A false arrest

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Couple sues Rent-A-Center police over gun report arrest - Yahoo Finance

Does JoeB work for rent a center? Rentacenter went to repossess furniture and when they could not get in called the cops and falsely claimed the man had a firearm. he spent 5 days in jail on a false complaint. Hell the cops searched for almost 2 hours and found no firearm but doubled down on stupid.

Further the cops had no legal right to break into and search the home to begin with.

Hope this couple gets a ton of money.

I doubt it. The story id full of inconsistencies. He had a court date and they just missed a payment while she gave birth? Bullshit. He was arrested for disorderly conduct and obstruction so he's shit out of luck there. Just because they could find a gun doesn't mean he didn't have one, it's a odd thing to make up. And repoing the refer? They're supposed to take the food? I don't think so.

Some asshole didn't pay his bill and got shitty when they came to take the stuff back. Now he thinks he can get rich?

Couple sues Rent-A-Center police over gun report arrest - Yahoo Finance

Does JoeB work for rent a center? Rentacenter went to repossess furniture and when they could not get in called the cops and falsely claimed the man had a firearm. he spent 5 days in jail on a false complaint. Hell the cops searched for almost 2 hours and found no firearm but doubled down on stupid.

Further the cops had no legal right to break into and search the home to begin with.

Hope this couple gets a ton of money.

They were only a few days late but they already had a court date to resolve it? I think we're not getting the whole story.

Forum List

Back