6th grader admits to making ancient symbol in mulch at school

I went to a rather prestigious private Catholic school when in sixth grade, in the mid 1960s.

At recess, the boys in free recess would have war games out in the parking lot. Half would be the Allies and wear self-made American flag armbands. The other half would be the Axis and wear self-made Nazi armbands. We would run around and bang-bang with toy guns brought to school or something in our hands to substitute. We would kill, take prisoners, and yes, interrogate.

Now, can you imagine, in this girlish day and age (sorry ladies but it's a point), a reporter running across such a scene? It would make the front page - photos of screaming children in Nazi armbands and blue bowties - the school would be closed, the children sent to psychologists and the parents under the thumb of Child Services.

Holy shit, what nonsense that would be.

I live very close to Mt. Lebanon. It's a lovely community.

I went to a rather prestigious private Catholic school when in sixth grade, in the mid 1960s.

At recess, the boys in free recess would have war games out in the parking lot. Half would be the Allies and wear self-made American flag armbands. The other half would be the Axis and wear self-made Nazi armbands. We would run around and bang-bang with toy guns brought to school or something in our hands to substitute. We would kill, take prisoners, and yes, interrogate.

Now, can you imagine, in this girlish day and age (sorry ladies but it's a point), a reporter running across such a scene? It would make the front page - photos of screaming children in Nazi armbands and blue bowties - the school would be closed, the children sent to psychologists and the parents under the thumb of Child Services.

Childish, no offense to children :)

Point taken, not offended

I would not want to be a child in this age. Some of my childhood was actual war fare with real guns no toys. I ended up working for peace for years till I was nearly assassinated for the third time and saw too many friends and family die. I left to take care of my own children and be there to see them grow up. I was sort of burned out and needed to recover. I though I was being weak.

How will these children ever survive if they are never taught to grow up?

School Officials: 6th Grader Admits To Making Swastika In Playground Mulch

OY VEY! They better get the ADL,SPLC,AIPAC, etc etc in there quick! Can't let this little bastard think for himself! OY VEY!

Its called kicking mulch over and GET THE FUCK OVER IT SNOWFLAKES!

Is he a hindu?

Recently Code Switch came under fire in an interview from a rep. from Breitbart, on NPR, it was awesome.

I remember when they covered this topic. lol

Diwali Dilemma: My Complicated Relationship With The Swastika

Meh --- not so sure. I went to school before that and distinctly remember doodling a swastika in first grade.
(Why? Just doodling, five years old, no meaning) The kid sitting next to me shrieked and said to me, "you can get arrested for making a Nazi sign like that!" I just looked at him with the five-year-old's equivalent of "what the fuck?"

That was the 1950s dood. Eisenhower era.
Not sure things are so different now as we like to whine and imagine that they are.

The swastika is an ancient symbol used by many cultures. The Nazis hijacked it. If they would had used a cross or crescent moon, would those symbols be banned today?

ancient symbol lol you nazis crack me up......its not a klan hood its a spooky ghost costume

Meh --- not so sure. I went to school before that and distinctly remember doodling a swastika in first grade.
(Why? Just doodling, five years old, no meaning) The kid sitting next to me shrieked and said to me, "you can get arrested for making a Nazi sign like that!" I just looked at him with the five-year-old's equivalent of "what the fuck?"

That was the 1950s dood. Eisenhower era.
Not sure things are so different now as we like to whine and imagine that they are.

which direction, clockwise or counter clockwise? horizontal or diagonal?

6cc6fe7835b1f20ddec8c606a0d02401.jpg

a game with a few sides missing

Was it made with the intention of hate, racism or violence? or just a design

I live very close to Mt. Lebanon. It's a lovely community.

I was going to read the article hoping that it was some southern state I could make a smartass joke about. I opened the article and was like, "Goddamit."

"The superintendent says the district has a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination."

What does discrimination have to do with a swastika? What about littering? Anyway, how does a 6-year-old kick together a symbol of that size, with near-perfect uniformity, impeccable geometric proportions on length/width/corners, and leaving not a sing leaf over around the perimeter? I smell a hoax.

ancient symbol lol you nazis crack me up......its not a klan hood its a spooky ghost costume
Dear PurpleOwl and theHawk
In Buddhism there is a symbol using a swastika that is flipped the other way. Do you think people can tell the difference?

Of course the average person will see it as a Nazi symbol and react accordingly.

If you know people are going to associate it with Hitler and the Jewish Holocaust, of course you take precautions.

I have family photos of me at a traditional Vietnamese Buddhist funeral service for my father who was highly respected in that community. In the picture I'm wearing traditional white on my head but it looks like a pointed white hood. And the symbol on the cloth is one of those reverse swastikas.

Can you imagine if I ran for public office and that photo leaked out? Of me wearing a white pointy hood standing next to a swastika?

I have family photos of me at a traditional Vietnamese Buddhist funeral service for my father who was highly respected in that community. In the picture I'm wearing traditional white on my head but it looks like a pointed white hood. And the symbol on the cloth is one of those reverse swastikas.

Convenient story. What was the significance of the burning cross behind you? :eusa_eh:

Dear PurpleOwl and theHawk
In Buddhism there is a symbol using a swastika that is flipped the other way. Do you think people can tell the difference?

Of course the average person will see it as a Nazi symbol and react accordingly.

If you know people are going to associate it with Hitler and the Jewish Holocaust, of course you take precautions.

Can you imagine if I ran for public office and that photo leaked out? Of me wearing a white pointy hood standing next to a swastika?
I guess all these were drawn by north vietnamese buddhists as well?

Cw3nfYvWQAEuuLJ.jpg

XcE24Yl.png

YauchParkGraffiti.jpg

5cc1cff31fa4c86039318e8834912d80

l_nweltrumpgraffitix1200.jpg

Forum List

Back