2nd reddest state in US (OK) puts child murderer to death despite "mental illness" claim

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022

Sorry to go by appearances but you can just look @ this guy and know (suspect) he is mentally ill. Then there is what he did to his own daughter who was only 9 months old.. to show just how mentally ill he is. It goes without saying that someone who does this kind of thing is mentally ill. I never could u/stand the "logic" of finding someone "innocent" of heinous crimes based on the mental illness claim. But anyhow, the courts rejected his attorney's appeal and he was executed. I tend to disagree w/ OK's view of the death penalty but can't say I am crying over this either...

• Banned
Damn shame it took so long.
well, I am not sure it took very long and it is a very serious thing to send a soul to its Judgment when maybe he is not ready. Therefore, I am NOT in favor of OK's death penalty views.

Again, I say the death penalty should only be for cop killers and serial killers and those who commit treason, as strictly defined.. Some people in govt seem to be betraying their country, putting other countries first.. but the definition of treason I am going by is.. where one basically colludes with an enemy our country is at war with (not a cold war, an actual war).

well, I am not sure it took very long and it is a very serious thing to send a soul to its Judgment when maybe he is not ready. Therefore, I am NOT in favor of OK's death penalty views.

Again, I say the death penalty should only be for cop killers and serial killers and those who commit treason, as strictly defined.. Some people in govt seem to be betraying their country, putting other countries first.. but the definition of treason I am going by is.. where one basically colludes with an enemy our country is at war with (not a cold war, an actual war).
20 fuckin' years?

• Banned
20 fuckin' years?
Did it take that long? I missed that information, assuming you are telling the truth. You're not a dimrat so I assume you are.

Like I said.. I said was not sure it took a long time.

In any case, do you disagree w / my view on the d penalty? I think I know the answer but thought I'd ask

Sorry to go by appearances but you can just look @ this guy and know (suspect) he is mentally ill. Then there is what he did to his own daughter who was only 9 months old.. to show just how mentally ill he is. It goes without saying that someone who does this kind of thing is mentally ill. I never could u/stand the "logic" of finding someone "innocent" of heinous crimes based on the mental illness claim. But anyhow, the courts rejected his attorney's appeal and he was executed. I tend to disagree w/ OK's view of the death penalty but can't say I am crying over this either...
We execute babies in the hundreds of thousands a year, yet when you have a murderer who is quite insane, we cant seem to pull the lever for death. If he isnt of sound mind, then remove him permanently from society, but then that would be one less Democrat voter.

IMO no one has the right to take the life of another outside of direct self defense. But in the small picture argument, yes it is sad that a country would support putting the mentally ill to death.

We execute babies in the hundreds of thousands a year, yet when you have a murderer who is quite insane, we cant seem to pull the lever for death. If he isnt of sound mind, then remove him permanently from society, but then that would be one less Democrat voter.

I'm pro-life and I do not support what we did here. What argument do you have for me?

His 9-month old daughter wasn’t ready, either. This was a heinous crime, and he deserved his penalty.

Sure didn't seem to take long to murder his 9-month old daughter.

felons cannot vote but the demonrats are working on changing that, I hear

As Senator Kennedy of LA said

"Republicans aren' perfect but the other side is crazy"

sums it up succinctly

Sure didn't seem to take long to murder his 9-month old daughter.
this brings up the issue of "heat of the moment" crimes..

again, we should only execute serial murderers, cop killers and those who sell out our country in time of actual (not cold) war.

I doubt anyone can convince me to change my mind. In fact, I know no one ever will. I stand by what I said, t hat it is a very serious thing to send someone to his or her Judgment when the person may not be ready.

Jesus said Few find the Narrow way and St Paul confirmed, saying that we must undergo many hardships to enter Heaven

But who listesn to the Original Church on such matters?

yes, i know... hard to find the Original Church but some of us have

Good for him. I hope it hurt alot.
What if the guy regreted it? What if it happend in the heat of the moment and he didn't intend to kill her? I doubt that is the case but what if?

We don't even have that information or I haven't found it anyhow..

It is a seroius thing to take anyone's life.. God is the only who can create life and HE should be the ONLY one to take it (except in certain specified situations where innocent people need to be protected...)

again, we should only execute serial murderers, cop killers and those who sell out our country in time of actual (not cold) war.

I doubt anyone can convince me to change my mind. In fact, I know no one ever will. I stand by what I said, t hat it is a very serious thing to send someone to his or her Judgment when the person may not be ready.

Jesus said Few find the Narrow way and St Paul confirmed, saying that we must undergo many hardships to enter Heaven

Heat of the moment? With a 9-month old?

I would be entirely for a "Guilty but insane" finding that still holds mentally ill people accountable for their crimes, but also gets them treatment.

My problem with the Death Penalty is that inevitably, you are going to execute innocent people.

Doesn't the Bible also say an eye for an eye?

My problem with the Death Penalty is that inevitably, you are going to execute innocent people.
thanks for reminding me of the other reason I am against the death penalty except for convicted (and upheld on appeal) serial murderers, etc...

a lot of innocent people have been put to death. DNA has exonerated the ones who were not executed b4 the new evidence came to light (but would have been w/ o that evidence)

Forum List

Back