A Bed Wetter's End... a Basic Universal Income....

I posted this here because the title of the thread alone will get it sent to that badlands, but the point of the thread isn't really just intended to insult moonbat parasites. In fact there is no intent to insult or even really make fun of anyone here which is almost exotic considering it's one of MY THREADS.

In fact the concept of UBI is one of the lenses upon which I once viewed the future of humanity, people like Elon Musk, Andrew Yang (Schmuckerberg of AssBook is not "people" it's an animated douche) may have read the book
A Childhood's End and also envision a future of humanity where human labor has basically become obsolete.

It's a great Sci-Fi book I read in the early 90's and the idea that humanity could be absolved of having to provide for itself, be given unlimited luxury lifestyles provided by robotic labor and not fall into a behavioral sink is a great fantasy.

That said we may be on the verge of a period in which the "first world" no longer is required to "work" or really be all that "productive". I view it as dystopian of course, because it would require extreme regulation on prices, wages, and behavior to the extent humanity becomes little more than insects. These fantastic stories of machines doing all our labor and "the gov't" just handing out checks is absurd. There is always something NO ONE can avoid, repress or subjugate, (nor should they be able too) is the ambition of another cognizant individual to pursue something better.

Until you get into the realm of spirits and souls, you're always going to have the dude who wants something faster, tastier, shinier, bigger or otherwise covetous to someone else. If for no other reason that just to have someone else covet the shit they have.

Well, we do have a UBI. It's just that the progressives think it should be higher, at least for them, for a variety of reasons. One parent should be able to stay home. Their BBB plan curiously benefitted the lower middle class more than the truly poor, and most importantly those who really can't work. A single non working mom can get free rent, food stamps, SSI for each kid, free healthcare

Forum List

Back