CDZ 2014 Mid-Term Election returns thread

The fact is the Obama agenda is screwing up the country and the people have said they don't want any part of it. Remember, "elections have consequences". Funny how you hyper partisan people seem to think you're immune.

They definitely do have consequences. The Republican voters decided today to inflict massive economic consequences on all of us. Whether they did it to make some kind of statement or just because they don't know any better, I don't care. That pretty much seems like six of one, half a dozen of the other to me.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Obama did more damage to our economy in 6 years than all the Bushes and Reagans did in 30 years. You're one delusional individual.

Median family income in America has dropped faster under Obama than any President is U.S. History.

That is Obama's legacy.

Not the topic of this thread, but could an excellent thread on its own.

It really speaks a great deal to the election results. No matter how much Obama attempts to tout the economic numbers, the reality remains the average America is losing ground in a big way.

One of the findings in the exit polls is that the overwhelming number of Americans think their future and America's future is bleak. The economic data for the average American supports their assessment.

The fact is the Obama agenda is screwing up the country and the people have said they don't want any part of it. Remember, "elections have consequences". Funny how you hyper partisan people seem to think you're immune.

They definitely do have consequences. The Republican voters decided today to inflict massive economic consequences on all of us. Whether they did it to make some kind of statement or just because they don't know any better, I don't care. That pretty much seems like six of one, half a dozen of the other to me.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Obama did more damage to our economy in 6 years than all the Bushes and Reagans did in 30 years. You're one delusional individual.

Median family income in America has dropped faster under Obama than any President is U.S. History.

That is Obama's legacy.

Not the topic of this thread, but could an excellent thread on its own.

It really speaks a great deal to the election results. No matter how much Obama attempts to tout the economic numbers, the reality remains the average America is losing ground in a big way.

One of the findings in the exit polls is that the overwhelming number of Americans think their future and America's future is bleak. The economic data for the average American supports their assessment.

Now, there I think you made a good, cogent argument.

Some more unsung heros of the mid-terms:

In MN, Al Franken (D), who barely won 8 years ago, won by +12 points.
In HI, Schatz (D) has won, with 74% of the vote, a +50 margin.
In MA, Markey (D) has won, with +25
In RI, Reed (D) has won, with +41
In OK, Inhofe (R) has won, with +40
In OK, Langford (R) has won, with +39 in the special election.
In SC, Graham (R) was won, with +17
In NJ, Booker (D) won by +14

In IL, Durbin (D) has won, with +10, pretty underwhelming.
In MI, Peters (D) has won, with +12.8 (his aggregate was +12.2, right on the money)

According to Politico, the GOP has now picked up 11 seats in the HOR (12 pickups minus one loss).

WelfareQueen - the one hard prediction I made was the number 11 in the HOR, but I will probably miss the mark, because there are three or four more pickup opportunities for the GOP. And maximum 1 pick-up opportunity for the DEMS (CA-31)

The point I am making is that maybe the House Generic wasn't off very much at all. Maybe at the end of the day, when all is said and done, that the GOP wins in the House races nationally by about 3%, but exceeded expectations in the Senate and in the gubernatorials.

For me, Maryland is a big surprise. Very interesting development.

It looks like Malloy is going to pull it out in CT and win re-election.

According to Politico, the GOP has now picked up 11 seats in the HOR (12 pickups minus one loss).

WelfareQueen - the one hard prediction I made was the number 11 in the HOR, but I will probably miss the mark, because there are three or four more pickup opportunities for the GOP. And maximum 1 pick-up opportunity for the DEMS (CA-31)

The point I am making is that maybe the House Generic wasn't off very much at all. Maybe at the end of the day, when all is said and done, that the GOP wins in the House races nationally by about 3%, but exceeded expectations in the Senate and in the gubernatorials.

Stat....I nailed everything. :D. Got Iowa....Colorado....got NH...Wave election....Polls were off.....everything but NC.

It was a good night. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would bet that the Rs pick up MD-06 (Bongino) and the Ds pick-up NE- 02 (Ashford)

Looks like a GOP pick up in NV-04, I expect it will be called pretty soon.

Oh, no, in WA-04, it's R against R, there wasn't even a D on the ballot!! :lol:

Stat....I fucking nailed everything. :D. Got Iowa....Colorado....got NH...Wave election....Polls were off.....everything but NC.

It was a good night. :)

Then I toast to you, WQ.

I agree. Maryland is a shocker.

Forum List

Back