$100/year National Gun Owner License; Money funds mental health; Other ideas?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
People are asking for ideas. How about this:

A National Gun Owners License. NOT a gun registry, just a license to allow you to own one, kinda like a dirver's license that allows you to drive ANY car, not just your own.

$100 a year. Like Medicare/Medicaid, run it through the states. Requirement? A quick mental eval once a year to renew your license.

The money? Whatever it requires to fund the mental evals (say half), the other half straight to state mental health.

How many gun owners in America? I dont know. Lets say 100,000,000.

Thats $10.000.000.000. Many wont buy one. They'd be charged. Sucks, but we need answers. So, realistic number? $5,000,000,000????

Its a start. It would fund quite a few mental hospitals to get these nuts off the streets. And who knows...maybe a few who fail the mental eval wont have guns.

How do we enforce the ones who fail? Give a 1 year grace period to turn guns over to govt, OR, to a licensed family member (to account for elderly or those who have family owned weapons with sentimental meaning).

Or, we can use SniperFire's idea: Its part of freedom, get over it.

The Out of Control US Gov't runs guns to Mexican Drug Cartels. Stop looking to them for solutions.

100 dollars a year? I pay 30 every 4 for my drivers license that I use much more often.

They'll use it to price you out of the equation, thus removing guns from private ownership by stealth. One year it's $100, next it's $200, and so on and so forth.

I already have to pay the state of Illinois for an FOID card.

Why should I have to pay for another one?

Forum List

Back