Negro: Old World Background and New World Experience, Raymond Logan and Irving Cohen New York: Houghton and Mifflin, 1970), p.72.

2. Black Masters: A Free Family of Color in the Old South, Michael P. Johnson and James L. Roak New York: Norton, 1984), p.64.

3. The Forgotten People: Cane River's Creoles of Color, Gary Mills (Baton Rouge, 1977); Black Masters, p.128.
4. Male inheritance expectations in the United States in 1870, 1850-1870, Lee Soltow (New Haven, 1975), p.85.

5. Black Masters, Appendix, Table 7; p.280.

6. Black Masters, p. 62.

7. Information on the Ellison family was obtained from Black Masters; the number of slaves they owned was gained from U.S. Census Reports.

8. In 1860 South Carolina had only 21 gin makers; Ellison, his three sons and a grandson account for five of the total.

9. Neither Black Nor White: Slavery and Race Relations in Brazil and the United States, Carl N. Degler (New York, Macmillan, 1971), p.39;
Negro Slavery in Louisiana, Joe Gray Taylor (Baton Rouge, 1963), pp. 4041.

10. Reconstruction: America's Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877, Eric Foner (New York; Harper & Row, 1988), p. 47; pp. 353-355.

What a crock of shit.

If blacks were buying family members...why didn't they free them the minute after they bought them?

The fact is large numbers of free Negroes owned black slaves; in fact, in numbers disproportionate to their representation in society at large. In 1860 only a small minority of whites owned slaves.

The census also determined that there were fewer than 385,000 individuals who owned slaves (1). Even if all slaveholders had been white, that would amount to only 1.4 percent of whites in the country

Duke University professor John Hope Franklin, records that in New Orleans over 3,000 free Negroes owned slaves, or 28 percent of the free Negroes in that city

In Charleston, South Carolina in 1860 125 free Negroes owned slaves; six of them owning 10 or more.

LOTS more at link!

NOTES

1. The American Negro: Old World Background and New World Experience, Raymond Logan and Irving Cohen New York: Houghton and Mifflin, 1970), p.72.

2. Black Masters: A Free Family of Color in the Old South, Michael P. Johnson and James L. Roak New York: Norton, 1984), p.64.

3. The Forgotten People: Cane River's Creoles of Color, Gary Mills (Baton Rouge, 1977); Black Masters, p.128.
4. Male inheritance expectations in the United States in 1870, 1850-1870, Lee Soltow (New Haven, 1975), p.85.

6. Black Masters, p. 62.

7. Information on the Ellison family was obtained from Black Masters; the number of slaves they owned was gained from U.S. Census Reports.

8. In 1860 South Carolina had only 21 gin makers; Ellison, his three sons and a grandson account for five of the total.

9. Neither Black Nor White: Slavery and Race Relations in Brazil and the United States, Carl N. Degler (New York, Macmillan, 1971), p.39;

10. Reconstruction: America's Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877, Eric Foner (New York; Harper & Row, 1988), p. 47; pp. 353-355.

You will note that IM2 nd Newsvine will NEVER hold any blacks responsible for any wrongdoing.

I'm glad to hear you say this because there were a couple of white women pushing a baby stroller through my flower bed and until my patio.

F'ing prowlers, so inconsiderate.

a400f060-b18c-4be6-a361-69e81f7440ac_text.gif

What a crock of shit.

LOTS more at link!

NOTES

6. Black Masters, p. 62.

I'll research this when I have time away from my main responsibilities

You know they're amateurs when they loot a dollar store :laughing0301:

Kinda like stealing $100,000 worth of nickels :auiqs.jpg:
Why is it that whites lead in arrests every year for property crime on the UCR but we have white morons talking about blacks looting?

You will note that IM2 nd Newsvine will NEVER hold any blacks responsible for any wrongdoing.
You will note that Lisa never talks about the much higher numbers of crimes whites commit every year.

The idea was to look for more examples starting tomorrow. Otherwise you risk falling into the common trap of thinking that 'sure the ________ folks that I work with are fine and good people, but I know that them others that I don't know are blah blah blah because I read about it or see it on tv.'

I mean, really. How likely is it that you happen to work at an oasis of good and decent white people in a desert of evil racist white people? Isn't it much more likely that when you get to know individual white people, it turns out that they are no better nor no worse than any other color?
LOL I'm REALLY having a hard time understanding where you're coming from.

Let me ask you something, have you ever read any of our civil rights laws or legal texts or constitutional interpretations, etc.? Because I have, out of necessity. For some reason you all believe that just because we are cognizant of a lot of acts which are actual violations of certain laws that it means that we go around hating white people for everything they have done, past present & future. Nobody can live their life that way, because there has been a LOT OF WRONG that has been done and unless it's your job and you're paid to do so, its not a healthy way to spend your life.

Therefore, we do what we can when we can, and leave the rest to hopefully the next person who comes along to do good works. It would appear, especially if you consider past behavior, that you all don't want things to get better for Black people, or you are unable to believe that things can improve for us without it necessarily coming at the expense of some brilliant white person.

• Brilliant
Reactions: IM2
Look you ignorant uneducated slime, whites have been given money and everything else by this government and you whine now because it's not enough.

You are boring me to tears.

I ask for NOTHING from the government because I know that is TAXPAYER MONEY!

If I can't get it myself I will do without! I don't need freebies handed to me in order to exist!

LOL I'm REALLY having a hard time understanding where you're coming from.

Let me ask you something, have you ever read any of our civil rights laws or legal texts or constitutional interpretations, etc.? Because I have, out of necessity. For some reason you all believe that just because we are cognizant of a lot of acts which are actual violations of certain laws that it means that we go around hating white people for everything they have done, past present & future. Nobody can live their life that way, because there has been a LOT OF WRONG that has been done and unless it's your job and you're paid to do so, its not a healthy way to spend your life.

Therefore, we do what we can when we can, and leave the rest to hopefully the next person who comes along to do good works. It would appear, especially if you consider past behavior, that you all don't want things to get better for Black people, or you are unable to believe that things can improve for us without it necessarily coming at the expense of some brilliant white person.
Yeah, it's awesome that you read a lot, it really is. Considering the insanely low black literacy rates, you are an excellent role model and I hope you don't get accused of "acting white" because of your love of reading.

I read plenty to get my B.A., and read and wrote even more to get my two M.S. degrees. I learned a lot from all my reading, and it included
our civil rights laws or legal texts or constitutional interpretations, etc.
Important words for all to read.

But . . . in order to form a valid world view, you would need to . . . view the world. Not just what you read in books. You need to use your book learning as a foundation from which to understand what you see around you, and vice-versa.

But, if you only read books that prime you to view the world through the lens of Critical Race Theory or any other guiding philosophy that tell you that you are a victim, then of course you will see your own victimization every place you look.

• Disagree
Reactions: IM2
Yeah, it's awesome that you read a lot, it really is. Considering the insanely low black literacy rates, you are an excellent role model and I hope you don't get accused of "acting white" because of your love of reading.

I read plenty to get my B.A., and read and wrote even more to get my two M.S. degrees. I learned a lot from all my reading, and it included

Important words for all to read.

But . . . in order to form a valid world view, you would need to . . . view the world. Not just what you read in books. You need to use your book learning as a foundation from which to understand what you see around you. But, if you only read books that prime you to view the world through the lens of Critical Race Theory or any other guiding philosophy that tell you that you are a victim, then of course you will see your own victimization every place you look.
What insanely low black literacy rates? Another stupid white racist stereotype.

Man, you really need to shut up.

Forum List

Back