118 In Phoenix Yesterday....

Spent 35 years in Northern Virginia right outside of the snake's den (DC), in the summer it would get positively tropical not that it bothered me all that much, spent much of my childhood growing up in the Pacific.
Last night the humidity was up to 35%, had to turn on both swamp coolers just so that it was cool enough to go to sleep at 4AM.........
Oh and I was born but not raised a Yooper, mom was from Gladstone dad was from Wisconsin I was raised a military brat.

I like it up above the Big Mac....that was "up north" where we went on a week's vacation each summer. Pretty much deserted from what it was back in the 50's and 60's. From the Straits over to Iron Mountain. Fished Lake Gogebic with my father in law for a couple days one summer...walleye and huge bluegills....we used tiger leeches and bobbers and two poles each.

I used to have a yearly Sales Conference in Scottsdale where we flew all of our Sales Reps to for a weeks stay.....it was hotter than a hot potato....I don't care if there is no humidity, hot is hot, and it was blazing hot there....and even though it is somewhat picturesque, with Mountains and dessert.... I truly missed seeing green.....no lush green forests, no lush green lawns everywhere....everything seemed Red and Tan....with pebbled lawns and landscaping.... it's okay for something different for a week a year, but my soul longed for the lush, green trees and lawns and meadows and bushes and lakes by the time I got home....

It is 75 degrees here today, with a light breeze and is lovely....not even using the air conditioning because the inside house is still around 70 degrees.....
where abouts in Maine care?.....at least give me a big city you are by.....

Spent 35 years in Northern Virginia right outside of the snake's den (DC), in the summer it would get positively tropical not that it bothered me all that much, spent much of my childhood growing up in the Pacific.
Last night the humidity was up to 35%, had to turn on both swamp coolers just so that it was cool enough to go to sleep at 4AM.........
Oh and I was born but not raised a Yooper, mom was from Gladstone dad was from Wisconsin I was raised a military brat.

I like it up above the Big Mac....that was "up north" where we went on a week's vacation each summer. Pretty much deserted from what it was back in the 50's and 60's. From the Straits over to Iron Mountain. Fished Lake Gogebic with my father in law for a couple days one summer...walleye and huge bluegills....we used tiger leeches and bobbers and two poles each.
Like I said I was born there, other than Iron Mountain I have no idea where those other places are. Off and on I spent maybe a total one year out of my life up there and that was as a kid. I haven't been back up there in 30+ years.

I used to have a yearly Sales Conference in Scottsdale where we flew all of our Sales Reps to for a weeks stay.....it was hotter than a hot potato....I don't care if there is no humidity, hot is hot, and it was blazing hot there....and even though it is somewhat picturesque, with Mountains and dessert.... I truly missed seeing green.....no lush green forests, no lush green lawns everywhere....everything seemed Red and Tan....with pebbled lawns and landscaping.... it's okay for something different for a week a year, but my soul longed for the lush, green trees and lawns and meadows and bushes and lakes by the time I got home....

It is 75 degrees here today, with a light breeze and is lovely....not even using the air conditioning because the inside house is still around 70 degrees.....
The region is called "Downeast" Maine....it's north of Midcoast Maine...

The Big City closest to us, though many miles a way, the second largest city in the whole State with only 30k or so people, is Bangor.

It's just stunningly beautiful here...jaw dropping in Spring, summer, and Fall....

Winter, it's usually just .....white! (Not this past winter though...we hardly got any snow)

The Big City closest to us, though many miles a way, the second largest city in the whole State with only 30k or so people, is Bangor.

It's just stunningly beautiful here...jaw dropping in Spring, summer, and Fall....

Winter, it's usually just .....white! (Not this past winter though...we hardly got any snow)
on the flyover on the tv show "Aerial America"...it looked great....pretty little place.....

First one of my brothers and then the other one used to hitchhike to Bangor Maine in the early 60's to be tennis counselors at a summer camp for rich kids. I have no idea how they hooked into that but they made pretty good money for a couple months. My Mom and sister and I visited them for an afternoon...I remember the road signs warning of "moose crossings". They had a ball and met some heavyweights....one of the kids was a Gant ie Gant Shirts....they both got a couple Gant shirts each Christmas for years.

First one of my brothers and then the other one used to hitchhike to Bangor Maine in the early 60's to be tennis counselors at a summer camp for rich kids. I have no idea how they hooked into that but they made pretty good money for a couple months. My Mom and sister and I visited them for an afternoon...I remember the road signs warning of "moose crossings". They had a ball and met some heavyweights....one of the kids was a Gant ie Gant Shirts....they both got a couple Gant shirts each Christmas for years.
downtown Bangor this past fall....it's a lovely, quaint little town

PA226885.JPG

PA226883.JPG

My exe's parents lived just outside of Bangor, it's beautiful there. We never made it in the fall due to the kids schooling, but even without the oranges and reds it was nice. I laughed my ass off when his folks took us up the "mountain" though - I live in Alaska...

Scuse me but ain't it usually pretty hot in the freaking desert in the summer? It can be about 90 the first day of summer in the Mid-Atlantic but for the last couple of years it's been cool in the late spring and early summer barely making it to the mid 80's and a predicted high of 79 for the end of the week. I ain't complaining

And that's in the SHADE folks!
krepava.gif
I've lived here so long it doesn't bother me...in fact I like it. Few organisms can live through this kind of heat so I don't worry about falling and skinning my knee like I would in the pathogen-infested midwest I grew up in. And if we didn't have summers like this there would be another 5 million transplants here from the rust belt and Kalifornia. So what's it like when it's this hot?

By 9am the sun feels like opening the oven door on your face.....an intensity that gives you fair warning not to test it. By noon, the streets are deserted, the only signs of life are folks hurrying from an air-conditioned car into an air-conditioned building. Street people line up for the free water dispensed by various charities and the cops look the other way when they loiter in various buildings they don't belong in..

By 4pm it's maxed out.....as hot as it's going to get. Our personal best was back in the 90's when it red-lined at 122. Is it a "dry heat"? Yes it is, for now. The dew-point is still in the 30 degree range but as the July monsoon season approaches that will climb into the 50 degree range making wet air as hot as dry air. That's when those without AC truly suffer.
But hey...we all knew what we were in for when we moved here.
x0scwi.gif
You grow good cotton there!

The last couple of years the spring and summers have been unusually wet and cool but relatively pleasant in the Mid-Atlantic after about a decade of heat and drought and winter storms have dumped several feet of snow.. Is it possible for the geniuses in weather science to come to grips with the fact that it's always hot in the desert and sometimes the weather patterns shift from the east and west coast?

So they can roast like them Hitler jews back in the day.....and I would love to see all conservatives starting with congress and ending with Trump supporters all roasting like a jew during the Nazi regime days....ready?

You're a fucking cartoon-baboon.

It was a 124 degrees in Laughlin for several days in a row a few years back.

Parker is usually the hottest.....sometimes Yuma..you'd think the Colorado River would keep them cool but it's just the opposite.

So they can roast like them Hitler jews back in the day.....and I would love to see all conservatives starting with congress and ending with Trump supporters all roasting like a jew during the Nazi regime days....ready?

You're a fucking cartoon-baboon.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words coming from a diaper wearing conservative shall never hurt me.

Forum List

Back