CDZ A Good Time For Reflection

You need to reflect more.
You need to form coherent thoughts more often.

Obviously you don't like it when a white guy tells you to do something (reflect). Most black youth have the same problem w/ white cops. It's called 'learned behavior'.
I dont like it when anyone tells me to do something in a disrespectful manner. Reflecting is not going to change that. You dont know most Black youth so your opinion is not relevant.

No one likes being told to do something in a disrespectful manner, Asclepias. That is not something unique to one race. That is across the board - no one likes being treated disrespectfully. Unfortunately we live in an imperfect world where many people are downright rude! Some are confrontational and looking for trouble. This again - is not a race oriented problem but rather a problem with the human race which is why Jesus came - to redeem us and restore us to our right image - how we should be - walking as He did when He was on the earth - you know? A soft answer turns away wrath. If a young person was rude to me I would feel compelled to not react because that is not going to be of any help to them. It is easy to react - it is harder to "act" and in that to act in Christ and not apart from Him. I find that the angriest people are usually suffering from a spirit of fear. Many are harboring unforgiveness over some deep hurt or memory of a wrong done to them in the past. So there is torment involved. Tormented people are not happy people and so we can all afford to be compassionate towards others realizing that we do not know what they are going through.

I do understand that police vary and some have abused their power, some have no business wearing a badge because they have unresolved issues, and it is up to the department to identify these people and remove them. We need to allow law and order to prevail though - no matter the situation - we have a court system and it does work.
I was with you until you said the court system works. In the case of Black people it works against us. Thats one of the systems used by whites to maintain their strangle hold on ownership of most of the resources. There is no reason Black people are put in prison at a higher rate than whites when whites commit the same crime.

Just hear me out for a few minutes,. There was a time when that was the norm unfortunately and I am well aware of it as I have read enough history on it to know it is true - but you must also take this into account - - - If anything the pendulum has already swung the other way and we are seeing evidence of this in verdicts such as OJ Simpson who was guilty of murder yet acquitted. But on that very note let me say this. When there is injustice in a verdict you can be sure that those involved in the injustice shall pay the ultimate price because God is not mocked. Whatsoever a man sows that also shall he reap.

On the matter of OJ Simpson we see that the lawyers responsible for the injustice against Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman paid for it with their own lives and are in hell today for their refusal to do the right thing. This - you can be sure - is what will be the end result of those who imprison a person they know full well is innocent. Yes, when they find guilty someone who they know is innocent or acquit someone who they know is guilty but because of filthy lucre and a desire for fame and a better record twist the truth into a lie. They will not get away with it, Asceplias.

They will not get away with it although it may appear that they have. Do you think I do not feel compassion for prisoners in the prison system who are African American? I did bible study and correspondence for a very diverse group of people in prison and can assure you their race made no difference to me. Not one of them told me they were in prison for not having committed the crime and their crimes ranged from theft to murder. No one denied their crimes. One does not do that when one is seeking to know God and live a new life.

Thankfully all of those people were desiring to serve the LORD and some even had made plans to go into ministry afterwards. I apologize for saying the system works. I should have said some of the time the system works and when it does not work because of the evil devices of men or women on the take - it shall work in that God shall make sure they pay for their injustices against others in hell. What a price to pay for filthy lucre and a little bit of success in the world's eyes, eh?

How do I know that Kardashian and Cochran are in hell? Neither of them ever made restitution or openly admitted that what they did was wrong. They went to hell hiding what they had done even though the world knew full well about it already. Pride is a terrible thing, Isn't it? If a person is not willing to confess their sins they cannot be forgiven of them. A covered sin will not profit anyone. You might note that when O.J. was acquitted white people and Jews did not go into the streets and destroy the property of others, looting stores, and committing violent acts. There is no excuse for lawlessness, Asceplias. None. Those people will have to make restitution if possible - as well as confessing what they have done. (if they want to repent to God and avoid hell) God isn't grading on a curve for anyone.

Obviously you don't like it when a white guy tells you to do something (reflect). Most black youth have the same problem w/ white cops. It's called 'learned behavior'.
I dont like it when anyone tells me to do something in a disrespectful manner. Reflecting is not going to change that. You dont know most Black youth so your opinion is not relevant.

No one likes being told to do something in a disrespectful manner, Asclepias. That is not something unique to one race. That is across the board - no one likes being treated disrespectfully. Unfortunately we live in an imperfect world where many people are downright rude! Some are confrontational and looking for trouble. This again - is not a race oriented problem but rather a problem with the human race which is why Jesus came - to redeem us and restore us to our right image - how we should be - walking as He did when He was on the earth - you know? A soft answer turns away wrath. If a young person was rude to me I would feel compelled to not react because that is not going to be of any help to them. It is easy to react - it is harder to "act" and in that to act in Christ and not apart from Him. I find that the angriest people are usually suffering from a spirit of fear. Many are harboring unforgiveness over some deep hurt or memory of a wrong done to them in the past. So there is torment involved. Tormented people are not happy people and so we can all afford to be compassionate towards others realizing that we do not know what they are going through.

