A Miami Ponzi schemer just got prison. Are you one of the investors he owes $23 million?

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
The lies Miami’s Jose Aman told about investments backed by $25 million in diamonds can’t be called worthless — they’ll cost Aman time, as in the federal prison sentence he received this week for wire fraud, and they cost 200 investors about $23,866,840.

But while the 51-year-old Aman can’t replace the seven years he was sentenced in prison, some of his victims can’t replace what they lost in his Ponzi scheme.

“Many of the victims suffered substantial financial hardship because of the scheme,” Aman’s admission of facts states. “Specifically, five or more victims suffered substantial losses to their retirement, savings or investment accounts; were forced to postpone their retirement plans; suffered substantial harm to their ability to retain credit; and/or made substantial changes to their living arrangements.”
A Miami fraudster steals retirement funds, gets sentenced | Miami Herald

I don't think seven years is long enough.

The lies Miami’s Jose Aman told about investments backed by $25 million in diamonds can’t be called worthless — they’ll cost Aman time, as in the federal prison sentence he received this week for wire fraud, and they cost 200 investors about $23,866,840.

But while the 51-year-old Aman can’t replace the seven years he was sentenced in prison, some of his victims can’t replace what they lost in his Ponzi scheme.

“Many of the victims suffered substantial financial hardship because of the scheme,” Aman’s admission of facts states. “Specifically, five or more victims suffered substantial losses to their retirement, savings or investment accounts; were forced to postpone their retirement plans; suffered substantial harm to their ability to retain credit; and/or made substantial changes to their living arrangements.”

"$25 million in diamonds"

Don't invest in what you don't understand.

Personally I think people who pull these scams should be drawn and quartered, not sent to prison for only 7 years.

Forum List

Back