Gold Supporting Member
- Apr 29, 2017
- Reaction score
- On The Way Home To Earth
Late last night I caught Amanpour (sp?) on PBS and they were discussing the election so I decided to listen for about 20 minutes. I was struck by a number a seeming gaping holes in their "professional" analysis:
- The host was interviewing two women who represented democrat activists. There was no one to give an opposing or contrary view, so conclusions were left unchallenged.
- The two women's interest was mainly in seeing Trump defeated still angry over Hillary's loss! Both were fairly young, and considered Hillary a highly "qualified" candidate; I would have loved to ask them how old they were when the Clintons were in the WH. I bet both were just kids then.
- In talking, they would often mention aims and goals without ever saying what they actually were like they were a given, yet the host repeatedly passed on asking them to expound on what they were!
- In talking, they would often say things with gaping holes so large in their assumptions, etc., that you could have flown an Airbus A490 through, yet the host repeatedly passed on doing any journalistic due diligence in testing or exploring anything they said, just shaking his head in agreement. Without testing assumptions, one has no way of knowing how accurate they are.
- The girls gave several empirical examples of their meeting and talking with Trump supporters and how this showed flagging support for Trump but again, without being tested.
- Then they brought on a lady who was supposedly a Harvard grad talking about democracy but I found it hard to believe she had a Harvard degree or if so, that it was rather sad. Apparently she thinks democracy is at stake.
- Apparently Trump doesn't like immigrants. And here I just though he wanted them to be legal. No test on this.
- Apparently Trump doesn't like healthcare either! And here I thought he just wanted BETTER healthcare. No test on this.
- Apparently Trump runs his campaign and administration based on Hate, because he criticizes and ridicules that which he disagrees with. Them. Don't you just hate that?!
- I would love to call PBS some time to tell them why I will never donate any money. Everything from the news to even their science programs is often imbued with one-sided, unchallenged, untested politics.