1968 Marlin 336RC Lever Action In .35 Remington

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I picked-up a really nice 1968 Marlin 336 RC today. I gave a bit more than usual due to it's condition/caliber/set-up. $550.00. I'd rate it a solid 90%+ lever action.

35 002 (3).JPG

It came with a like vintage Weaver steel tube 2.5X scope in low Weaver rings and even had a JM marked hammer spur.....Just the way I would have set it up so someone knew what they were about.

I have a 1956 vintage 336 Texan (straight wrist) in .35 and plenty of ammo so why not a pistol gripped scoped one for the collection. ;)

I killed both my first and my last deer (50 years later) with my Texan in .35.....It's a great thick woods gun caliber, I never had one get up after being hit with it but the vast majority were killed at well under 100 yards.

DSCN5599_2.jpg

Very nice! I used to have a late 60's 336 in 35 Remington, until I traded it off. It was set up exactly like that with a Weaver K2.5 steel tube scope. Is the reticle fine crosshairs, duplex, or post?

Very nice! I used to have a late 60's 336 in 35 Remington, until I traded it off. It was set up exactly like that with a Weaver K2.5 steel tube scope. Is the reticle fine crosshairs, duplex, or post?
Medium crosshairs....I have another Weaver 2.5 on a .45-70 marlin M1895 that's a post.

I have a old Weaver K6 on a .22-250 Rem. 788 with the fine crosshairs and they damn near disappear at times. It's a groundhog killin' machine.

It's amazing how they hold up but let's face it, these days the cheapest Wally World Bushnell has better optics.

Medium crosshairs....I have another Weaver 2.5 on a .45-70 marlin M1895 that's a post.

I have a old Weaver K6 on a .22-250 Rem. 788 with the fine crosshairs and they damn near disappear at times. It's a groundhog killin' machine.

It's amazing how they hold up but let's face it, these days the cheapest Wally World Bushnell has better optics.

I still find a lot of those old Weaver scopes at garage sales for around $20. They're collectible and bring pretty good money on Egay, for as little as they cost.

I still find a lot of those old Weaver scopes at garage sales for around $20. They're collectible and bring pretty good money on Egay, for as little as they cost.
Yep, I find a couple decent ones every year at the local flea market, mostly K4s, and usually with rings. I use them on like vintage rifles.

Forum List

Back