A contestant for Miss USA said health care was a “privilege,” not a right. Minutes later, she won

There is far more to those figures than the nature of the health system, whiny Joe, but digging into detail is a waste of time with you.

You keep telling yourself that, but Occam's razor says otherwise.

simple answer... when everyone can access health care, people are healthier. This isn't fucking rocket science.

Once challenged, you'll just do The Joe Thing and start making shit up.

Guy, I've provided facts and figures, all you've given us are a lot of homilies about how the CEO's of Big Insurance are providing "innovation" (like denying people coverage for pre-existing conditions).

It's far more likely we'll end up with what I want than what you want, thankfully.

Try Cuba.

Probably won't have single payer in my lifetime, but at some point, we are going to all get tired of Big Insurance.

Oh, so yeah, let's drag out Cuba, which scares the shit out of you tools. So much you are still waging an economic war on it, 60 years later.

[
Agreed, health care is not a right.

It is, however, (a) good economics and (b) a fundamental sign of an advancing civilization.

There are no rights.

Any fool who thinks he has rights needs to look up "Japanese Americans, 1942".

What we have are privileges the rest of society thinks "yeah, that sounds reasonable".

The thing is, what sounds reasonable in theory is that no one should die from a treatable illness because they lack money.

In practice, though, that happens.

[

It is, however, (a) good economics and (b) a fundamental sign of an advancing civilization.

There are no rights.

What we have are privileges the rest of society thinks "yeah, that sounds reasonable".

The thing is, what sounds reasonable in theory is that no one should die from a treatable illness because they lack money.

We are born with natural rights. Health care is not one of them.

Health care is not a right. Where does it say that it is in the Bill of Rights?

There's nothing advanced, nor progressive, about coercive control over the needs of the plebes. It's been a staple of authoritarian government since the first warlord started spinning tales of dragons.

Fox broadcasts the pageant. Its expected.

Yes; take out the leftie bias and talent will always win out.

Are you saying that Kara would have lost elsewhere BECAUSE she holds the views she does?

Greg

Well last year it was also hosted by Fox and a black from DC won as well. Both work for the military. Go figure what a coincidence.
Lefties want a butch dyke who supported Hillary to win.

If you could not see the bias and set up , then you have to be blind, if you have insurance get your logical reasoning checked out.

Health care is not a right. Where does it say that it is in the Bill of Rights?
Agreed, health care is not a right. It is, however, (a) good economics and (b) a fundamental sign of an advancing civilization..
There's nothing advanced, nor progressive, about coercive control over the needs of the plebes. It's been a staple of authoritarian government since the first warlord started spinning tales of dragons.
Well, I'm selfish.

I don't like paying higher premiums because I'm also paying for the health care of those who can't afford it - and worse, because they don't have access to preventive and diagnostic services, and they're going to jam Emergency Rooms for pretty much everything, so their care is even MORE expensive.

I know that there is just barely enough empathy in our society that we're not going to leave children and the elderly and the most poor just rotting in the streets from coast to coast. So, knowing that, the question is how we keep that from happening.

[

There are no rights.

We are born with natural rights. Health care is not one of them.

Please list the natural rights were born with??

I know that there is just barely enough empathy in our society that we're not going to leave children and the elderly and the most poor just rotting in the streets from coast to coast. So, knowing that, the question is how we keep that from happening.

Single Payer.

Everyone is covered.

Open clinics in the poorer areas so they don't have to go to the emergency room.

Reduce all the red tape.

Well, I'm selfish.

I don't like paying higher premiums because I'm also paying for the health care of those who can't afford it - and worse, because they don't have access to preventive and diagnostic services, and they're going to jam Emergency Rooms for pretty much everything, so their care is even MORE expensive.

There are ways to fix those problems that don't involve forcing your neighbors to abide by your insurance preferences.

Well, I'm selfish.

There are ways to fix those problems that don't involve forcing your neighbors to abide by your insurance preferences.
Well, good luck with that. Toss out the ideas if you have them.

So how is that any different than you wanting big insurance to run things?
And, for the zillionth time, you just have to jump in and prove you have no idea what either you or I are talking about.

Freakin' bizarre.

I know exactly what you are talking about. You seem to think big insurance is the solution when THEY ARE THE PROBLEM.

The rest of the world has single payer, they pay less and get better results.

This isn't even complicated.

The single payer systems around the world are failing....they can't maintain them.....yet you want a failed system here.......you are an idiot.

Single payer systems are NOT FAILING. That is a lie big insurance and Pharma tell you so they can keep the profits rolling in.

All systems have issues and problems but our system is fiscally sound, and very efficient. The for profit system is less efficient and driven by the profit motive to limit claims and payouts.

Forum List

Back