I do understand that police vary and some have abused their power, some have no business wearing a badge because they have unresolved issues, and it is up to the department to identify these people and remove them. We need to allow law and order to prevail though - no matter the situation - we have a court system and it does work.
I was with you until you said the court system works. In the case of Black people it works against us. Thats one of the systems used by whites to maintain their strangle hold on ownership of most of the resources. There is no reason Black people are put in prison at a higher rate than whites when whites commit the same crime.

Just hear me out for a few minutes,. There was a time when that was the norm unfortunately and I am well aware of it as I have read enough history on it to know it is true - but you must also take this into account - - - If anything the pendulum has already swung the other way and we are seeing evidence of this in verdicts such as OJ Simpson who was guilty of murder yet acquitted. But on that very note let me say this. When there is injustice in a verdict you can be sure that those involved in the injustice shall pay the ultimate price because God is not mocked. Whatsoever a man sows that also shall he reap.

On the matter of OJ Simpson we see that the lawyers responsible for the injustice against Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman paid for it with their own lives and are in hell today for their refusal to do the right thing. This - you can be sure - is what will be the end result of those who imprison a person they know full well is innocent. Yes, when they find guilty someone who they know is innocent or acquit someone who they know is guilty but because of filthy lucre and a desire for fame and a better record twist the truth into a lie. They will not get away with it, Asceplias.

They will not get away with it although it may appear that they have. Do you think I do not feel compassion for prisoners in the prison system who are African American? I did bible study and correspondence for a very diverse group of people in prison and can assure you their race made no difference to me. Not one of them told me they were in prison for not having committed the crime and their crimes ranged from theft to murder. No one denied their crimes. One does not do that when one is seeking to know God and live a new life.

Thankfully all of those people were desiring to serve the LORD and some even had made plans to go into ministry afterwards. I apologize for saying the system works. I should have said some of the time the system works and when it does not work because of the evil devices of men or women on the take - it shall work in that God shall make sure they pay for their injustices against others in hell. What a price to pay for filthy lucre and a little bit of success in the world's eyes, eh?

How do I know that Kardashian and Cochran are in hell? Neither of them ever made restitution or openly admitted that what they did was wrong. They went to hell hiding what they had done even though the world knew full well about it already. Pride is a terrible thing, Isn't it? If a person is not willing to confess their sins they cannot be forgiven of them. A covered sin will not profit anyone. You might note that when O.J. was acquitted white people and Jews did not go into the streets and destroy the property of others, looting stores, and committing violent acts. There is no excuse for lawlessness, Asceplias. None. Those people will have to make restitution if possible - as well as confessing what they have done. (if they want to repent to God and avoid hell) God isn't grading on a curve for anyone.
Seems to me you have great faith in your religion. For too long Black people have been told god will take care of all the injustice in the afterlife. Well what about this life? We still dont know for sure if OJ actually committed the murders. I do know that his acquittal was an aberration due to the people that made up the jury and the prosecutors tactics. When you have a prosecutor (white female) tell a group of jurors (Black females) that the victim (white female) had told the cops before that OJ would kill her, that prosecutor practically assured his acquittal. It didnt help that the cop (white guy) planted evidence. Black females know all the stories about Black men being hanged for saying "good day" to white women. His acquittal was more of a commentary on the evils white people have done over the years. It was not a sign that things were getting better.

I dont excuse lawlessness either. However, I do understand the reasons and the anger that drive the looting and rioting.

Seems to me you have great faith in your religion. For too long Black people have been told god will take care of all the injustice in the afterlife. Well what about this life? We still dont know for sure if OJ actually committed the murders. I do know that his acquittal was an aberration due to the people that made up the jury and the prosecutors tactics. When you have a prosecutor (white female) tell a group of jurors (Black females) that the victim (white female) had told the cops before that OJ would kill her, that prosecutor practically assured his acquittal. It didnt help that the cop (white guy) planted evidence. Black females know all the stories about Black men being hanged for saying "good day" to white women. His acquittal was more of a commentary on the evils white people have done over the years. It was not a sign that things were getting better.

I dont excuse lawlessness either. However, I do understand the reasons and the anger that drive the looting and rioting.

I have faith in God and only He knows if it is great or not. As for Black people being told God will take care of all injustices - it is not only Black people who are told that, Asceplias. Chinese people are told this, North Korean people are told this, people in Laos, Vietnam and Pakistan are told this. The Bible tells us that God says, Vengeance is mine.

