5 most ridiculous myths about Obama

I notice that not a single one of those has anything to do with his policies at all. Only the last one is connected with government in any shape or form yet it completely skirts anything that might be considered Obama policy.

I notice that not a single one of those has anything to do with his policies at all. Only the last one is connected with government in any shape or form yet it completely skirts anything that might be considered Obama policy.

Because it would have had to have been negatice. There is no "myth" about that

Bump. Christ. Ppl bring this stuff up all the time.

I am tired of giving my undereducated Republican friends talking points they should be using when they run their mouths about birth certificates and Arlington.

GAWD, ain't that the truth.

Talk about the Dow and all the rw's can say is the latest variation of a lie about Obama. Most rw's still do not know anything factual about ACA or have even a friggin clue what they want to throw away. They don't know they've been paying lower taxes and getting more for them. They don't know about the tax breaks for small business or for big business who bring their business back to he US and hire US workers. They still don't know how many MILLIONS of jobs the R have filibustered or what we all stand to lose if Mitt is elected.

Funny thing though, the one that pisses me off the most is that rw's STILL do not know why GITMO is still open.

Who don't they know these basic things?

cuz they get their "news" from fux, lushbo, brietbart, dredge ........................

I agree

Why is the extreme right so fucking dumb?

I agree

Most likely because they are a balance to the extreme left who is also that fucking dumb. You know, people like you....

I agree

Most likely because they are a balance to the extreme left who is also that fucking dumb. You know, people like you....

Really?

Post your top five lies about Romney coming from the extreme left

I agree

Really?

Um......Romney doesn't seem to care much about abortion, or have any real foreign policy differences from Obama but I was talking with some church ppl who think so, is that a lie on their part?

Deconstructing the 5 most ridiculous myths about Barack Obama - The Week

1. Obama has played more golf than any president in history
This isn't even close to being true. Now, there's no question that he plays on a regular basis: 104 rounds from January 2009 through Aug. 4 of this year, the last time he played, according to Mark Knoller, the longtime White House correspondent for CBS Radio. That puts him about in the middle when compared with other duffers-in-chief

2.Obama has taken more vacation time than any president in history

But how much time away from the White House has President Obama spent, and how does this compare with predecessors?

POTUS Tracker, compiled by The Washington Post, shows that from January 2009 to October 31, 2012, Obama spent all or part of 72 vacation days in a variety of places, mostly Hawaii in the winter and Martha's Vineyard in the summer. That's about 10 weeks away in three-and-a-half years, hardly extravagant. Through May 18, according to data from CBS's Knoller, he also visited Camp David 22 times, spending all of part of 54 days there.

· John F. Kennedy rarely spent a weekend in the White House, staying at family homes in Palm Beach, Hyannis Port, and the Virginia countryside.

· Lyndon Johnson spent 484 days in five and a half years at his Texas ranch.

· Ronald Reagan was away for 436 days, usually at Rancho del Cielo (his mountaintop retreat in California) or Camp David.

· Bill Clinton, who didn't own a vacation home, loved to party with his elite friends in Martha's Vineyard and the Hamptons.

· George W. Bush spent 32 months at his ranch (490 days) or Camp David (487 days) — an average of four months away every year.

I don't think you are even close. The lies are THAT BIG!

Remember when they said Obama took a trip costing 200 million dollars a day and took half the Navy and Air Force to India? That's like a super duper pooper scooper lie. Humongous.

Or when they say Obama is friends with al Qaeda and it was Mitt Romney who was instrumental in taking out Bin Laden. Major HUH?

Look at this post by "healthmyths".

"Today I am pledging to cut the deficit we inherited [deficit 2008 $ 459 billion] in half by the end of my first term in office." [That would be $230 billion]

But the Reality is Obama's deficits have been:
Recent US Federal Deficit Numbers
  • FY 2012: $1,089 billion
  • FY 2011: $1,300 billion
  • FY 2010: $1,293 billion
  • FY 2009: $1,413 billion
Total of $5 trillion in deficits since Obama made that promise to cut in half the $459 billion deficit...

