A romance, a spy caper and a lawsuit against Netflix — the story of Cuban exiles in South Florida is moving to a courtroom.

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
It’s a legal conflict that centers on a love affair.
In the movie, Ana Maria Martinez is played by the bewitching Ana De Armas, dancing through nightclubs in backless dresses and marrying a handsome Cuban defector with a dark secret at a society wedding.
But in real life, Martinez is suing Netflix for defamation in South Florida federal court over her portrayal in the 2019 film “Wasp Network.”
The film, which dramatizes efforts by the Castro regime during the 1990s to infiltrate and spy on Cuban exile political groups in Miami, says it is “based on true events.”
But in her lawsuit, Martinez and her attorneys call the spy thriller’s version of the near past “false and defamatory.”

I seriously doubt that she is going to get it. I really do. I get that she feels burned.

It’s a legal conflict that centers on a love affair.
In the movie, Ana Maria Martinez is played by the bewitching Ana De Armas, dancing through nightclubs in backless dresses and marrying a handsome Cuban defector with a dark secret at a society wedding.
But in real life, Martinez is suing Netflix for defamation in South Florida federal court over her portrayal in the 2019 film “Wasp Network.”
The film, which dramatizes efforts by the Castro regime during the 1990s to infiltrate and spy on Cuban exile political groups in Miami, says it is “based on true events.”
But in her lawsuit, Martinez and her attorneys call the spy thriller’s version of the near past “false and defamatory.”

I seriously doubt that she is going to get it. I really do. I get that she feels burned.

I'm Tony Montanna!!!

Forum List

Back