Romans 12 19 Do not take revenge my dear friends but leave room for God s wrath for it is written It is mine to avenge I will repay says the Lord.

Now we have to believe God and not take vengeance into our own hands.

Our place is to ask the Lord to have mercy upon those who have sinned against us and to pray for them, to pray the Lord will save them. There isn't a person upon the earth that has not sinned and does not need the mercy of God. When you have mercy upon others, God has mercy upon you and when Satan comes to accuse you and petition God to attack you - even though you'd be guilty of whatever it is he is accusing you of you can counter petition that you have been merciful to others in their sins against you and remind the Lord that mercy triumphs over judgment! How about that? Would you like to prevail against the accuser of the brethren in the courtroom of God? Mercy triumphs over judgment. Are you saved? Then this is for you. If you are not saved, call upon the LORD and you shall be saved.

Forgiveness is freedom. Un-forgiveness is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies. (someone else said that) We are not to revisit the past unless it is to remember the good things God has done for us. That is not easy to do but as we discipline ourselves to do it - it will become easier. I realize that there are many injustices in the world and much one could be offended by and angered over but where does it end? The Jews have been the most oppressed people on the face of the earth - yet they are among the meekest too. Suffering has a refining result on us, it purifies us, it humbles us and in due time the LORD will lift us up if we do not turn. If we keep our minds stayed upon the LORD he will keep us in perfect peace. Even in the midst of great troubles. God loves you and understands you better than you understand yourself. Take comfort in acknowledging that, and trust in Him rather than leaning upon your own understanding.

conspiracy theory noted

In all fairness, unless a person was African American they would not fully understand the frustration and feelings of an African American about injustices that have taken place in the past. Have there been injustices against the African American people? Yes. There has. There has also been injustices done against other people groups for no other reason than for who they were. Be that Christian, Jewish, Muslim, African American and many other people groups besides. With that said, none of us have the right to destroy the property of others at random or commit acts of violence / lawlessness at random because of said injustices. That only makes things worse. Violence begets violence. Wrong is wrong and two wrongs do not make a right.

conspiracy theory noted

In all fairness, unless a person was African American they would not fully understand the frustration and feelings of an African American about injustices that have taken place in the past. Have there been injustices against the African American people? Yes. There has. There has also been injustices done against other people groups for no other reason than for who they were. Be that Christian, Jewish, Muslim, African American and many other people groups besides. With that said, none of us have the right to destroy the property of others at random or commit acts of violence / lawlessness at random because of said injustices. That only makes things worse. Violence begets violence. Wrong is wrong and two wrongs do not make a right.
At what point does turning the other cheek make the person doing wrong stop....in this life time?

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but actions speak louder than words. We should lead by individual example rather than group association.

conspiracy theory noted

At what point does turning the other cheek make the person doing wrong stop....in this life time?

I think it is not so much turning the other cheek but behaving respectfully oneself. Those with a huge chip on their shoulder to begin with--white or black or polka dot--are going to evoke a different attitude and reaction from others than those who begin interaction respectfully.

That goes to Jesus's admonishment to treat others as we wish to be treated.

conspiracy theory noted

I think it is not so much turning the other cheek but behaving respectfully oneself. Those with a huge chip on their shoulder to begin with--white or black or polka dot--are going to evoke a different attitude and reaction from others than those who begin interaction respectfully.

That still poses the same question. At what point does behaving respectfully start making a race of people that have historically caused issues against your race make them stop causing those issues? Its not like we are equal in wrong doing. One race has consistently enslaved, legally discriminated, and now covertly discriminated against the other. This cannot continue to go on and racist white people expect me to treat them well or not have a chip on my shoulder.

conspiracy theory noted

That still poses the same question. At what point does behaving respectfully start making a race of people that have historically caused issues against your race make them stop causing those issues? Its not like we are equal in wrong doing. One race has consistently enslaved, legally discriminated, and now covertly discriminated against the other. This cannot continue to go on and racist white people expect me to treat them well or not have a chip on my shoulder.

It will stop going on when the ones with the chip on their should are willing to stop putting it on their shoulder. As Morgan Freeman once said, race stops becoming an issue when we stop talking about it and start living and behaving as if it isn't an issue. When one side of whatever color insists that the other side are all guilty of whatever, all anybody can see is that chip on the shoulder and an invitation to fight.

conspiracy theory noted

It will stop going on when the ones with the chip on their should are willing to stop putting it on their shoulder. As Morgan Freeman once said, race stops becoming an issue when we stop talking about it and start living and behaving as if it isn't an issue. When one side of whatever color insists that the other side are all guilty of whatever, all anybody can see is that chip on the shoulder and an invitation to fight.
That sounds a lot like telling someone I wont rob your home if you give me your TV. I dont believe being meek and humble garners respect from people that dont understand respect. Morgan Freeman is clueless about racism being a celebrity. He should stick to acting. One side is wrong and the other side is right. You cant pretend whites are the ones that are not wrong on this issue. History tells us in undeniable terms this is the truth of the matter. Simply stop being racist pawns for the elite and there would be no issues.

conspiracy theory noted

Hard for a white person to take a chip off their shoulder when blacks are failing at EVERY level and blaming slavery.

