A child left unprotected

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
On April 4, 2014, a 38-year-old resident of Bella Vista named Eric Cameron Francis was arrested by the Arkansas State Police for the rape of a 6-year-old girl in what the police said was his temporary care. Sexual crimes against children always attract a certain horrified attention, but this particular case earned additional scrutiny because Francis had recently worked as head teacher at a Christian preschool in West Fork owned by state Rep. Justin Harris (R-West Fork) and his wife, Marsha.

Harris, who said he was "devastated and sickened" by news of the abuse, told the Arkansas Times in April 2014 that Francis had been in his employ only about three months, from November 2013 to January 2014, before being fired for poor work attendance.

"He came with a pristine record," Harris said at the time, noting that Francis was also a youth pastor at a church and had worked previously in early childhood education for the Bentonville School District and with a Head Start program. Harris added that he was confident nothing had happened to any of the children at Growing God's Kingdom Preschool, because of strict security protocols (the classroom contains a continuously operating camera that generates a permanent record). Indeed, no further charges against Francis resulted from subsequent State Police interviews of families at the preschool, although investigators uncovered at least two other incidents of sexual abuse of children in the community outside of the school. In November, he was sentenced to 40 years in prison on a negotiated plea.

What Harris did not publicly disclose last spring, however, is how Francis came into contact with the 6-year-old victim. In prosecutor documents recently obtained by the Arkansas Times, state police investigators and multiple witnesses concur that the child was in fact the legally adopted daughter of Justin and Marsha Harris.
A child left unprotected Cover Stories Arkansas news politics opinion restaurants music movies and art

Way to go State Senator Harris. Given his position, his hands were tied.

It hurts to read this and makes me wish I believed in "hell".

For unknown reasons, about six months after the adoption was finalized, the Harrises sent the two girls to live with Eric Francis and his family in Bella Vista.

What do you wanna bet money changed hands?

cover_story1-3__4_.jpg

ERIC FRANCIS: "Everyone made mistakes before this all blew up, and I obviously made the biggest mistake."

There is no punishment that fits this crime.

Somewhere in these articles it says that he did pay for their care.

Is this a troll thread going after Christians, or a troll thread going after Republicans. Because neither are at fault for this.

Which troll thread are you?

hang him , problem solved at least in his case . Course a do gooder liberal expurt may get ahold of his case and eventually he 'might' end up in some neighborhood in a taxpayer funded halfway house . What , 40 years , the guy should be hung or jailed till death .

For unknown reasons, about six months after the adoption was finalized, the Harrises sent the two girls to live with Eric Francis and his family in Bella Vista.

cover_story1-3__4_.jpg

ERIC FRANCIS: "Everyone made mistakes before this all blew up, and I obviously made the biggest mistake."

he looks 'strong' and probably has big biceps, eh? :D

Is this a troll thread going after Christians, or a troll thread going after Republicans. Because neither are at fault for this.

Feelin' guilty, are you?

Which troll are you? Answer the damn question.

It's part of a larger issue.
Reuters Investigates - The Child Exchange

So both? The larger issue is this country being mired in depravity to the point you have to trip over a half dozen perverts before finding a good preschool teacher who won't bugger the kids. Still don't know why you're trying to pin this on Republicans or Evangelical Christians. Bigot much?

Feelin' guilty, are you?

So both? The larger issue is this country being mired in depravity to the point you have to trip over a half dozen perverts before finding a good preschool teacher who won't bugger the kids. Still don't know why you're trying to pin this on Republicans or Evangelical Christians. Bigot much?

Listen to me, you worthless little multiple Id cockroach-it's part of a larger issue. It is a current event. Get over it you spineless bitch.

Feelin' guilty, are you?

Listen to me, you worthless little multiple Id cockroach-it's part of a larger issue. It is a current event. Get over it you spineless bitch.

And so far you've failed to discuss it as a current event. That, and this cesspool spewing leaves intact my original assessment that you're a troll.

cover_story1-3__4_.jpg

Yeah there is, but libtards will protect the perverts rights.

Feelin' guilty, are you?

And so far you've failed to discuss it as a current event. That, and this cesspool spewing leaves intact my original assessment that you're a troll.

Sure I did. Where were you? Oh, that's right..........you got a little on your chin.

cover_story1-3__4_.jpg

Yeah there is, but libtards will protect the perverts rights.

It won't even be 20 years before pedophile rights will be front and center.

An experienced foster family that housed the two younger girls for a year and a half prior to their adoption by the Harrises has approached the Times with their story. Craig and Cheryl Hart say, among other things, the adoption was allowed to proceed over the objections of the foster parents and local DHS staff only because the head of the the Division of Children and Family Services (DCFS), Cecile Blucker, exerted pressure on behalf of Justin Harris. DCFS is the arm of DHS responsible for child welfare.

The Harts also say the middle sister — who would have been 4 years old at the time she entered the Harris home in 2012 — was not violent or dangerous. They claim the Harrises were warned repeatedly by themselves and local DHS staff that their home was not a suitable placement for the two girls or their older sister.

The third sister, who would have been about 6 when she entered the Harris home, was fostered at a different household that provided specialized therapeutic care for troubled children. The Harts had some contact with her as well, since DHS would sometimes arrange for the siblings to visit one another. Harris said on Friday the third girl threatened to kill his entire family.

A former DHS employee contacted by the Times confirmed that the Harts were indeed the foster family of the two younger girls (that is, the ones written about in our original story on the Harris case). The Harts provided an "excellent home," said the employee, who is familiar with the details of the Harris adoption.

Foster family disputes key statements from Justin Harris Arkansas Blog Arkansas news politics opinion restaurants music movies and art

It just gets better and better.

Forum List

Back