A New Study Suggests That a Combination of These 4 Traits May Increase Early Heart Attack Risk

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
A New Study Suggests That a Combination of These 4 Traits May Increase Early Heart Attack Risk
... ..
  1. "Waist circumference of 102 centimeters or above for men and 88 centimeters or above for women." This equates to about 40.1 inches and 34.6 inches, respectively.
  2. High cholesterol levels measured at 6.1 mmol/l or above, which is roughly 236 mg/dL.
  3. High blood pressure, specifically "130 mmHg or higher systolic blood pressure and/or 85 mm Hg or higher diastolic blood pressure."
  4. High blood sugar levels with "fasting plasma glucose 5.6 mmol/l or higher," equating to about 101 mg/dL.
... ..
Remote : 2023-08-29T20:17:06Z
Local : 2023-08-29(Tuesday) 22 : 17 : 06

Found via NicerApp WebOS

FYI ;)

I saw this on the news, it was a long term study that concluded your weight greatly contributes to lowering your lifespan. I heard that this study mainly focused on women, as they have longer lifespan's than men, but it is the likely suspects: Weight, blood sugar, and cholesterol are all the silent killers.

I saw this on the news, it was a long term study that concluded your weight greatly contributes to lowering your lifespan. I heard that this study mainly focused on women, as they have longer lifespan's then men, but it is the likely suspects: Weight, blood sugar, and cholesterol are all the silent killers.
among the silent killers, yes, for sure.

i'm happy that after spending the last 7 years doing nothing but webcoding and eating pizzas (due to a sleep deprivation medical condition which forced me into psychiatry),
i'm finally taking up my martial arts exercises again, starting a few weeks ago.
i plan to replace smoking (another silent killer) with regular in-home exercises.
i'll turn my home into my personal 1-man dojo ;)

A new study? I knew this 40 years ago.

Did someone say sugar is the real enemy? Ha, you can not live without sugar. Your body needs sugar for your cells to function.

Forum List

Back