That sounds a lot like telling someone I wont rob your home if you give me your TV. I dont believe being meek and humble garners respect from people that dont understand respect. Morgan Freeman is clueless about racism being a celebrity. He should stick to acting. One side is wrong and the other side is right. You cant pretend whites are the ones that are not wrong on this issue. History tells us in undeniable terms this is the truth of the matter. Simply stop being racist pawns for the elite and there would be no issues.

Well IF you have a chip on your shoulder that can't see the difference between real racism and assumed racism, then the chip isn't going to come off is it?

Hard for a white person to take a chip off their shoulder when blacks are failing at EVERY level and blaming slavery.

It is done by understanding that only some blacks are failing at every level and blaming slavery. Most black people are not. I prefer to assume that the black person I have just met is one of the latter and don't automatically assume he/she is one of the former. And I am much more likely to do that if he/she doesn't automatically assume I'm out to take his/her TV or enslave him/her or violate his/her rights because I'm not black.

If each does not expect the worst of the other from the get go and treat each other accordingly, then no problem will occur and it is just two human beings interacting in a normal way.

Well IF you have a chip on your shoulder that can't see the difference between real racism and assumed racism, then the chip isn't going to come off is it?
Yes IF you have a chip on your shoulder that cant see the difference then that would be a true statement. However, most Black people dont have that problem. If they did there would be a lot of dead white people in the resulting riots.

It is done by understanding that only some blacks are failing at every level and blaming slavery. Most black people are not. I prefer to assume that the black person I have just met is one of the latter and don't automatically assume he/she is one of the former. And I am much more likely to do that if he/she doesn't automatically assume I'm out to take his/her TV or enslave him/her or violate his/her rights because I'm not black.

If each does not expect the worst of the other from the get go and treat each other accordingly, then no problem will occur and it is just two human beings interacting in a normal way.

I agree with you, Foxfyre, that this is an individual decision. We cannot group all people together as if they all think exactly alike. That simply is not the case. I also believe there are people who are exploiting the African American people in Ferguson for their own selfish reasons and the main people instigating the riots and unrest are communists.

Lack of fathers and father figures in households teaching their sons to NOT fuck with cops.
One of the first lessons Black kids are taught is to be wary of cops. Economic status makes no difference.
Interestingly, one would think that if kids of any color are "taught" to beware of cops they'd also be taught to refrain from criminal acts (the one activity that will draw cops to scene quicker than any other).

I agree with you, Foxfyre, that this is an individual decision. We cannot group all people together as if they all think exactly alike. That simply is not the case. I also believe there are people who are exploiting the African American people in Ferguson for their own selfish reasons and the main people instigating the riots and unrest are communists.

I too believe there are those who are intentionally exploiting black people in Ferguson and elsewhere for their own self-serving reasons. I'm not sure they are communists though. I think more likely they intend to personally profit however they can from the situation. And I think most of those participating in the civil unrest don't give a damn about injustices or bad police behavior--probably some of them couldn't accurately describe what the protests are about if their lives depended on it. But it gives them an excuse to be violent and destructive and loot businesses or whatever and for that one cause is pretty much as good as another.

Lack of fathers and father figures in households teaching their sons to NOT fuck with cops.
One of the first lessons Black kids are taught is to be wary of cops. Economic status makes no difference.
Interestingly, one would think that if kids of any color are "taught" to beware of cops they'd also be taught to refrain from criminal acts (the one activity that will draw cops to scene quicker than any other).
The problem is that you dont have to be doing anything criminal. Every Black male i know has at least 1 experience with cops and they were not doing anything criminal.

The problem is that you dont have to be doing anything criminal. Every Black male i know has at least 1 experience with cops and they were not doing anything criminal.

The police do profiling. They may not advertise it but the truth is they are not only looking at what you do but what others do that you associate with. So if you are a friend or a relative of Jesse James you get examined more closely. You may be pulled over and asked to get out of the car so they can search it - yet you didn't commit any traffic violation. They could investigate you without your even knowing it, they could examine your emails, track all the IP addresses to those emails, and look at those people too. They could have a file as big as a telephone book on you just from your writings on a message board. That is the reality of the situation, Asceplias. Who you hang out with does matter - it attracts attention to you - because they are trying to connect the dots and that is one way it is done. As for a relative involved with criminal activity - there is not much you can do about it other than to have nothing to do with that individual until they repent and get out of whatever they are into.

Forum List

Back