Again.. YOU undecideds... HOW could someone be YOUR president for 4 more years if he WAS so WRONG in his pledge to cut the deficit in HALF!!!!
Think about it if you had an employee.. (Remember Obama works for you!!!)
A) Made an outrageously obviously uninformed PLEDGE and you foolishly accepted that pledge and
B) 4 years later NOT only DIDN"T KEEP the pledge but GROSSLY hugely MISSED by over 1,100% !

And look at my answer:

Notice the trend? The yearly deficit cut by nearly a third. At this rate, in four more years, we will have a surplus like Bill Clinton. Remember, 12 years of Republican economics left Clinton with the same mess Bush left Obama. Carter was about even. Only what Obama was given was worse because Republicans also controlled both houses for so many years.

Democratic economics is based on study, data, Universities. Republican economics comes from the Heritage Foundation and they give their policies silly names like "trickle down". Republicans love to say if you took all the money from the wealthiest and put it towards the debt, it wouldn't be enough. Exactly the argument "trickle down" doesn't work.
-----------------------------------

Then the recent Romney lies that Obama ended the Welfare Work Requirement. Most Republicans don't even know that under Clinton, welfare was reformed and even people on welfare have to work. Those people walking down our city streets cleaning the street are receiving welfare money for cleaning those streets.

Then the other Romney lie that Obama is moving jeeps to China. And this, coming from a man who is moving a company in Freeport, Il, - THIS MONTH - to China because those people will work for 99 cents and hour.

As far as Romney's "blind trust":

When he ran against Sen. Edward Kennedy in 1994, Romney spoke critically of Kennedy's claim that he had no control over his investments. "The blind trust is an age-old ruse," Romney told the Boston Globe at the time.

Mitt Romney's Blind Trust Not So Blind - ABC News

5 most ridiculous myths about Obama:

1) He was at all qualified to be President.
2) That there was hope for change.
3) He would reduce unemployment to less than 6% with Stimulus.
4) He knew how to fix the economy.
5) He was a uniter.

Honorable mentions:

He would cut the deficit in half.
There were shovel ready jobs.

Last edited:
I agree

Really?

I don't think anything could top "secret foreign Muslim Kenyan". However the right has had 4 years to cultivate this nonsense, so it's only fair to give the left that same amount of time.

What will you post about after Romney wins tomorrow?

I suspect I'll be jeering at all his supporters in the weeks and months following a Romney win. As he systematically steps back from repealing Obamacare, instead merely tweaking it to further secure the interests of the insurance industry; As he welcomes home the neo-cons and PNAC; As mashes the gas further on Obama's Homeland Surveillance Machine.

Hopefully, if we are 'burned' as I expect, we'll learn the lesson: "Anybody but ..." invites disaster.

I sure hope I'm wrong about this, and find myself, a year from now, forced to admit that the president, whoever it may be, is doing a good job. But it seems like a pretty sure bet that Romney will be as bad, possibly worse, than Obama.

Last edited:

I suspect I'll be jeering at all his supporters in the weeks and months following a Romney win. As he systematically steps back from repealing Obamacare, instead merely tweaking it to further secure the interests of the insurance industry; As he welcomes home the neo-cons and PNAC; As mashes the gas further on Obama's Homeland Surveillance Machine.

Hopefully, if we are 'burned' as I expect, we'll learn the lesson: "Anybody but ..." invites disaster.

I sure hope I'm wrong about this, and find myself, a year from now, forced to admit that the president, whoever it may be, is doing a good job. But it seems like a pretty sure bet that Romney will be as bad, possibly worse, than Obama.

This is what happens when you do nothing but listen to network TV.

5 most ridiculous myths about Obama:

1) He was at all qualified to be President.
2) That there was hope for change.
3) He would reduce unemployment to less than 6% with Stimulus.
4) He knew how to fix the economy.
5) He was a uniter.

Honorable mentions:

He would cut the deficit in half.
There were shovel ready jobs.

He ended the war in Iraq (by following Mr Bush's timeline/plan).

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

The media has spent a year telling everyone what a bad man Romney is, his life story is exactly the opposite of that.

His history is one of success and charity, his family life is one of americana lore..

Will this make him a good President?

I have NO idea...but he isn't anything Barak Fuck Head Obama has said of him.

Forum List

Back