1955. What a Year!

Mac-7

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2019
It doesnt get much better than this

FA9C8148-6DC7-41C3-829C-F1779129C80D.jpeg

I absolutely LOVED 1955!

All I had to do back then was suckle and shit, and everything else was taken care of for me.

IMO, a cooler looking ride than the '57....Though the '58 Steve Bolander model is my fave.
Pre-1955 does not do much for me

but after that Detroit was on a roll for 20 years

The oil crisis with OPEC changed everything.
It sure killed the muscle car market

savvy investors could have bought them for scrap metal prices and made a fortune selling them today

I was graduated from my private secondary school in 1955. (Fortunately, my parents could afford the tuition. Our local public high school was just beginning to experience certain problems.)

I was denied entrance to our fine public university in Los Angeles because of my bad grades in high school physics, but I was able to enter a private university.

My parents gave me a 1955 Chevrolet.

I will always remember the 1950s as the most peaceful decade we have had. No sucker punching or mass looting. Our cities were still quiet and peaceful. Not necessary to spend money for a security system for our houses. It was the time of "I Love Lucy" and Milton Berle, the comedian on that new invention called "television."

Airplane travel was becoming popular. Passengers dressed like ladies & gentlemen when they were on those airplanes.

I

Forum List

Back