2011 Columbia study predicted Sandy...

There is no relationship between Sandy and global warming. Global cooling maybe, but not global warming.

There is no relationship between Sandy and global warming. Global cooling maybe, but not global warming.

You are hilarious! I bet you also smoke cigarettes! So, you disagree with scientist and environmentalist worldwide? I guess you have a PHd in.....I don't know....Political Brainwashing...

So Funny!

You are hilarious! I bet you also smoke cigarettes! So, you disagree with scientist and environmentalist worldwide? I guess you have a PHd in.....I don't know....Political Brainwashing...

So Funny!

I agree with legitimate scientists world wide. Environmentalists have always been full of crap.

Sandy was a very weak tropical depression that made landfall at a Cat 1hurricane. Within 30 minutes it was designated a tropical storm UNTIL it collided with freezing arctic air that made it a superstorm. Not a hurricane, a superstorm with a cold core. The damage did not come from the storm activity, but from the storm surge driving the water into small areas, around Cape May and into Long Island sound. That's not global warming, it's geography.

Scientists say that if there was global warming it ended 16 years ago. What we have now is a VERY NORMAL 30 year cycle of storm activity in which the Pacific cools and the Atlantic warms. In 30 years it will go back, just as it always has.

Dealing with warmists is like having the village shaman patiently explaining how a rain dance and the sacrifice of a chicken with its head pointing north will make it rain.

There's a legend that the reason why Christopher Columbus wasn't killed by the natives is because he "stole the sun" during an eclipse. Who knew those savages were ahead of the curve and have become today's liberals.

Disinformation.

The report didn't predict Sandy...It predicted the result of a once-a-century storm, which is what Sandy was.

ho-hum

OH! So just forget about the next storm then. We are good!:clap2:

The Gulf Stream is warmer further north, so the incidence of storms further north will increase. As sea levels rise, the chance of such a storm, without the additional help of a couple of other storms, flooding the subways will increase.

Now the storm named Sandy was anything but a weak hurricane. It had only the wind speed of a Cat 1, but it was a huge storm with a record low pressure. That was one of the factors in the storm surge.

But I doubt that we will see the combination of factors that created the huge destruction of Sandy again in most of our lifetimes.

But I doubt that we will see the combination of factors that created the huge destruction of Sandy again in most of our lifetimes.

Really Ray? What makes you say that? I havent heard the meteorilogical synopsis of this storm yet........Ive been in the dark. I did hear that this sharp left turn had never been seen.......is that what you mean?

Forum List

Back