Zone1 30 Controversial Examples of White Privilege in America – Examining Racial Disparities and Inequities

Yes it does. If anyone sets realistic goals and works and sacrifices he or she can achieve them.
IF they have the intelligence and ability.

A realistic goal for a high school grad with average intelligence and a C average would be to enroll in a vocational program to learn a trade.

A realistic goal for a high school grade with a B average and above-average intelligence would be to go to college (using Pell Grants if poor) and get a degree in a marketable field.

A realistic goal for an A-student in high school would be to go on to college, and then an advanced degree to become a lawyer, doctor, high-ranking corporate executive, etc.

You don’t seem to understand the difference between wisdom and knowledge.
Wisdom is the proper use of knowledge usually gained through experience over time.

Where the 'knowledgeable' people have led this country, and the world is...appalling. Wisdom says we have to do things differently.

Last edited:
/——/ What a bizarre twist of logic. What makes you think higher paid workers don’t earn it? Their jobs are more demanding and stressful. And if less educated people are so wise, why don’t they get a better education so they can earn more?
What is the criteria for 'earning' it? We seem to reward failure more than success.

IF they have the intelligence and ability.

A realistic goal for a high school grad with average intelligence and a C average would be to enroll in a vocational program to learn a trade.

A realistic goal for a high school grade with a B average and above-average intelligence would be to go to college (using Pell Grants if poor) and get a degree in a marketable field.

A realistic goal for an A-student in high school would be to go on to college, and then an advanced degree to become a lawyer, doctor, high-ranking corporate executive, etc.
Not easy to set goals at such a young age.

A goal as to whether to pursue higher education or a trade program? Guidance counselors can provide appropriate direction.
My guidance counselor arbitrarily put me in the college prep course in high school based on my grades alone. He didn't ask me a single question about what I liked to do, which is to work with my hands.

I have been happily working with my hands all of my life. No college needed. I believe he thought his job was to direct as many students to college as possible, even if they weren't a good fit.

Last edited:
My guidance counselor arbitrarily put me in the college prep course in high school based on my grades alone. He didn't ask me a single question about what I liked to do, which is to work with my hands.

I have been happily working with my hands all of my life. No college needed. I believe he thought his job was to direct as many students to college as possible, even if they weren't a good fit.
They he wasn’t a good counselor.

So I have a second suggestion: all high school graduates should be required to work for a full year before they move on to either college or trade school. It’s a win-win: the “average” young adults would appreciate that they need vocational training to move out of a MW job, the bright students will have a year to mature and appreciate the opportunity of college with a better idea of what career they want, and of course they would help fill the labor shortage.

They he wasn’t a good counselor.

So I have a second suggestion: all high school graduates should be required to work for a full year before they move on to either college or trade school. It’s a win-win: the “average” young adults would appreciate that they need vocational training to move out of a MW job, the bright students will have a year to mature and appreciate the opportunity of college with a better idea of what career they want, and of course they would help fill the labor shortage.
This guy was the guidance counselor all through junior and senior years. All the kids thought he was weird.

I have suggested 2 to 4 years, including military service, prior to enrolling in college. Trade school after 2 years in the general workforce.

This guy was the guidance counselor all through junior and senior years. All the kids thought he was weird.

I have suggested 2 to 4 years, including military service, prior to enrolling in college. Trade school after 2 years in the general workforce.
I was going to suggest 2 years myself.

A goal as to whether to pursue higher education or a trade program? Guidance counselors can provide appropriate direction.
Very true, especially with all the analytical tools we have today.

But, will they listen?

I graduated high school in 1963! :D Based on my grades and math scores, my counselor urged me to go into computers. What a dumb idea. They took up a room the size of a bedroom, and we'd only need a dozen of them anyway. I majored in marine biology and never used the degree.

Then the US Army got a hold of me, and based on all their tests, I'd make an ideal sniper. I still wonder if that was good or bad! :D

Very true, especially with all the analytical tools we have today.

But, will they listen?

I graduated high school in 1963! :D Based on my grades and math scores, my counselor urged me to go into computers. What a dumb idea. They took up a room the size of a bedroom, and we'd only need a dozen of them anyway. I majored in marine biology and never used the degree.

Then the US Army got a hold of me, and based on all their tests, I'd make an ideal sniper. I still wonder if that was good or bad! :D
OMG. I didn’t know you were that old! You’ve certainly got all your marbles.

Were you in Vietnam?

Also, are you a man or a woman? I always assumed a woman, because you have so much common sense. (Just joking, fellas! Don’t attack!)

Isn't that a little condescending and paternalistic?

Thinking you have to take up for him because he's black and doesn't know how to defend himself?
No, I just don't like to see people taking cheap shots for simple mistakes. I rarely, if ever, defend IM2, I detest him and everything he stands for. But fair is fair.

Forum List

Back