2020 Country Muisc "Essential" Albums

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I don't agree with all the choices, mainly because I don't spend a lot of time listening to entire albums, but, there is some good Country Music to be found at this site

Saving Country Music’s 2020 Essential Albums List

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to Saving Country Music’s most comprehensive list of top-rated albums for 2020. Let this be your field guide to 2020 releases in the country and roots world. As has happened every year since the site’s inception, more albums were reviewed this year than ever before in 2020, meaning this list has become more expansive than ever before.

Please note the ground rules below, especially the fact that the Album of the Year nominees are NOT included on the list since they’re already received their fair share of attention.

I'm sorry but I can't stand most country music. 90% of it seems to be some alcoholic lamenting the fact that his woman left him because he got drunk too much and mistreated her.

I'm sorry but I can't stand most country music. 90% of it seems to be some alcoholic lamenting the fact that his woman left him because he got drunk too much and mistreated her.

Most commercial country music is like that. Most noted here is not commercial country music.

Is someone holding a gun to your head making you listen? What's up with you fuckers that have nothing good to say, or informative, and just have to seek attention? I don't get it.

Relax grandpa.

• Banned
Where is Elizabeth Cook's new release?
Did you or have you ever read the web site or watched his facebook page- I'm pretty sure he's mentioned her more that once- he is a 1 man show doing a damn fine job of finding good (read not trashville crap), new, Country Music and singers- there is a comments section and he is pretty good about answering questions- try reading it- he's the most objective journalist I've ever read. Period.

You obviously don't really know country music.

Where is Elizabeth Cook's new release?
Did you or have you ever read the web site or watched his facebook page- I'm pretty sure he's mentioned her more that once- he is a 1 man show doing a damn fine job of finding good (read not trashville crap), new, Country Music and singers- there is a comments section and he is pretty good about answering questions- try reading it- he's the most objective journalist I've ever read. Period.

No, I have not. Based upon what you said though it would make me ask my question again. Many people have called it her best album. I still think I like Welder better but still..........

Most commercial country music is what he described and what most people know.
The web site I linked to offers very little of the main stream radio (trashville) so-called Country music-

Instead of y'all rendering your opinions as a good thang, perhaps reading would expand your knowledge-

You obviously don't really know country music.

I think any genre of music created for the masses has its flaws to be sure. You can often listen to a new voice in music and find years later that the group/singer has lost something in the evolution of their musical career.

Country music lyrics are simplistic, to be sure, but so are the rest.

I once read a study that gave music lyrics a grade and it was pretty pitiful for all of them. I think tock came in at about 3rd grade and country came in first at a fifth grade level. I thought OMG.

The web site I linked to offers very little of the main stream radio (trashville) so-called Country music-

Instead of y'all rendering your opinions as a good thang, perhaps reading would expand your knowledge-

Touchy aren't we? You post a link and expect everyone to learn everything about the site before commenting? I asked what I believe to be a valid question.

Forum List

Back